Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the strangest icecream you have tried?

Lil Pip

I tried some cotton candy icecream recently, and it had pop-rocks in it! It smells like cotton candy it tastes like it its texture is like it and it looks like it (blue and pink) its great. Not as creamy as chocolate icecream but the creaminess still exists, if anything its less creamy from just the cotton candy texture being slightly syrupy and self-adhesive. It was great anyways, not the tastiest icecream but unique and smells like the real deal too and the pop rocks were a heavenly surprise. Well imo lol.

Any unique flavors you guys have tried?

Where I live they have children icecream called smurfen icecream. not sure if everyone knows what they are but they are little blue dwarf like creatures that live in mushrooms in the forest

post-33449-0-23103500-1464360832.jpg

the icecream itself was just blue and tasted like gumballs but it was a rather strange name for a strange icecream.

Banana flavoured. I love banana milkshake, so I thought I'd like the ice cream too. However, it tastes very strange. It's hard to explain, but the consistency just doesn't suit it.

The most odd flavor of ice cream I have ever tried was green tea ice cream. And it was so good. I absolutely loved it! Ever since I had the opportunity to try it at a Japanese restaurant, I always look for places to purchase. However, that is easier said than done because it is a rather rare flavor. I did manage to find it at a store, though.

:grin:

post-14906-0-40384300-1464395045_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I've had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Ice Cream before. I vaguely remember it tasting more like a wad of peanut butter rather than a Reese's cup. 

Also, I'd like to mention that Cotton Candy is my all time favorite ice cream flavor. And I'm not even a fan of actual cotton candy!

Peanut Butter. I don't even like peanut butter so why I brought it is beyond me. I guess I got it cos its not something you see everyday.

Lobster ... had it the first time my wife took dragged me to Maine to meet her extended family. 

It wasn't horrible.  :rarity:

Black Walnut Ice Cream, it was pretty bad. Aside from onion flavored ice cream (it's a long story xD) it's the only ice cream flavor I've had that I couldn't stand.

• Brohoof 2

My dad had an ice cream machine when I was younger and we used to love making different flavours. (:

My favourite (and the one I'm told is most odd) was chocolate chilli with sea salt and caramel. It was divine. ♥

Lobster ... had it the first time my wife took dragged me to Maine to meet her extended family. 

It wasn't horrible.  :rarity:

I need to try lobster ice cream. That could really work...like a sweeter, cold chowder? Hehe.

• Brohoof 1

LotusPeony, on 27 May 2016 - 6:28 PM, said:

rainbow sherbet. it tasted weird

technically its closer to Italian ice than icecream sherbet doesn't have dairy, as far as I know.

For me it would have to be Mint ice cream. It looks like green tea at some stores that serve ice cream, but the one I tried was a light shade of green.

The first time tasting it, the flavors wasn't as bad, but then the minty aftertaste kicked in and made me think that I was eating toothpaste. Though, I still ate it all to be polite.

Green Tea ice cream was my second weirdest, but after a while I got used to the flavor and had become my favorite ice cream flavor ever since.

Buckeye ice cream I guess?

I usually just go for the regular chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry so I haven't experimented much.

• 3 years later...
On 5/27/2016 at 6:20 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

The most odd flavor of ice cream I have ever tried was green tea ice cream. And it was so good. I absolutely loved it! Ever since I had the opportunity to try it at a Japanese restaurant, I always look for places to purchase. However, that is easier said than done because it is a rather rare flavor. I did manage to find it at a store, though.

:grin:

post-14906-0-40384300-1464395045_thumb.jpg

You Probably knows this already since this is like 3 years ago, but I know H-mart or any Asia supermarket sells a carton of Green Tea ice cream!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TBD said:

You Probably knows this already since this is like 3 years ago, but I know H-mart or any Asia supermarket sells a carton of Green Tea ice cream!

I actually found a Japanese market an hour away from me that sells authentic green tea ice cream. I had it last year and I was so happy that I almost cried lol 

5 minutes ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

I actually found a Japanese market an hour away from me that sells authentic green tea ice cream. I had it last year and I was so happy that I almost cried lol 

Sweet! Asian markets has everything of unknown flavors ^_^ even Taro and red beans. They can make any veggie/beans a treat!