Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What foods do you like hot sauce with?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I could be making this thread because I am hungry, but I am also curious, so it isn't JUST that. :P I recently tried some hot sauce with chicken and dumplings. Yeah, random, I know, but I was curious. Not the best combination I have to say. It is alright if you don't use a whole lot but overall it is not a great mix. Of course though ,any kind of fried chicken is absolutely delicious with hot sauce to me.

So I wonder, what foods do YOU like to have a savory hot sauce with? :3 I also figured out that pizza is another wonderful pallet for hot sauce indulgentment.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There are many types of hot sauce that I enjoy. It depends on the food, but I prefer Sriracha, Tabasco, and Valentina.

For the Sriracha

-omelette

-burritos

-chicken sandwich

Tabasco

-Potatoes

-Shepherd's Pie

-scrambled eggs

Valentina

-Ramen noodles

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 2

I like it on almost everything. Eggs are good because of the many combos you can make (add a just a dash of cumin as well).

It also goes good on chicken salad, potato salad, soup, sandwiches (not PB&J) and in any tomato-based drink. V8 too.  :P  

• Brohoof 2

I'll try any savoury food with hot sauce at least once. Probably more than once...definitely more than once. The only time I won't is when it doesn't suit the flavour profile, because as much as I love the heat I won't let it muck up a good blend of flavours.

That said, even the food snob in me oft embraces the philosophy of "add chilli flakes to everything." That includes a lot of desserts, too! Brownies, chocolate cake, hot chocolate...anything chocolate just pairs so well with chilli flakes.

♥chilli flakes♥

• Brohoof 1

It'd probably be easier to go over what I don't use it on.

-Ice Cream, only because I haven't found an ice cream it pairs with.

-Foods I don't eat.

- Most bread based snacks

-Popcorn

-Candies

Generally I tend to use it on pretty much anything. Hot Sauce is awesome. Especially Frank's Red Hot. Stuff tastes good.

• Brohoof 1

I put regular hot sauce on popcorn.

And my family eats chicken patties almost weekly...And each time I put honey mustard and sriracha and it is delish.

And I can't eat a hot dog without hot sauce.

Hot sauce either makes some foods better or too spicy to enjoy. However, I use hot sauce on buritos, tacos and Pho. With the right spiciness, it satisfies me.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...