Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you like: Starlight, Sunset, or both?

NeonCobalt

103 users have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Starlight Glimmer
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • I like them both.

I definitely prefer Sunset. She may have turned into a completely different character off screen, but at least she turned into a tolerable character who wasn't forgiven way too quickly. She even started to become enjoyable over time.  

Starlight is one of the worst things added to this show. Every Little Thing She Does is enough to ruin her character for the rest of the show's run and make me never want to see her again.

Starlight Glimmer is one of my favorite characters. I like that she is a realist and really took change seriously. Her mane also looks like frosting on a wild berry PopTart which is great.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Starlight Glimmer is one of my favorite characters. I like that she is a realist and really took change seriously. Her mane also looks like frosting on a wild berry PopTart which is great.

Pretty much describes my opinion. Glim Glam is like my third fav MLP character; behind only Sombra and Tempest.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I like both of them. If I absolutely have to choose one, Sunset is my favorite character in EqG, but my slight preference for FIM forces me to pick Starlight. :coco:

• Brohoof 1

I do like Sunset Shimmer, but her exclusivity to EqG made it hard to know her character better. Meanwhile, Starlight is one of my favorite characters. Because she is herself. Yeah, "some" people may complain because she abused Twilight's trust AND put the the rest of the mane six under a spell, AFTER brainwashing an entire village and getting away with it. But this is who Starlight Glimmer is. So, she gets a pass, just like that.
Besides, what kind of conditional friendship is this where a pony has to pretend to be anything but herself to become part of a group? That is peer pressure. So, very bad on Twilight for imposing this treatment on innocent Starlight. Mind you, I'm being very disingenuous here. And Starlight did deserve punishment for her actions. Still, I like them both.

• 11 months later...

It's a tough call. I'm a fan of both characters, but I like Starlight Glimmer slightly more. :twismile:

I enjoy Starlight's backstory and personality more, but I think Sunset is more consistent. I find it difficult to pit these two together, since their respective series are quite different.

Starlight Glimmer, no contest.

Mainly because I dislike EqG, like, a lot. For me it was a huge, ugly cashgrab in an attempt to follow the trend monster high started. So it's not like bacon head is all that bad, but she's stared at the second part of the g4 franchise I dislike the most.

Besides, Starlight really does apply the friendship part of the show to solve problems instead of blasting villains with rainbows at the drop of a hat. That is something that I really love about her.

4 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Starlight Glimmer, no contest.

Mainly because I dislike EqG, like, a lot. For me it was a huge, ugly cashgrab in an attempt to follow the trend monster high started. So it's not like bacon head is all that bad, but she's stared at the second part of the g4 franchise I dislike the most.

Besides, Starlight really does apply the friendship part of the show to solve problems instead of blasting villains with rainbows at the drop of a hat. That is something that I really love about her.

Plus she killed discord.

OMAY GAH! @Jesse Terrence theres more votes for sunshet shivers! Theres a lot of eqg fans here RUUUN!!!!