Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you often feel yourself being socially awesome?

Invincible

Keep by myself. I try not to raise my voice when I talk. Keep conversations at a minimum. Wonder off an do my own thing. Cause what most people are doing or like doesn't interest me. That and people talking to me always catches me off guard. I don't knwo what to say most of the time. And I don't want to be rude. So I go though the motions. 

Most of the time, I'm just not a talkative person and will stumble and mutter when asked something. 

Do I often feel like I'm being socially awesome?

First of all, what's that social you speak of; and second of all I'm not awesome at all 

Nah but seriously I feel like since I'm really distant to everyone and even the people I'm the closest to I can't really say anything because like sometimes I feel happy with my "social" interactions. I also have kind of like a lack of a speaking problem? I mean I'm extremely shy when it comes to talking in general, and I've been told that I should really try to calm down when talking to some persons because I have that thing of like where I'd rush up my sentence just to be done talking because I'd feel really awkward speaking for a long time... so yeah that's that

But hopefully I'll make up some friends and manage to burst that lack of confidence bubble I put myself in, because it really bugs me to be like that, even more when it happens to people I just got to know.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I prefer the spotlights and I always have - way more fun and entertaining than anything else. Besides, it strengthens my gift of the gap.

Edited by Guest

I'm usually a very quiet person, but that's only until you start talking about a topic I'm interested in. Once we are talking about something pertinent to my interests i'm a veritable social butterfly. If its sports or cars or something like that though, I'm afraid I've already checked out of the convo. I'll even tell the person I can't get into a conversation like that.

I guess you could say I'm selectively social.  

Never!  :please:  I'm the exact opposite of being awesome at social stuff. I'm silent and people sometimes forget about my existence. That quite sums it up.

• 3 years later...

I am such a complicated person. :ButtercupLaugh: I am very social and outgoing yet at the same time I can be a little bashful. I will admit...I have an ego the size of a whale (as Rainbow Dash has said lol) and I wouldn't say I thrive on attention but I do love getting my ego stroked haha. So seeking acceptance from people is something I tend to do I guess? I don't know. My social esteem is at it's highest when I'm around people I know. 

• Brohoof 1

Nuh uh, people are my weakness lol. I really do struggle talking to anyone, even if they're close friends

I do you know mostly keep to myself, so I don't really actively go to the spotlight. Should I be I don't know I've been called a wallflower so I don't know if I am socially awesome as such haha.

• Brohoof 1

I never think of myself as being socially awesome, which makes it strange that I always seem to gravitate toward people I meet in public and just start chatting them up at random. I don't go out of my way to make lifelong friends with them all, I just start yammering by instinct. Probably kind of annoying to people. 

If they glare at me or brandish weapons I usually stop.  

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I never think of myself as being socially awesome, which makes it strange that I always seem to gravitate toward people I meet in public and just start chatting them up at random. I don't go out of my way to make lifelong friends with them all, I just start yammering by instinct. Probably kind of annoying to people. 

If they glare at me or brandish weapons I usually stop.  

You're super, over the top awesome, Dreamy. :wub:

• 1 year later...

I'm definitely not awesome in it, but also not bad. I'm friendly and someone people can talk with. But I also need to time to get to know someone before I really open up.

I'm kinda in the middle with my preferences. I do need my alone time but I also like to have some people I can interact with.

• Brohoof 1