Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your political compass?

Vlazamal

I took the 9Axes one, as well:

geqDbRK.png

6 hours ago, Cirrus. said:

A little more left of center than I thought it would be.:wau:

pcmpss.png.03cdd9a4ec19e72daed276bb7c7796e1.png

Probably mainly because I tend to be a little more left on things like LGBT and separation of church and state. I think people should have choice on how to run their lives. I'm not peoples' keeper.

I have to say I want nothing to do with the Biden/Harris ticket, but I do wish for Trump to grow up.:okiedokieloki:

The Trump administration has an abysmal record on both of those counts. I suppose those issues just aren't that important to you?

I just have to implore people to care about LGBT rights. If the Trump administration were to get another four years, things would get incredibly bad. They already have been really bad.

I'm sitting in anxiety about the worst case scenario of Trump "winning" again. Not only will he and his administration keep on going on the attack, but they'll have the power to stack the Supreme Court which would be bad news for decades. You know there are all kinds of religious right groups foaming at the mouth for a chance to send anti-LGBT cases to a stacked court. That's an affront to both LGBT rights and the separation of church and state. Also, it's an assault on people, because LGBT people are people.

• Brohoof 4

21 hours ago, Envy said:

The Trump administration has an abysmal record on both of those counts. I suppose those issues just aren't that important to you? 

I just have to implore people to care about LGBT rights. If the Trump administration were to get another four years, things would get incredibly bad. They already have been really bad.

I'm sitting in anxiety about the worst case scenario of Trump "winning" again. Not only will he and his administration keep on going on the attack, but they'll have the power to stack the Supreme Court which would be bad news for decades. You know there are all kinds of religious right groups foaming at the mouth for a chance to send anti-LGBT cases to a stacked court. That's an affront to both LGBT rights and the separation of church and state. Also, it's an assault on people, because LGBT people are people.

Unfortunately there are basically two options to vote for and to me the conduct of the Democrats/left has been terrible and unacceptable these past few years. I'm also not intrested in the possibility of civil war which WILL happen if the second ammendment is messed with. It's the teeth/fire extinguisher of the people- AGAINST A WILDFIRE GOVERNMENT NOT "Oh guns are scary" Bullshit. It has a very real purpose. PLUS Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws anyways!:BornAgainBrony:

Screenshot_20200912-155117_Firefox-01.jpeg.202b583e78cd7c41738ecf432309eec8.jpeg

I see this happening to the Constitution (basically being torn up like the state of the union speech) if Biden/Harris gets elected and they have both the house and senate.

That in my opinion is a bigger assault on the people. After that, it's gonna be FULL throttle on the steamroller.

I wish there were better options this election, I really do. It's either Trump who isn't helping in the LGBT department, which is unfortunate, or the out of control crazies trying to put up a senile candidate who's unfit to run the county anyway.:eww:

Oh wait, they want this anyway bernies.jpg.b5bbd4770e597e9c6742e9159f24559f.jpg

OH, DON'T WORRY, BIDEN'S JUST FINE!!!:mlp_icwudt:

I believe in "live and let live" and that governments job should be to keep shit functioning in the most efficient and least intrusive way, and NOT by lecturing me either. Is that reality? No. But Trump is closer to that than what Biden and his keepers are "offering"...:okiedokieloki:

I'm not an idiot who buys spoiled goods or likes being scammed.:yeahno:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 5

Newsflash Trump is actually the one who is unfit for office. Biden at least has a brain, isn't rich and spoiled, was vp for 8 years, has empathy as he lost his wife and later on his adult son. I could go on but I made my point.

• Brohoof 1

Happy with my 9 axes test and re-did some others so theres a more up to date version. I personally believe both political parties are unfit to lead, same with both Biden and Trump. We need new people, clean sweep of all elected officals, we do not need the same Republicans and Democrats who have lead us to misery and division. Say what you want about Trump, complaining and hating on him isn't going to do anything, it just adds more negativity into the world.

Vote him out of office if you don't like him, simple as that. I would only want to see a Biden victory because I'd like people to see what he really is and how bad he will actually be at leading, shifting the blame from Republicans to the Democrats. I am no Trump supporter for sure, I don't like how he has handled recent events by far. I think that Trump's loud mouth has ruined his career, something that someone in the presidency should be REALLY careful of. He is not doing himself any favors for the long shot. Biden has a chance at winning, as someone who has hated democrats and liberals for a very long time I think he has a much nicer demeanor than Trump. But he's a dirty, old man but so is Trump. I don't want Trump to win because we'll see the same old anti-Trump talk, his lousy handling of affairs and divisive nature, but I also don't want Biden to win. Who knows what will happen in November, either half won't like the result. 

Both of them shouldn't be running/in the positions they are for sure. Trump has his line of tin-foil hat crazies while Biden has the far left and neo-communists. Someone needs to come out and speak out against the crimes and misdemeanors of both of them. I would personally rather come talk to Biden then Trump, but by no means I am on his side. I side with no-one. I follow my own heart and thats good enough for me. If it's not good enough for others, I sincerely couldn't give less of a care.

Think what you want about what I believe, I don't really care, you respect me, I respect you. All violence on all sides needs to end, we need to calm down as a country and stop the violence and chaos on BOTH sides, for ALL of us. We need to stay in the center, have the balls to say "FUCK YOU!" to both the far-left and far-right and actually get things done.

Will post more results later on.

image.thumb.png.fbf11b2bdda2f91d8d477481b36a541a.png
image.thumb.png.3cc3f145fbeed72662cf3a5819537112.png

The 3 things at the bottom stand for Pragmatism (solving problems without ideology), Monarchy, and Vegetarianism. Complotism should also be there. Neutralize the rich elite that have ruined our world and the 1% that horde the wealth for themselves, get rid of corrupt people and liars from power.

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Cirrus. said:

Unfortunately there are basically two options to vote for and to me the conduct of the Democrats/left has been terrible and unacceptable these past few years. I'm also not intrested in the possibility of civil war which WILL happen if the second ammendment is messed with. It's the teeth/fire extinguisher of the people- AGAINST A WILDFIRE GOVERNMENT NOT "Oh guns are scary" Bullshit. It has a very real purpose. PLUS Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws anyways!:BornAgainBrony:

Screenshot_20200912-155117_Firefox-01.jpeg.202b583e78cd7c41738ecf432309eec8.jpeg

I see this happening to the Constitution (basically being torn up like the state of the union speech) if Biden/Harris gets elected and they have both the house and senate.

That in my opinion is a bigger assault on the people. After that, it's gonna be FULL throttle on the steamroller.

I wish there were better options this election, I really do. It's either Trump who isn't helping in the LGBT department, which is unfortunate, or the out of control crazies trying to put up a senile candidate who's unfit to run the county anyway.:eww:

Oh wait, they want this anyway bernies.jpg.b5bbd4770e597e9c6742e9159f24559f.jpg

OH, DON'T WORRY, BIDEN'S JUST FINE!!!:mlp_icwudt:

I'm not an idiot who buys spoiled goods or likes being scammed.:yeahno:

Um... What?

Joe Biden is not even campaigning on the banning of any guns beyond assault rifles. You call that 'steamrolling', but what the Trump administration has done since literally day one of their administration is steamroll all over LGBT rights, and I just said why it's going to get much, much worse if he gets back in office again.

Am I supposed to take someone's 'right' to own a military grade weapon as seriously as a transgender person's right to not get denied health care, housing, etc.? As long as I have even a shred of humanity, I won't.

You act like the Democrats are some radical force with some evil agenda that somehow is even worse than Trump's. Yet the Democrats are a Centrist party. They barely lean Left at all. Nothing radical is being proposed by Biden at all. Biden is, and has always been considered the 'safe' candidate among the Democrats. A lot of those of us on the left don't even see him as doing enough on issues that matter, because he's a centrist. (But "not doing enough" is, and will always be, a far better option than the extremist far right candidate who is markedly all about making everything much worse).

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

It's funny how Biden's the radical one, but yet Trump is the one blatantly denying scientific facts for the sake of his pals in the fossil fuel industry, yet Trump is the one trying to start wars with Iran and China that have a pretty high chance of going nuclear...

The far right's rhetoric about Biden is absolutely absurd to anyone outside of their little echo chamber. Everyone else realizes that's totally and utterly ridiculous. Biden is a Bill Clinton esque center-right Democrat. Pretty much exactly it. And all the doomsaying about it sounds only like the people who spread that idea have completely lost their minds. It's ironic that it's actually Trump that's accelerating not only the demise of our country but the demise of our entire planet by getting so much in bed with the likes of big oil. Trump has even openly admitted that he's using the military to prop up big oil.

https://www.theday.com/article/20200831/OP04/200839902

I definitely would take what is essentially a *more conservative* second Obama admin than Trump's brand of far right extremism. At this point the "greater of two evils" philosophy is looking more and more like a necessity with a president seemingly trying to put us on the path of complete and utter annihilation for the sake of corrupt corporate gains ("drain the swamp" more like "expand the swamp"). And while I hate Biden, at least he acknowledges to a minimal degree real problems that will come home to roost.

Also my result:

image.thumb.png.66a941c2e7162694dac00766a305770e.png

I think it puts me in slightly more extreme versions of the camp I'm in (particularly on economics), but this is for the most part very accurate.

Edited by Dusknoir

index.thumb.png.b14c287b31df27fb7119754f367a1f36.png

I took the 45 question one due to lack of patience. I expect if I were to take this test again, there would be differences in results just from the different ways I interpret questions.

Federal vs Unitary: Generally, any system that minimizes centralized control is a good one.

Democracy vs Authority: Trouble here is that I do not consider Democracy being synonymous with Liberty; I see democracy as a means for people to slowly vote away liberty as they tend to be more interested in getting "free stuff" from the government rather than reduce the role of government. I would more than happily give away my right to vote if given the option being ruled by dictators dedicated to maintaining a free market and the protection of private property (with police and military), nothing else (no "free" healthcare, no welfare, no work regulations, no anti-monopoly laws, no "free" education, etc).

Globalist vs Isolationist: I do not really know what globalism is supposed to mean. It is a term I hear often, but I guess my way of thinking has not much been on this particular axis.

Militarist vs Pacifist: In a perfect world, there is no need for military. But if the only option is to have a country be aligned to our side or a rival power, especially if the country is of strategic importance, then any means to have them on our will be used including military occupation and undermining their government. It was politically correct to be a Pacifist during the interwar years; no one wanted to hear about how Hitler was a potential threat because anyone who uttered anything in favor of militarization was labelled "a merchant of death" or other insults.

Security vs Freedom: This is a trickier one for me. It is the legitimate role of government to protect its people from enemies. But at the same time, every time a crisis occurs, it serves as a rationale for the government's power to be permanently more centralized. Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government policy.

Equality vs Markets: I am nearly a pure Capitalist. The only things that prevent me from becoming an Anarcho-Capitalist are that I believe the police and military should be kept as government functions rather than privatized. I consider egalitarianism a false god. And anything that strays further away from laissez-faire markets results in more room for special interests and bureaucracies (the two terms I have been using quite often recently) from becoming more influential and siphoning off of the productivity of the rest of the population.

Secular vs Religious: I do not believe religious texts should directly be made into law nor the role of government to try to convert people to this or that religion. But I am suspicious of the claim that an Atheist society can stay cohesive for an extended period of time. I recall that civilizations that lose its religious convictions tend to be ones in its period of decline. 1 + 1 is truth but it is not a morally guiding principle. God cannot be proven yet I am inclined to believe that it has far greater potential to keep societies cohesive. I already hear objections that many wars were fought in the past precisely because of religion. But I would say that a belief in equality, for example, is just as arbitrary as a believe in God; any moral value we adopt can be, in some way, considered to be completely arbitrary.

Progress vs Tradition: This strikes me as too vague. Technological progress is undoubtedly good because it makes us richer. However, whether "social progress" is good is far more questionable. In the present era, it seems that unlimited self-expression and costless social acceptance are seen as the ultimate good and to hold this view would be considered "Progressive". When it comes to "social progress", the question I would ask is if one recognizes there is such a thing as degeneracy in the first place? Personally, I do not believe it to be the role of government to force people to behave in this or that way (except any action that would lead to the violation of private property rights), but at the same time people should be free to associate with and dis-associate from anyone they wish even if purely due to bigoted reasons.

While I would not outlaw polygamy if given the choice, for example, I would suspect that a polygamous society is more likely to dissolve as they are more violent than monogamous ones; that is, I would consider the degree to which something is considered degenerate is how much of an impact it would have in dismantling social cohesion if it were normalized.

Assimilationist vs Multicultaralist: A multicultural country is more susceptible to collapse due to inter-cultural conflicts than a cohesive one. But while those are my inclination, whether a country is more assimilation or multicultural should ideally be determined by the people themselves through their interaction (or lack thereof) with one another rather than having the government try to push people one way or the other.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias

18 hours ago, Envy said:

Biden is, and has always been considered the 'safe' candidate among the Democrats. A lot of those of us on the left don't even see him as doing enough on issues that matter, because he's a centrist. (But "not doing enough" is, and will always be, a far better option than the extremist far right candidate who is markedly all about making everything much worse).

Did you not read what I wrote? That's why they're pushing him though even though he's losing it. From what I see it's not "normal" Democrats behind him this time around.

Of course Biden's not campaigning more on gun control he would have to be a total moron to with the current state of things. My point about steamrolling is that it will turn into a slippery slope if they start dismantling the second ammendment. To be honest I think it's why Trump is still around if you know what I mean. If something did happen to him, you think things are bad now in the streets...

Again, by steamrolling I DON'T mean just taking away assult rifles. If Biden wins and they have the house and senate that will just be the start. I'm talking big time modification of the Constitution possibly.

I  definately do think Trump is poking too hard at a hornet's nest on the international front at this time.

The Dems/ Left has been worse over the past few years than Trump from what I've seen. I would love to see a lot of the bad eggs OUT. Different agencies headquarters need to be decentralized from D.C. and the surrounding region and moved throughout the country also.

I agree that Trump isn't the option for LGBT rights/progress, but I don't think Biden winning would be good for major other issues that I'm VERY worried about.

I don't wish to debate as this isn't that section. I initally mentioned why my political graph was more left than I thought.

Different issues carry more weight with me and different issues carry more weight with you. Thats fine with me.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Cirrus. said:

Did you not read what I wrote? That's why they're pushing him though even though he's losing it. From what I see it's not "normal" Democrats behind him this time around.

Of course Biden's not campaigning more on gun control he would have to be a total moron to with the current state of things. My point about steamrolling is that it will turn into a slippery slope if they start dismantling the second ammendment. To be honest I think it's why Trump is still around if you know what I mean. If something did happen to him, you think things are bad now...

I  definately do think Trump is poking too hard at a hornet's nest on the international front at this time.

The Dems/ Left has been worse over the past few years than Trump from what I've seen. I would love to see a lot of the bad eggs OUT. Different agencies headquarters need to be decentralized from D.C. and the surrounding region and moved throughout the country also.

I agree that Trump isn't the option for LGBT rights/progress, but I don't think Biden winning would be good for major other issues that I'm VERY worried about.

I don't wish to debate as this isn't that section. I initally mentioned why my political graph was more left than I thought.

Different issues carry more weight with me and different issues carry more weight with you. Thats fine with me.

I personally agree with all of what you are saying. 

• 1 year later...

My moral compass does not allow me to have a political affiliation. It is a matter of principles and understanding. It is also a matter of station. Some things cannot be seen from certain stations. Not unless you step it up the ladder. And having a family who were formerly involved in the structure. Well, it is clear as to why none of them had affiliations either. That said, these ideologies were used by them as a means to... direct the public into a desired outcome. It is a pretty sophisticated form of control. But not very convincing. I understand how it is make to work to a degree. But the artifice should not work 90% of the time. And, yet it does... as if they do not have eyes to see. Is this the cosnsciousness of the collective? That would be problematic, if so.

• Brohoof 1

I am a democrat. I really didn't bother to figure out what side I was on until high school.

Anyway, here are my test results:

Screenshot_20220313-064923_(1)_(1).png