Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

OMGWTF this thread needs more ZELDA!

(I'm saying this in the theme of Twilight Sparkle's "Necklace, Necklace, Necklace, Shiny Crown thingy...)

This

and THIS. How does anyone forget this.

EDIT: I could only post two vids :( But actually. Anything OoT or Twilight Princess is amazing.

Edited by ynomir50
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet but for me it HAS to be GoW: I-III

http://youtu.be/l1br_h51dD4

I'm a HUGE fan of Greek mythology and I've studied it and loved it long before the game

but when it was introduced i thought all the facts would be wrong and the story line kind of satire.

I was pleased with the game overall the story line and graphics together, but it's the music

i think that brought it all together, It's so heavy and dramatic it really gets you on the edge of your

seat while your playing,even the choir is intense! I'd highly recommend anyone to listen

to the soundtracks if your a huge metal/industrial fan. :wub:

• 1 month later...

I completely heart the World Ends With You soundtrack and all of the Ace Attorney series. The orchestra album is gorgeous.

Slightly unrelated but sort of in the same boat - there is a great series of Daft Punk music rehashed in 8-bit format. It's really good music for cleaning the house and personally very nostalgic.

My favorite video game soundtrack of all time is:

Sonic Generations.

It took a lot of previously awesome songs and made them absolutely amazing. C'mon, Classic City Escape anyone:

No words can describe this track. Greatest video game song ever.

• Brohoof 2

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross

Secret of Evermore

Secret of Mana

Mega Man X (all games)

Halo (all games)

Legend of Zelda (all games)

Silent Hill (all games)

Blaster Master

Elderscrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim)

Star Ocean: The Second Story

Lufia 1 & 2

(edited)

To date, I love the Daytona USA OST soundtracks, even the Dreamcast version and the second version of the game, which is only from the arcade. The songs were really awesome, especially with the "ROOOOLLLIIINNGGGG STAAAAAART!!!"! :D

Edited by Jon the VGNerd

Sonic Generations. 'Nuff said.

Well... that, and the soundtrack for SSX3.

I also quite like all the music from each of the Jak games...

so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Castlevania always has and always will have some of the best game tracks I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Every single track just has that special something y'know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A game which I believe is honestly, overlooked. Goemon's Great Adventure or Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon in Europe for the N64

Imagine if Konami made their 2D games like Contra/Castlevania but instead it was all Japanese folklore with silly and over the top characters ranging from a blue afro haired ninja, to a fat ninja, a mermaid ninja, and a robot ninja

This music appears when you fight the various Robot boss battles

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxafn1dF-cE[/media]

And this one appears in one of the very first stages, a burning castle. Very fun x3

Edited by Silver Boulder