Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if they remade G1?

cider float

I never understood why people persist in thinking that the biggest and one of the most popular generations sucks?

As far as remaking it, I dunno. I'd like some repro toys. If it was gonna be in the style of FiM no thanks. If they decide to mix up past gen ponies in a new gen with a decent art style and keep the fantasy-adventure elements of G1, like they do with Transformers that would be pretty cool.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

It be interesting if G5 had G1 pony names but I feel like remaking something wouldn't necessarily make a great impact of a show.

Because I think remaking something is lack of creativity. 

But I would be nice to have at least like a tribute movie or episode dedicated to that though

I dunno, maybe a good artstyle might appeal, but going from these round, big eyed and overall adorable ponies :wub: to them closer to real life horses? I don' think that'll stick with 'em kids :huh:

I'm not quite sure how they would pull that off, to be honest. Like a lot of things it was a product of it's time. How to remake it, without the updates just making it G4.x? I dunno.

If they managed to pull it off, I'd watch it.

• 3 years later...

It is difficult for any animation studio to get the quality of G1. And it is also an outdated show format. It wouldn't be interesting for us older Bronies.

• 2 months later...