How was the episode?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

Am I the only one that was kind of expecting Rarity to realize she can sew and make Pinkie a rock pouch for her sister?  I don't know why I was fully expecting that, but I guess that would have been too easy of a solution for the plot.  Though, I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere on Rarity making a rock pouch for Pinkie to gift to Maud.  I just know it!

But anyway, maybe Rarity didn't forget she can sew!  maybe she was trying to keep silent on that fact so Pinkie is less likely to bring up that idea.  Maybe Rarity is allergic to making rock pouches!!

• Brohoof 1

Teleporting Maud! I'd love to see more of that!

I would love to see that as well. I do wonder how Maud does that, but as long as it helps fix any problems involving her, I'm all for it in future episodes, either this season or future seasons.

This episode was great! The hilight was Rarity turning into a bouncy ball.

Yeah, she went Pinkie Pie there for a bit because she did not know right then what happened with Pinkie's Party Cannon.

• Brohoof 1

I kind of liked it. But Rarity, apparently, hogged more dialogue than Pinkie, and the episode wasn't even hers.

I mean, usually, the character who has the most dialogue has her name on the top of that episode's cast list. Hopefully, Pinkie will earn that honor in the 12th episode of this season, Spice Up Your Life.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I understood Rarity in this episode better this time. Pinkie seems to bring out her silly side, and it's a lot less strange when I'm expecting it. Otherwise, no change in opinion - this is just proof that simplicity can say just as much as complexity. The gags are all on point - all of them - and while this isn't the deepest of episodes, its simple moral about the thought being what counts with gifts is every bit as resonant as something more complex like "The Crystalling." I love how Rarity and Pinkie, two ponies who you'd expect to clash, are getting along really well and clearly care about each other at this point in the show. I like how Maud's lines are written so you can tell how excited she is through her monotone. I love how much Maud and Pinkie care about each other. Pinkie clearly wants to get Maud the best gift because she loves her sister, and for her the lesson is about how Maud knows Pinkie cares and appreciates getting a gift at all. She probably cares more about spending time with Pinkie, anyway. It's entirely in the background, but I also love that Rarity's here to open her boutique. See, it's not that hard to establish a reason for two characters to be in one place! Rarity expanding her business starts the season off on a note of story progression which season 4 never came close to and season 5 only intermittently reached. Love it. 

Humour: 10/10
Characters: 9/10
Theme: 9/10
Story: 8/10
Overall: 90/100

• 5 months later...

10/10 i laughed so so so much in this episode xDDD i dont laugh that much in a MLP episode in a while. 

specially the later scenes with maud and the fire on her eyes and her blinking. aayyy:D

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This episode feels very meh. The connection between Pinkie and Maud is nice, but we already got the same thing in "Maud Pie". Pinkie and Rarity aren't terrible together, but they're not that entertaining. There are some very funny jokes, but Pinkie can get grating and Rarity feels a bit too exaggerated. This isn't a bad episode, but it does feel a bit stale.

Score: 5/10

• 3 months later...

A bit sad to see that quite a lot of people thought this episode was a bit boring. I loved this episode so much, and in my personal opinion, this was arguably one of the best episodes I've ever seen. I could feel Maud caring for her sister through her expressionless face - it made her emotions stand out even more. The fact that storywriters could show how maud was feeling even without changing her expression was impressive. A wonderful, heartwarming episode! :pinkie:

• 3 months later...

This one's kinda annoying. I mean, the story is fine and Maud has some good moments, but both Rarity and Pinkie get on my nerves here. Their voices are both so loud and high pitched that they get grating quickly. This isn't a bad episode, but it's not fun to watch.

Score: 4/10

• 7 months later...

I know it’s a popular scene, but I would have much preferred to see Maud get the cannon back just by being her persistent self and without Rarity’s aid.

The other issue was Pinkie giving away her canon for something that Rarity could easily make. A simple line like “If you make it, then it wouldn’t be from me” would have fixed the issue.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This was a fun episode! A lot of nice bonding with focus on only a few characters made this really enjoyable. The fire in Maud's eyes almost had me trembling in fear, she's too powerful!

• 10 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 5:59 PM, Music Chart Fan said:
Overall, I found this to be another obnoxious Pinkie episode.

You are an obnoxious pinkie hater. Stop hating pinkie and learn to hate characters who actually deserve the hate. Also don’t call pinkie obnoxious it’s ableist to people like her in real life who can’t help their behavior. 

• 1 month later...

You know as someone who said that I despised pinkie, I actually don't any more because of how good this episode was. I love the contrast between Maud and Pinkie. Maud obviously loves her sister very much and is adorable with her little rock pet boulder. Its simply just adorable how Maud is, emotionless but actually having a lot to her more so than she looks. I wish the real NYC looked like it was in the show, though.

• 4 months later...

Fun and good episode especially for fans of Maud.

It was interesting to learn that Pinkie sense runs in the Pie family and seeing a Rarity which gets very frustrated and then completely Pinkie and breaks the 4th Wall. The character contrasts here goes very well with the progress of their moods.