Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do we really need to be taking selfies behind the wheel?

ManaMinori

Texting while driving is stupid, but selfieying while driving is just wtf. Why do we need to do this? What is the point of a photoshoot behind the wheel? Are we that desperate to constantly be center of attention that we need cameras in our face, and putting other people's lives in danger?

If you can't focus on the road, why even get in the car?

Thoughts on texting behind the wheel?

Thoughts on selfies behind the wheel?

• Brohoof 1

I could see the point of behind the wheel selfies, if the car isn't moving. People who do this behind the wheel while the vehicle is in motion, they really, really confuse me. I can't see any sort of benefit of doing it that way, so, why?

I feel mostly the same about texting when driving, though at the very, very least that has some kind of a point, that being communication, but I really don't think one should do that while driving, unless an emergency is happening but by then, whyyyy not just call?

• Brohoof 2

I just find it stupid. It's not fair that they are putting others lives in danger just to take a little selfie that can easily wait until after you get away from the car. 

:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

It's still illegal to take selfies while driving as it is to text while driving.

I find it really dumb. Is taking a picture of yourself really that important? Why would you risk your life and others for something that can be done anywhere else?

Same with texting. Why on earth would you risk a wreck to send someone "lol hi" or something. If something serious is going on, call them. Otherwise, wait.

• Brohoof 1

It's stupid and illegal (in most places, I believe). Taking your attention off the road for a split second could cause an accident, that either kills/injures the driver taking the selfie, or those around them, if not both. I've heard of countless (and preventable) accidents happening on the road because some moron decided it was smart to take a selfie while the car was moving. Honestly, I wish people would at least wait for the car to stop moving at a red light, or just not do it at all.

• Brohoof 1

Of course we don't need to be taking selfies behind the wheel. And of course, taking photos of yourself while driving is dangerous. I have seen quite a few people taking photos of themselves while driving. (Normally, i'll see them behind me in my side mirrors) The reason people do this is because they probably believe nothing bad could ever result from it. They believe that they are careful enough and their reflexes are fast enough to react should they have to suddenly veer or brake. 

• Brohoof 1

I think most times when people take selfies is pointless but in a car, mostly if it's moving is like you want to crash or something. If they want to continue, be my guest. But just leave me out of the way of it.

(edited)

To be honest I don't see the big deal of selfies especially when it comes to people taking selfies with animals people seem to put themselves and others plus animals in danger just to get that right selfie of themselves now I am not downing anybody who takes selfies responsibly, but to me I just don't see the big deal behind them and all I have read is how people have been attacked or died while taking a selfie so is it really worth it? 

Edited by chaosprincess

If autonomous cars can come here any sooner...

Taking edgy or crazy selfies has already claimed a number of lives and adding a 2+ ton ballistic "missile" even on that is a more horrible to way to hurt yourself and/or others.

Wait....is this a real thing? Are people really stupid enough to take selfies while they are driving? That has no purpose to it, at all. If you need to text or whatever the least you can do is pull to the side of the road. Life is short, do you really need to make it five times shorter doing stupid shit?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you aren't actually driving I don't see the problem but doing it whilst driving is f*cking stupid.

LOL I remember uploading a photo of me in the passenger's seat of my boyfriend's car and I had SO many American's calling me stupid because they thought I was in the driver's seat. No, we just drive on the other side of the road in Britain.

Edited by Kayleigh

(edited)

People who install an interior-facing camera are fine.

But in British Columbia, driving while using an electronic device that isn't hands-free is illegal and punishable by stiff fines and penalties against your driving record. This still applies even if you're not in motion, like at stop signs or traffic signals.

Edited by Blue

• 3 years later...