Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

Say what you will of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, but it's music at least is perfectly capable of eargasms.

• Brohoof 2

Just gotta go with Final Fantasy IX soundtrack.

Deaaaaaaar gooooooooood yeeeeeeees. Cannot doubt that.

Say what you will of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, but it's music at least is perfectly capable of eargasms.

This is pretty much the only reason I am still a Sonic fan. They ALWAYS have amazing music.

(edited)

I have a lot of favorites; they range from the Sonic the Hedgehog series to Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. One of the most underrated soundtracks, in my honest opinion, is the Portal soundtrack. I'm referring to the first game in this case. Setting aside "Still Alive", an excellent song which became overexposed along with other Portal related memes, the rest of the music is amazingly simple yet haunting and captivating. It almost always leads me to reflect back on The Orange Box's original release when Portal and Team Fortress 2, not to mention Half-Life 2: Episode 2, hit the shelves in October of 2007. How so much has changed in that time, and I find myself wistfully remembering the simplicity and beauty of these games before they became so popular that the novelty either lost some of its shine or was overshadowed by new gameplay features. Alas, little can be done about that now.

Instead of bemoaning the present, here are some of my favorite tracks from Portal.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nocjg2OLI

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDl0RCb13p8&feature=related

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

that is all

I Loooove that song :wub:

Bastion had an amazing soundtrack

I also quite enjoy the soundtracks of Killing floor, Serious Sam 3 BFE and from what I've heard Fighting is magic is gonna have an awesome soundtrack aswell

(edited)

:')

Omg, the memories. I'm dying man, that's way too much nostalgia.

EDIT: Wait I minute, I been listening to some more songs, and I can perfectly recall that the reason I didn't like that game was because all of if damn songs where so damn sad! And they are! They are all sad and make me sad! None of them actually puts you in a happy adventurous mood, damn pokemon gold and your not bright colors with your depressing setting! Pokemon ruby and sapphire were so much better!

Still i believe this is the best game song ever:

Edited by Eenohay

(edited)

Omg, the memories. I'm dying man, that's way too much nostalgia.

EDIT: Wait I minute, I been listening to some more songs, and I can perfectly recall that the reason I didn't like that game was because all of if damn songs where so damn sad! And they are! They are all sad and make me sad! None of them actually puts you in a happy adventurous mood, damn pokemon gold and your not bright colors with your depressing setting! Pokemon ruby and sapphire were so much better!

Whaaaat Pokémon Crystal is awesome! And the music. I love the kinda sad feeling they give.

OFFTOPIC

IMO:

1. FireRed/LeafGreen

2. Gold/Silver/Crystal

3. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

4. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Edited by Jokuc

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing like SMB, one of the more infuriating games out there. This is my favorite track from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kf7ycHajX4

This one reminds me of Pinkie Pie for some reason. The electro vibe it just makes that pink bundle of fun pop up in my head :) . Especially the 0:59 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbf4zeyAXhw&feature=related

Edited by akimBrony

Portal 2's is the best I've heard. Normally I bash techno because it has little emotion. This is the one exception. You can feel what the artists are conveying.

Don't get me started on Exile Vilify.

Katamari Damacy's was funny and upbeat, I really liked that. Pokemon will always have a place in my heart, those chiptunes were just wonderful.

Endless Ocean (both games) was great. I freaking loved Celtic Woman in the second.

Edited by Discovery Dream

Nazi zombies from Call of duty music(You know,when you have to find the rocks)

My favorite is "Not Ready to Die" in Call of the Dead. Shame that I didn't play that map a lot just because Juggernog is on the exact other side of the map http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png. Doesn't help that the map is enormous, too.

• Brohoof 1