Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do we really need to be taking selfies behind the wheel?

ManaMinori

Texting while driving is just stupid. Talking on the phone while holding it (while driving) is illegal, but not as dangerous on a highway or if the car has automatic transmission (so one hand is free anyway), but texting requires you to look at the phone (especially with the touch phones).

While I still do not see the point of selfies (behind the wheel or not), doing that while driving is also stupid in my opinion. On one hand it probably is a bit less dangerous, but on the other I can at least understand reading a text to find out if it's something urgent.

All of that is illegal in my country (the law bans doing "anything unrelated to driving while driving" or something like that).

I don't know actually usually when driving and I want to talk to someone I just call them. Though as I drive a loud Subaru I've had to sometimes just say message at home you know.

Yet to answer the OP no we don't and no we should not. Messaging behind the wheel or taking selfies is going to either get you or someone else killed.

While driving? What idiot would do that! :blink: I mean sure I snap the occasional selfie while sitting behind the wheel, while I’m PARKED. :ButtercupLaugh: But while driving?! 

• Brohoof 1

I don't take selfies even when i'm home, let alone driving. I don't like to share my image and I sure don't want to put my life and the lives of others at risk so I can say, "Hey, check out my awkward, crooked smile, and I've got a chive in my tooth too! Yay me!" 

• 2 weeks later...

The only acceptable time to do such a thing is if your car is parked and off on the side of the road or not out of your driveway yet. If you do it then I couldn’t care less if you also do your makeup or have a text.

Yesterday on my way home a lady was going ridiculously slowly on the highway so I go around her.

She is paying no attention to the road and all the attention to her phone. 

Don’t fiddle with your phone while driving. A guy my dad worked with was texting and driving. They found his phone in his hand. They found his head in the backseat.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow I didn’t know people were taking selfie’s while driving. There’s no way I could even do that. Like.....just pull your car over someplace if you need to take a picture of yourself that badly

• Brohoof 1

if you're doing this rn, carefully turn off of the road and away from people, and into a river

On 2020-05-04 at 6:01 PM, Yoshi89 said:

No, but you unfortunately can't fix stupid.

*cocks gun* I think you can