Did you like the episode?  

186 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it; period. -_-
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was total meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • THAT WAS A RIP-ROARING GOOD SHOW!! <3

Man, you just had to tempt fate like that. Now look what we got! Prune-face Rarity! I hope you're happy. :okiedokieloki:

At least we got Rarity saying Mid-Atlantic 'schedule'. Also, RD got over her fear of ponies touching her hooves!

• Brohoof 3

I enjoyed this episode. The moral's one I can agree with wholeheartedly, and I liked that we even got a nice bit of characterization for Rainbow thrown into the mix. Plus, we got a lot of good interactions between Rarity and Applejack. Leave it to Applejack to have the answer to all her problems staring her in the face. 

My only complaint is we saw very little of Twilight and Spike. I would have liked it better if it switched back and forth to show Twilight doing more and more of the silly things just to feed the pigs, rather than focus solely on Applejack trying to fix the spa's problem. That and the fact that we had the misfortune of encountering Miss Spoiled Rich... who lives up to her name.  

• Brohoof 3

And I thought the missing steam problem was the result of Spike using up the hot water to take a 7-hour bubble bath again. Thank goodness, it was just a leaky pipe.

lol, so I'm not the only one who remembered that.

This episode had some great lessons in it.

1. Beware positive feedback cycles.

2. Remember why you started doing something, so you can stop doing it if the original reason has gone away.

3. Batch processing is usually more efficient than doing things one by one.

The water pipes were an interesting one since there was no explanation of how that came about. But it seems most likely that originally there wasn't enough water pressure to get them to spray a decent distance from the pipes all at once. So most likely the Ponyville water department has added a water tower to boost the whole town's pressure since then, and Applejack didn't notice that it eliminated her former problem.

• Brohoof 3

This was a nice episode. We see how Applejack unknowingly made work on her chores much harder on herself because of problems she had already fixed in the past, but felt that they could happen again, and solved a similar problem at the Ponyville Spa when the situation with the hot water and steam made work for Aloe and the other spa pony workers that much harder on themselves. Plus, it was nice to see appearances from Rainbow Dash and Spoiled Rich as well.

Very good episode, and I give it a 9.5/10.

This episode put me straight to sleep. I'll have to watch it again later after having a double mocha frappe to fill in the parts I missed. Not impressed at all this week.

Not the best episode ever, but it does show a lot about Applejack's personality that we don't usually see. The Rainbow Dash parts were the highlight of the episode for me. :P

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow is really embracing her girly side this season.

I've already forgotten the other episodes, what else has happened?

I really appreciate it though.  no reason a person can't be a bit of a tomboy and still like some "girly" things

So Shipping The Episode!:

What I liked: 
Rarijack: SO MUCH SHIPPING! Okay but honestly it was nice for those two to hang out and both were great.
Twilight and Spike: Nice to see them not succeed but not Royally Fuck up either, having a nice middle ground of not really knowing what to do and simply not getting stuff done on time.
Rainbow Dash: especially the end part where she get teased and accepts it, that was nice.

What I didn't like:
Sweet Apple Acres Efficiency: Really? The entire Apple family couldn't see how wasteful it would be turning on the irrigation one at a time? Or that they just needed to feed the pigs? And here I thought Applejack was the groups common sense pony.

What was meh:
The Stakes: Not much is at stake here. Rarity and Applejack don't get some spa time and Twilight has some minor problems following Applejack's instructions. Not much else and not a whole lot to keep someone invested in the plot.
Non continuity: Since when was it Rarity and Applejack that have spa dates? It was Fluttershy and Rarity who had those.

No Fluttershy: Applejack if you're so busy and need help with your animals, why don't you call the animal expert who also has chickens and pigs? 

So a rather low key episode, not all that memorable but I did enjoy it.  Probably the Made in Manehatten of this season.

• Brohoof 2

The water pipes were an interesting one since there was no explanation of how that came about. But it seems most likely that originally there wasn't enough water pressure to get them to spray a decent distance from the pipes all at once. So most likely the Ponyville water department has added a water tower to boost the whole town's pressure since then, and Applejack didn't notice that it eliminated her former problem.

She probably added all those valves to her irrigation system after Spike destroyed the old water tower and forgot about them after it was replaced! 

• Brohoof 1

When I think about it ... having a second set of eyes look over your work was something I never considered a 'friendship lesson'.

My Little Pony: Time Management is Magic

• Brohoof 9

What I didn't like:

Sweet Apple Acres Efficiency: Really? The entire Apple family couldn't see how wasteful it would be turning on the irrigation one at a time? Or that they just needed to feed the pigs? And here I thought Applejack was the groups common sense pony.

So, this episode was full of hyperbole, but it was completely realistic in theme.  lots of people do that sort of silly stuff to a milder degree.  

• Brohoof 2

2 out of 5.

This episode didn't really entertain me, in fact I found things more to nitpick about then enjoy. The comment Twilight made about not realizing how busy Applejack gets bugged me. Of course she's busy all the time, she runs a farm with her family. I was also bugged at how simple the writers made the ponies of Ponyville in this episode. The steam room isn't working so they all just stood around in line anyway letting the problem sit there? I also felt this episode pushed the lesson it was trying to convey right in the audience's faces. It wasn't as hidden.

As a bonus, I didn't spot Coco Crusoe this time.

So this was an alright episode, but not a fantastic one either...

It had it's moment, like at the spa with A.J. and Rarity when mainly Applejack investigated the whole problem, that was the most interesting part for me thus far.

But I just don't understand the end that much aside from the moral I'd say.

And Rainbow Dash maybe made some of the humour, but you know not that much shined in this one for me.

So yeah, nothing really stood out in this one, maybe I'll need to rewatch it soon to say something really clever about it.

TL;DR: Alright episode with only Applejack, the moral and R.D.'s humour making this one at least talk for itself, aside from that nothing really made this one worth it.

Rating: 7/10

• Brohoof 1

It's not an episode that had any real flaws. But it's certainly not the most exciting one. It reminded me a bit like a middle of the road Season 1 episode. Very safe, not too risky and just fine.

Best part of the episode for me, was RDs subplot about going to the spa. I know what it's like to be caught in something, that is considered kinda girlish, so that was very nice.

Would've liked to see more from Twilights working day. But she took the lesson from S1 to heart that she got from AJ. No Magic and just doing it the earth pony way.

The Moral was also very good. Alot of people go into routines, that are absolutely pointless and just do it because it's what they know. If you learn a different way, you can probably save so much time.

But again, everything just seems a bit underwhelming. It's a good episode, but not a great one.

• Brohoof 4

2 out of 5.

This episode didn't really entertain me, in fact I found things more to nitpick about then enjoy. The comment Twilight made about not realizing how busy Applejack gets bugged me. Of course she's busy all the time, she runs a farm with her family. I was also bugged at how simple the writers made the ponies of Ponyville in this episode. The steam room isn't working so they all just stood around in line anyway letting the problem sit there? I also felt this episode pushed the lesson it was trying to convey right in the audience's faces. It wasn't as hidden.

As a bonus, I didn't spot Coco Crusoe this time.

I think that was a comparative statement that Twighlight made. You normally don't comment on something you are used to seeing (I sense a theme). So ... Twilight was likely lamenting how much busier AJ has been lately.

• Brohoof 2

When I think about it ... having a second set of eyes look over your work was something I never considered a 'friendship lesson'.

My Little Pony: Time Management is Magic

Honestly, this episode kinda hits close to home for me, and I really need to watch it fully when I am not being interrupted 9 times out of 19. ^^;;

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, this episode kinda hits close to home for me, and I really need to watch it fully when I am not being interrupted 9 times out of 19. ^^;;

Oh I absolutely love the moral, don't get me wrong. My wife and I tend to ask each other for opinions on stuff we do all the time. Second set of eyes has saved me loads of headache.

AJ had the two best characters there to analyze what she was doing wrong in Twi and Rarity. Another business owner and the efficiency goddess. Good choice of character selection for the episode.

Go show for giving Mr. Cake some 'him' time!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

So I thought this was an OK episode. The message was good.

-Fresh outside input can be helpful.

-Once in a while evaluate how/why you do things the way you do. There may be better ways to do things.

Also, Cheese Sandwich should have been a pony in line for the steam room. When Applejack was looking over the leaky pipe, He could have walked up and said "You know, I could probably fix this, but I'll have to take a trip to the Hardware Store..." :squee:

post-24370-0-84505500-1464452771.png

As soon as Applejack said "I'll get my tools" I thought of this. That would have made this episode more memorable.

Someone already Made a video with Weird Al's song with his character. The animation overall isn't the best, but I think that's because most the effort (which I commend) was spent on lip syncing.

https://youtu.be/iG8CZWjmspk

Who else but Weird AL would even think of a song like this? He's one of the closet people in real life to Pinkie. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So this was an alright episode, but not a fantastic one either...

It had it's moment, like at the spa with A.J. and Rarity when mainly Applejack investigated the whole problem, that was the most interesting part for me thus far.

But I just don't understand the end that much aside from the moral I'd say.

And Rainbow Dash maybe made some of the humour, but you know not that much shined in this one for me.

So yeah, nothing really stood out in this one, maybe I'll need to rewatch it soon to say something really clever about it.

TL;DR: Alright episode with only Applejack, the moral and R.D.'s humour making this one at least talk for itself, aside from that nothing really made this one worth it.

Rating: 7/10

Also, I could just add that this one played it really really safe and did not try to "bloom" so it could had been more memorable in some way or another

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

but would also have been majorly distracting from the theme.

Plus a waste of a major guest actor. Cheese's return needs to be a focused element of an episode and not a gag.

I love this episode and AJ was awesome! The way she fixed the spa and her know how really shines on her personality.

Sure does. Not bad for the hard-working Element of Honesty in this episode.

• Brohoof 1

That was the single most stunningly terrible episode of the series. It was literally 20 minutes of 1st act conflict set up, no 2nd act, no 3rd act, and jumped to 2 minutes of resolution. I've actually had dreams in the past of watching a terrible episode and then complaining about it, and I can't believe I'm living it now. 

1/10 for cute Dashie scenes.

• Brohoof 2