Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you miss the mane 6 being counted on to save the day?

Slashy

Rather than Twilight and Spike as it appears to be since Season 3 started.

I mean we did have the Cutie Map, but that could have become a Twilight and Spike adventure if Spike tagged along.

Me? Heck no, I absolutely love Twilight and Spike and I feel their team dynamic is better than the mane6 where usually two characters get shafted, or it doesn't make sense for some characters to be joining in on the adventure.

It just makes sense to have the designated hero of Equestria and the wannabe hero of Equestria teaming up to save the day.

Definitely not. Having to count on the same heroes over and over again makes Equestria seem completely helpless and beholden to a select few exceptional individuals. There'd be no point in having any other characters around if that was the case.

I like to see other characters find their inner strengths and struggle through more than the Mane 6 had experienced before they became heroes. Having the same characters do it over and over again also limits tension and the amount of stories you can do with it. Passing the hero card around is the best thing they can do to stay fresh.

• Brohoof 3

Definitely not. Having to count on the same heroes over and over again makes Equestria seem completely helpless and beholden to a select few exceptional individuals. There'd be no point in having any other characters around if that was the case.

I like to see other characters find their inner strengths and struggle through more than the Mane 6 had experienced before they became heroes. Having the same characters do it over and over again also limits tension and the amount of stories you can do with it. Passing the hero card around is the best thing they can do to stay fresh.

I dunno, it would be nice to see Twilight and her friends save the day again every now and then.

• Brohoof 1

Uhh it is still the same characters, just rather than having most of them there to power a magical laser beam, we are only picking the two that usually have the time and ability to pull it off.

Nope. I wanna see Derpy save the day. Make it look like an accident that caused the situation, but having enough foresight to have that same accident be what later saves everyone from disaster

Genius

Yea kinda, I miss the old mane six, ever since this map came along, the mane six have been venturing off in groups of two. Why can't every episode be like episode 2 of season 1? xD

I don't relatively miss them saving the day from time to time like they used to do all the time. It's better to have them travel in a group of two or have someone else save the day.

I'm feeling that maybe the mane 6 would like some breaks from time to time and solving little issues by pairs instead. If some real "bad guy" comes around I'm pretty sure the 6 will be there.

• Brohoof 1

YES. The fact that its basically a giant twilight sparkle power hour for premiers and two parters now to the point where people point out how EXTRAORDINARY it is when they have all six used in a plot is one of the things that pisses me off the most about how things have gone with the show.
That's not something that should be oohed and awed over like its amazing: That's what should be EXPECTED.

• Brohoof 2

Have they stopped? Tirek was taken down by all of them as the result of a season's worth of self-discovery for each of them, plus Discord.

To actually answer the question, I would say yes and no. Yes I do like to see the Mane Six working together like a team, but no I like that it's not just a single route formula repeated ad nauseam.

Uhh it is still the same characters, just rather than having most of them there to power a magical laser beam, we are only picking the two that usually have the time and ability to pull it off.

YOu got a point there. I mean Twilight does get top billing for saving the day. I mean Twilight saved her freinds so they could stop discord and she got top billing, uh Tirek, well Twlight saved the day there wile the others were here sidekicks.  I never very often they all save the day is it?

On the contrary, I'd like to see other ponies save the day, like in the Season 5 & 6 premiere. It was fresh to see someone else be the hero. :P

Of course, since the Mane 6 are the protagonists of the show, it makes sense that they get to save the day most of the time.

I don't miss it much. I love all of the mane 6, I do, but with the focus being on Twilight and Spike in these types of grand scale episodes, it gives them much more focus in general. Plus, it seems when the focus goes off of the mane 6, it gives other characters more time to shine. Like Sunburst. <3

Given how the mane five have been rendered utterly worthless in the last two two-parters in a row, so much so that they may as well have not even been there at all, yes I do. 

That said, I would have absolutely no complaints whatsoever if Celestia and Luna saved the day in a two-parter rather than being rendered useless and helpless. 

Edited by Cleverclover

I miss the Mane 6 having relevance to the plot.  Return of Harmony is the best two-parter the show has ever aired and part of the reason behind that is that ALL of the Mane 6 are players in it.  From A Canterlot Wedding onwards, the Mane 6 have no role whatsoever to play in the two-parters, sans The Cutie Map and that one was really only Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.  These our our
Mane characters, they should be active and doing something to help save the day, not just sitting around on the sidelines while Twilight gets everything done. Now I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't mind that they give focus to Twilight on two-parters but I hate it when they make the entire episode dedicated SOLELY to her.  It's part of the reason I like the last two EQG films a lot, they are a lot more of an ensemble piece. Yes they are focused around Sunset Shimmer, but each of the Humane 5 have a role and participate in the action.  If you removed them from the EQG films, the story can't happen. With the two-parters nowadays you can remove the Mane 6 sans Twilight and nothing would change at all and that really shouldn't be a case with your mane characters. 

• Brohoof 3

I guess a bit, but not that much. And from an in universe standpoint, without the Elements of Harmony and with Rainbow Power not being something you can activate on command as far as I know, it makes much more sense for an incredibly magically powerful alicorn to be saving Equestria than the entire Mane 6.

Edited by NeonCobalt

Nope. I wanna see Derpy save the day. Make it look like an accident that caused the situation, but having enough foresight to have that same accident be what later saves everyone from disaster

Genius

That honestly sounds awful. I hate the idea of giving Derpy more importance than she deserves. She's an unfunny background gag, and nothing more.

Also, I'd rather see a mane 6 pony who isn't Twilight save the day on her own. Maybe Rainbow Dash or Applejack, or even Rarity, who'd be a good unlikely hero.

Edited by bluseymoe

Not necessarily.

However I do miss the spectacle that went into the premieres and finales that were written by MCcarthy.\

Twilight's Kingdom was the last 2 part episode that I highly enjoyed.

I thought the Cutie Map was good but not great (and not something I felt the very long hiatus between season 4's end and season 5's premier was worth it), I enjoyed the Cutie-Remark, but Starlight's reformation ending up leaving a bad taste, and The Crystaling was somewhere between okay and good.