Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish FiM were as popular as Pokemon?

ManaMinori

Pokemon Go has been all over the news for weeks. You can't walk into a store without seeing something Pokemon, while FiM seems to be diminishing in media and marketing. Does anyone wish pony were just as popular as Pokemon?

What cons would come with the constant spotlight? (If any)

Honestly; no. Really, what's the point in wish for FiM to be as popular as Pokémon or any other franchise? Really, I'm happy with where FiM is at. It doesn't really need what Pokémon has. :)

• Brohoof 6

Honestly, the bigger a fandom is the more types of people it attracts, which is both a good and bad thing. That said, I like the fandom as it is currently. I'd classify it as a medium-sized community that's sizeable enough while also remaining fairly close-knit and accepting. A much more massive fandom could still be as warm and welcoming, but its sheer size often means less harmony and more need for moderation in various forums. Of course, I'd probably be up to the challenge for the latter.

• Brohoof 2

I'm fine with how we are now, but I wouldn't mind if FIM became as popular as Pokemon. So long as the show doesn't become a case of quantity over quality, I'm all for a larger fanbase and extended lifespan.

No. Just no. An infinitely times no. MLP is something that many people in this world would accept, and to accept what? Pokemon is a game but MLP is a show. No need to make MLP a bigger thing.

I'm saying this as I love the fandom like a home I love to be in. If it gets big, it'll attract more disasters. Murders and such much likely cause many just hate the show of their own beliefs. It's better let it be a popular show that Hasbro has to show

No not at all, then it would be a normal thing and I like how being a brony is special, it makes me feel special :) and now most people on these forums and in the fandome are nice people who share the philosophy of the show, that friendship is magic, but if it would be so big then there would be more rotten apples inbetween the fans and they could spoil the whole comunity.

• Brohoof 1

I actually think Pokemon and MLP are equal in popularity. (Usually anyway, Pokemon GO's raised It's notoriety quite a lot, but sadly most of It's players are just setting trends and were never Pokemon fans beforehand, just people who heard how big GO was and started playing. But It's just a fad. All fad's die down eventually.) I really don't see the point in comparing the two, MLP has a large dedicated fanbase of writers, animators, and just bronies in general, plus they have also managed to capture their target demographic. Pokemon is another large franchise with tons of dedicated players of the games, anime viewers, and has a fair amount of the same stuff I mentioned from the MLP fanbase. Point is, I really don't see one being more popular than the other.

Wouldn't really do much, so I don't see the point in worrying about it. Now, you know the sure fire way to make MLP popular with literally everyone? Make a game called 'My Little Pony GO', walking around and find many different ponies from FiM, boom, new people everywhere. XD

• Brohoof 1

if it were all that popular, you wouldn't have as many real fans and it would be flooded with people jumping on the band wagon and "liking" it because its popular. like 2 months ago people called me childish for still having Pokemon video games and cards and now everyone "loves" playing Pokemon.

Yes and no.

Yes, as the show would become more popular and the fandom would become much more accepted. Yes, brony culture is slowly becoming less and less strange, but many people still aren't quite used to it and consider it to be abnormal. If it was more popular, it wouldn't be considered as strange as it currently is.

And no, because of one problem Pokemon Go has: fake fans. Many people playing Pokemon Go are only playing because it's a trend. If MLP was just as popular, we'd also have people pretending to be fans just because it's a trend, which probably wouldn't improve the brony community. One thing that makes this community special is how dedicated we are to the show. If lots of people weren't dedicated like that, there would obviously be some issues.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, let's get so popular that apps are created to invade people's privacy using a shitty GPS system ported from another less popular app that's making people go into places they aren't legally allowed to go into. :P