Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the mane 6 and princesses could bring friendship to our earth?

radiance62

Let's say you go to Equestria via portal, then you tell the mane 6, Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all major conflicts that are currently happening on our earth. Would they be able to solve our problems using their element of harmony and magic of friendship?

Edited by radiance62

No. No I don't. For one thing, they can't even solve all the problems on their world. If they can't handle one entire planet, why give them another? Clearly it would be too much work. Luna has such a masochistic streak that she endangered all of Equestria! Talk about irresponsible.

All that would happen, is they would come to Earth, maybe solve a couple issues, they do after all have magic, and then learn the depressing reality that not everyone can be happy with everyone else. And ultimately, there will be war on this planet until the last sentient beings die.

Or, worst case scenario, they realize that by coming over to another planet that thinks itself alone and knows not the intentions of inter-dimensional beings that they've caused a whole host of new problems. If not a slew of terrorist activities and wars. Simply by showing their heads.

Then they sink into literal and emotional squalor living in the mud until they crawl back to their own kingdoms and stop trying so hard to resist the futility of conflict and Equestria descends into the same madness that our planet is in.

See, the only real difference between our world and theirs, is that they actually have magic, and are naive enough to believe that the power of friendship will solve everything.

Edited by Archangel
  • Brohoof 3

In the long run, no. Humanity would be fascinated by such magical creatures and sure, their ideas would probably excite many of the human race. In the long run though, humanity is too violent, too selfish and too hot headed to reason with, as a whole. Eventually, the ponies owuld leave disappointed. I would then proceed to sneak back with them. Because I be sneaky. :P

• Brohoof 4

The human race doesn't deserve ponies. We're fairly terrible, and all of our greatest achievements came from figuring out how to kill each other more efficiently.

• Brohoof 2

I'm guessing they can't come back with me to Earth, rather advise me on how to solve stuff? Difficult. But why not? Sure, they face a lot of problems in Equestria, but together they have ways of dealing with them. And I'm sure it couldn't hurt to hear them out.

• Brohoof 1

If people would actually listen, then... maybe. But only a few would bother to listen to the ideals of friendship and harmony. Everybody else would go about their business or even try to capture/kill the ponies for the sake of their own selfish desires.

This world is about as well-off as a world ruled by pre-reformation Discord. It would take a hell of a lot of work to influence billions of people to follow the principles that Equestria is founded on. Would it be worth a try? Well, never say "never." But us humans are screwed up enough that it would be unlikely to make a real difference.

In the long run, no. Humanity would be fascinated by such magical creatures and sure, their ideas would probably excite many of the human race. In the long run though, humanity is too violent, too selfish and too hot headed to reason with, as a whole. Eventually, the ponies owuld leave disappointed. I would then proceed to sneak back with them. Because I be sneaky. :P

I would beg them to take me back with them. I believe there are some truly good people in this world, but not enough to sway billions of others to fix all of our problems. Equestria isn't perfect either, but it's far closer to perfection than our world. I'd prefer to spend the rest of my life there.

• Brohoof 1

If Twilight could bring friendship to a high school, than anything's possible. :P

But honestly, they probably couldn't because they already can't fix every single problem in Equestria, let alone the planet the show takes place in, what makes you think they could completely fix an entirely new planet.

Also I am getting a little tired of some of the misanthropy in the fandom

I think they could lessen some of the world's problems, but I think is naive to think they'll just gonna solve them all. Many parts of humanity are too stubborn and evil to really take positive messages for the sake of their own pride and hate. In fact, I expect them to be demonized by these groups 

• Brohoof 2

They could try to talk things out, but no one on Earth ever listens to anything. Or they could simply... "take control" of Earth so they are in a position to force their morals on everyone in hopes of fixing things, but that's not very friendly or peaceful. But if people were willing to listen to one another and try to work things out, they might be able to help somewhat.

• Brohoof 1

No.

There are issues that aren't black and white. What is she supposed to do things like the Kurdish question, ISIS, the crisis in Ukraine, drug wars in the Americas, territorial disputes, North Korea? Many conflicts in the world have logistical and economic roots that can only be solved with changes in governance, and ideology, and some conflicts just don't have a satisfactory solution. People would only follow the elements of harmony (or basic rules like don't kill people) if you FORCE the to follow rules. Some conflicts in the world can only be solved by brute force. Princess Celestia and the Mane Six do not have the means or desire to control a rebellious, sinful, warmongering human population.

However, a pre-S6 Starlight could probably bring harmony to the world, haha.

• Brohoof 2

The ponies could never bring their special brand of friendship to this world because this world has no good script writers or unified vision to make things turn out right in the end. If, as a race of humans, we knew how to play our part and bring about happy endings, friendship and harmony might have a chance, but as it stands, most people need to pay more attention to story design.  :pout:

• Brohoof 2

Where to begin...

If the ponies world was accessable to us, "humanity" would probably plunder (at some point) and worse...

but as for them "helping" us? they already are! thats the messed up part...

i grew up on Fraggle Rock, Jim Henson, and I LOVE MLP:FIM because it is very much like Fraggle Rock!

if you have seen the series then you know, it was about forgiveness, peace and tolerance... there is a lot more to it than that but you don't need me to rant about another TV series...

My point is, look at all the good, and all the bad... because of how "generalized society" views good vs bad, and the reality of them (not saying I know for sure myself...) its "inconceivable"  (Princess Bride) for the whole of humanity to just "become good"...

I could say that humanity is humanity because of its chaotic nature, without it, we would not have most of the drives we have...

we all just need to be patient, and hope the love and wonder of our MLP and FR shows finally starts to have an "effect" beyond people as children.... Bronies may be the first step towards this....

No.

They have no idea how to deal with some of the problems this planet faces. We have the impending energy crisis which is inconveniently coming alongside climate change, caused primarily by our large scale energy production (see the problem among these problems?). We have terrorists to deal with, who have proven themselves beyond hope of reason. We have rising nationalism all over the globe, which every time this has happened it has caused a wave of international problems. We have the clashing ideologies from across the world beating the shit out of each other. We have twin epidemics of starvation and obesity (ask yourselves how we even achieved this). We have over population.

Then there's the issue that humans simply do not get along with each other as easily as the many nations and creatures in their world seemingly do. We've also got to consider all the problems that WILL turn up if they show their faces.

It's simply not possible.

However, a pre-S6 Starlight could probably bring harmony to the world, haha.

As funny as that sounds, she probably could, with a lot of guidance though.

Edited by FluffyGoat13

• 3 weeks later...

How bad must be the situation, for having to convince people to love their own children.

The main problem lies within the foundation of family and society. A deficiency in love for life.

It rejects itself, and thefore hurts itself in other forms, ignorant of realization. Rejected.

Generational trauma has being going on without healing.

The fabric of mind within humanity needs healing.

Our system structure is collapsing, good.

If they tried, only a small few Humans would make it and the project would only be marginally successful. Yes, there are people loyal, honest, kind, fun-loving, and even magical enough to achieve this; I've met them, they do exist, in spite of what the Cynics' Army says, but after the project's completion the ponies would have to either take the converted Humans home with them OR give them a new place to live, inaccessible to all the people on Earth who would then try to control, enslave, or destroy both new parties. Even then, safeguards would be necessary among those who sought a new way, to prevent regression...

Friendship is easy to ruin, takes time to build, and dedication to strengthen.

Our existence can be better, but it isn't as easy as it looks on TV.

I don't know. Real life isn't written like a cartoon script. They will come to give good will but is met against new challenges that don't touch upon their 2D flowing world and script but can be met with multiple challenges and when they resolve something they just think they resolve it and find out it causes more problems. And of course there would be an endless supply of hate and criticism no matter what.