Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst lines/quotes in video games

Megas

• 2 weeks later...

I found this wonderful video! :P Tails provides the best pointless and hilarious quotes, I think. "I'm falling!!" (from Sonic Heroes). Way to state the obvious... :squee:

(Literally one or two of these aren't from video games, but...)

I'm probably in the minority on this one but I found this line from Caius in Final Fantasy 13-2 to sound so awkward.

maxresdefault.jpg

As someone who likes to use a robust vocabulary, I find that there's a time and a place to do so and even if it was in character for Caius to do so, it sounds forced. That and it sounds odd from a vocal perspective too. This line isn't the worst I've heard but it was the one that made me go "You could have used better words for this and would have gotten across the same message. " That and a lot of the words don't flow nearly as well for a threat, even if it was coming from Caius. 

Perhaps I'm nitpicking too much though. 

• 2 years later...

'No way! I can't believe this!' - Dr. Eggman, Sonic Adventure.

It kind of falls into that, it's so bad it's good category. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

I bet we all can relate. "Game over"  *back to level 1*

g45lk.jpg

What's worse?

"Data not saved."

Every line of Link's from the Legend of Zelda CDI game. The delivery is beyond stale.

Here's an example of what I mean:

He sounds like he's trying to feign enthusiasm over his role. I can understand not wanting to voice act for this garbage heap (aside from the memes, they're great), but he should have just said "Why would I want to do this?" and just not have done the role instead of... well...

That squirrel invasion was nuts... get it? - Celestine of The Harvest

I swear that line made me cringe when I first heard it.

Also

Literally anything an Orc says when trying to speak Common. Or anything an Orc Peon says in general.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, Celli said:

"Look, ramps! We can use them as ramps!"

I'm actually gonna start saying that when I see ramps now. Also what is that from?

15 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I find the whole original SOTN lines cringeworthy, doesn’t help with the cheesy voice acting :yuck:

This thread is for the worst lines, not the best

• Brohoof 1

I knew I was going to get beaten to Resident Evil, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and even classic Nintendo games. :bedeyes: Still, some lines from those glories people didn't bring up yet...

"It's a weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things!" - Barry Burton AKA the best character in all of video game history

I know it comes from a bad translation, the logic behind it is that he's referring to enemies who aren't undead zombies...but the wording is still priceless. :laugh: Just like this line from Symphony...

"But young master, I can not aid one who opposes the master!"

Spoiler

Can't make fun of that line any better than that animation did. And of course, this gem from Ghostbusters on NES, the best game of all time...

hqdefault.jpg

Pure poetry. :fluttershy: Almost as good as THIS STORY IS HAPPY END.

hqdefault.jpg

On 8/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, This Whomps said:

“I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIiiiIIIiiiGHT!!!!”

FLOCK OFF FEATHERFACE

DMC1 may not have the same rich corniness as RE1, but the small bits of gold we got from it are still invaluable. :squee:

I have a few.

”I’m the ****ing Ubiverse!” -Alone in the Dark.

When you hear “Nice of the Princess to invite us over for a picnic, Eh, Luigi?” You know you’re in for a ride.

“I’m gonna make you pay for what the Scots did to cuisine.” -that Simpson’s wrestler game 

15 hours ago, This Whomps said:

This thread is for the worst lines, not the best

I still think they’re rather silly :fluttershy:

Back to Castlevania, we have this

Castlevania2_c205.png

On 8/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, Cash In said:

'No way! I can't believe this!' - Dr. Eggman, Sonic Adventure.

It kind of falls into that, it's so bad it's good category. 

At least it isn’t “You know what they say, the more, the merrier”

“Look at all those Eggman’s robots!” - Tails failing at grammar in Sonic Heroes.

”Enemies everywhere!” “Go go go!” “I will destroy you!” - These three lines are repeated endlessly by every random enemy in the original Mass Effect.

”Enemies Everywhere” has always confused me, as you only have two team-mates throughout the game and the enemies invariably outnumber you considerably :mlp_confused: