Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think turning into animal would hurt?

Syrus94

Like lets say you really wanted to be a pony, and it would feel abusive or something. Not saying transgenders have those problems, however its sad when i hear some people who have regrets commit suicide. Just wondering if you'd think that would be the case of turning into an animal if lets say some scientists found a way for you to become one with your mind and speech intact in a new host body.

Some would say it would be toying with human life. Other would say its ok if someone wishes it. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

well the most logical way to do so would be via surgery just like getting you gender changed, for which you would be unconscious during the operation, and one hell of an operation it would be.. months of surgery and a super high chance of death
if you where to morph.. into a pony for example... well having your organs skin and bones broken and rearranged.. the pain would probably kill you

but if no physical pain is involved, than im all for it, i want to be a pony :D and i wouldn't give a flying f*** about what other people thought 

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 2

I feel like this topic is laced with all kinds of subtext. :P

Generally speaking the biology is largely the same (depending on the animal) so mostly I think any pains would come from the usage of new muscles you aren't used to having or using. Assuming said muscles didn't come in optimal condition.

I think a better question, that might have an answer already, is if a human brain was successfully transplanted into that of an animal would they still think like a human or would the animal body affect the function of the brain to where they became that animal fully anyway?

• Brohoof 2

I think it'd be uncomfortable but not hurt judging from how healthy a transformation it is. If its through magic it could be all at once then just get used to your body.

Toying with human life? Those sorta people are probably against cloning and stuff too so take it with a grain of salt.

As for the surgery into pony aspect, that is almost surely a way to lead to death as even normal plastic surgeries are hard to balance unless you become a cyborg to reduce fatality instances and appear like a pony in which case you prolly wouldn't feel the same unless its futuristic tech and you have good sensors for touch everywhere.

Another issue is ponies need magic to survive in equestria, physically. Technically speaking some bone regions would undergo alot of force and break easily, others would be too heavy to use to walk, some muscles would be prone to degeneration from constant support of your huge head causing poor posture and pony scoliosis. So if we are talking non-magical a cyborg reinforced way is prolly the way to go with carbon fiber and stuff.

Discordian, on 17 Aug 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

I feel like this topic is laced with all kinds of subtext. :P

Generally speaking the biology is largely the same (depending on the animal) so mostly I think any pains would come from the usage of new muscles you aren't used to having or using. Assuming said muscles didn't come in optimal condition.

I think a better question, that might have an answer already, is if a human brain was successfully transplanted into that of an animal would they still think like a human or would the animal body affect the function of the brain to where they became that animal fully anyway?

Mice get smarter when altered to have human brain cells studies say.

Oh and psychologically speaking of transgenders and stuff, it'd be entirely based on how those around you treat you. Like you could have an accepting family, then the rest of the world hates it, then you can still get negatively impacted throughout your life leading to increased rates of suicide or mental illness. So basically because of western toxicity, which is not eternal, but then you could just try getting a brony town or something then everyone can be chill there, until someone from Isis or something attacks because its sacrilegious or something.

• Brohoof 1

gotta say tho im going to be running around Sydney in a fursuit for 3 days in a months time if the counts XD if it hurts ill let y'all know (im guessing the heat will probably kill me)

I feel it would depend on the process... But with our current technology, I feel it would hurt.... Like... A Lot...

You'd end up looking nothing like a pony... I see it turning into a horror show pretty quickly...

• Brohoof 2

Discordian, on 18 Aug 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:Discordian, on 18 Aug 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Go inflict insanity on yourself? :P

Tulpa get weird internet stories painting it in a bad light but monks have been trying to produce it I am sure its just  amore psychologically ingrained type of imaginary friend. Granted psychological experimentation can be risky those knowledgable about psychology and/or neurology should do fine, the only major issue I see being distractibility due to extra internal dialogue. So it'd have to be more controlled than the community of tulpamancy would like to admit. Depending on approach though it can be unhealthy, but not every approach is. Such as if someone gets the *sarcasm 'Brilliant~' /sarcasm* idea of sensory deprivation or sleep loss induced hallucinations. Aside from those issues it should be perfectly fine but I think spontaneous generation of tulpa on demand then they can be idk leaving you alone for a bit would be good too. They can have their own 'dream land' or something(them actually being offline but say they haven't been, they were productive) until its meditation time before bed for instance. Unless I am assuming too much and it literally requires a different long term cognitive process in which case they could just function in the background anyways rather than fully go away whenever you are busy.

Crescent is right though, you would have to get dem pain killers for days to recover at least your body might even be in shock at that point. (assuming its a massive cyborg cosmetic surgery procedure.)

Edited by Lil Pip

Well if you're depressed then they won't need to change your face because you'll already have a long one...

I swear somebody is going to take that offensively

Using science to turn into an animal? Yeah I'm pretty sure there would be all kinds of pain on that one. Trying to connect the nerve endings of your tailbone to an actual tail for instance would give somewhat unpleasant feelings. You got to think of how much the bones would have to change in order to align towards becoming one.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, a lot. Most of the parts in the body will experience a LOT of forced changes and with that comes a significant amount of pain.

• 4 months later...

Well, any new form is bound to take some getting used to and in that process pain is due. What would be a less drastic example? Say somebody gets a limb, say an arm, blown off for such & such a reason. They spend a couple years without it, it heals over, they sort of get more or less used to not having that hand. Some Doc gives them a prosthetic, it will take a while for them to get used to using it. You think banging that metal rod for a new hand on a doorway someday and feeling it vibrate into their bone doesn't hurt? That the mind wouldn't eventually wander off into some dark corner where they just sit there laying awake about the fact they got metal bolted into their arm? (and no, that's never happened to me, just personal paranoia you understand.) Even were it all to happen quickly without pain, or its been long enough to forget the incident that got you there, its still going to be a bit of a trauma regardless of how well you take the end results. Working a new body is tricky.

Me, I could care less. Pain, no matter how much is temporary and can be forgotten eventually. I'd jump at the chance to leave my species while still alive. If anyone finds some scientist who's looking for a guinea pig for such trans-species experiments I wouldn't hesitate to volunteer. Why I'd even soll my soul to... Well, as long as it seems a reputable business of course, no abandoned warehouse set-up with rusted out surgical implements laying about...

Take the villain known as The Lizard from Spiderman's rouges gallery. I consider that a stroke of good luck on his part. He was right anyhow, only made you stronger, healthier & more resilient. Well...untill he went mad & decided forcing the change on people....yeah, evil, so...there is limits of course.

Hah. "Playing God" I find that to be a silly argument to get upset over. We've been doing that since we domesticated ourselves! Have you not seen what we've done to dogs?! Are they not every bit a mutant now as those X-men we write comics about? Those crops we farm, those cows that would likely explode like ticking time bombs if they hadn't a human farmer to milk or unplug the constant methane fumes they emit would just die off dramatically were we not around to keep them in check! Me growing a sturdy set of scales pales in comparison the the shortened, wheezing lives we've given to those Pug Dogs! (though they still are admittedly cute, just pitifully cute if you ask me.)

Were it wrong, any number of things could have gotten in the way to have stopped it! Even if some scientist manages to turn himself into some sentient ooze creature (man that was a weird fanfic...) then we'd all have enough common sense to just steer away from that particular course of study!

Is it painful? Heckayes, nature tends to be. Even unnatural nature.

Unless you're talking about some magical transformation, or some sort of advanced ability to change shapes along with the user's experience of new shapes, I guess if you drastically changed your body, it would take a great amount of time getting used to it. Consider something as extreme as being changed from a human to a pony;

1) You would have to change your skeletal structure, as well as add / remove certain parts of it.

2) Your center of mass would be entirely different, and you would need to adjust your movement appropriately. Even something which you have come to embrace as natural - such as moving - would feel weird and you will probably go through vertigo trying to move around in your new body.

3) On a side note, all of your instincts and muscle memory are human-centric. That means that you will have to learn using body language and natural reactions to different scenarios all over again.