Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If your boy/girlfriend or spouse changed sex would you still love him/her?

cider float

I'd be okay with it, but I'll admit it could be a bit awkward. I have this idea that I'd rather be the more feminine one. I've been struggling with gender identity since I was around 14 (even before I knew about it), and all the emasculating things I deal with all the time make me a little depressed (just a little...).

Though I'd probably be able to get over it, considering it's more about the person and not their outward appearance, or about my own wants. That would be really selfish of me to say "you can't because I want to." After all it's his (well her) choice, and I won't let my romantic preferences stop it from working.

I was asked this question recently and I felt like I came off the wrong way when I gave the answer to it, so here it is. It's fine. It'll be okay.

Are we talking like FULL ON sex change or just taking hormones/estrogen? Cause I don’t really count them as the opposite sex unless they get the whole enchilada....,

i don’t ever have to worry about this anyways my BF knows how bad all that stuff is for ya. 

I'd try my best to stay with him if he became a girl,

But sadly I think my lack of attraction to 99.9% of female humans would most probably get in the way.

I'd try to stay friends with him 

Edited by Sherbert MGS

That would require a massive change in personality on her part to actually do that. But I will entertain this question. 

So not in a sexual way, no. I am not bi in any capacity at all. I am a full on straight man (stop hitting on me guys). So sex and romance would become nullified. Platonic love, however, would be possible.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

What is the difference between sex and gender in this context?

Gender being related to feelings of self with relation to what my brain tell me I am. 

Sex being something linked to karyotype and genotype. 

I am of the male sex. But my gender is female, girl, etc.

The way I define it and see it. I can't change my sex. But my gender was always female and so I never did ever change genders, 

Honestly, I would most likely stop dating him, as harsh as that sounds. It'd just be too difficult for me, for a number of different reasons. Not to mention it'd be be super awkward. :yeahno:

Probably still remain friends though. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

27 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I don't know. I'd try to keep dating herhim, at least, until she swapped her thing for a willy.:twismile: Then we'd go to Best friend status only.

Don't worry, that ain't ever happening. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I would. I always thought the answer to this question would be "no", but recently I think I've changed my mind. There may be other extenuating factors that might mean we're unable to continue our relationship, but I wouldn't actually stop having feelings for them, no matter what (at least within a romantic context).

• Brohoof 2

Now that I have one I will answer this again but with a different answer.

I think I'd have to friend zone him, well her after that, in that case. The situation would just be way too awkward for both of us, particularly me. But I would support, her, during the process as much as I could most definitely. Though I see it being more likely that I would get a sex change considering there was a time I pondered the idea in my late teens. I've settled on not getting one since, and am more settled now that I have a boyfriend (who has no interest in the opposite sex). Also, considering I'm the more feminine one in the relationship.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

Well, my opinion on this hasn't changed at all.  I'd still stick with them no matter their gender because I think going through a transition, one would need love and support going through it.  It's hard to transition when everyone you cared for suddenly were to turn their backs on you, call you names or outright abandon you.  It might take me a bit to adjust but I'm a big boy and can handle that.  Besides, I still think it would be nice to have someone who can relate with you in terms of how your transition is going.

• Brohoof 1