Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that made you ADDICTED

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I have a few. The first one is Maplestory. I played this game a lot when it came out and was glued to my computer everyday. Especially when 2x exp cards were released I spent a crazy amount of time & money trying to level my character. Leveling used to be so slow in that game, especially since I tended to play solo with quests instead of dungeon runs. Then the Big Bang patch came out and other changes slowly pushed me away from the game. Once in a great while I'll boot up the game to see what's new and to see if I could get into it again but so far I can't seem to be able to.

The 2nd game for me was The Elder Scrolls Oblivion Game of the Year Edition. When I first bought my playstation 3 I picked two games I knew nothing about so I had something to play. One was that game and the other was Dragon Age Origins. Up until that point I had never really played a game like Elder Scrolls before. At first I was overwhemed but then once I realized how open the game felt I was playing the game all the time. I played it every day until Skyrim came out which was a couple years later.

And finally the 3rd game I want to talk about is Perfect World. I joined this game a couple weeks after it opened and really liked it. I tended to play quests solo like I normally do when I took a chance and played with some people who over time became some good friends that I played the game with everyday. They invited me into their guild and helped me level my character and would craft gear for me. They even taught me about the different group roles for dungeons and that was when I learned my character was a tank and how to play as a tank, a word I have never even heard of at that point. I also spent a crazy amount of money in their cash shop because of the fashion, exp, and teleport stones. I hated that when fashion is purchased in the shop you get a random color instead of being allowed to pick what color you wanted.

Edited by Sgamer
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, too many to count. Street Fighter 4, Rock Band, Skyrim, Smash Bros., etc.

There are alot of games out there, i can play hours upon hours. Recently, i finally found out how to play Europa Universalis IV properly. I am not a pro, but makes me come back for more. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've had several passing addictions... My first was Fallout 3/NV and was made even worse by the release of Tale of Two Wastelands. Then it became COD: Black Ops 2 when I joined the military. After a year or so I went on to fall in love with Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. My latest addiction has certainly been Fallout 4 though with the plethora of modded playthroughs I've been doing ever since its launch.

Lots of games I've addicted to. Call of Duty (WaW,MW series,BO),Battlefield (1942,Vietnam,2,3,4),Minecraft,Garry's Mod,War Thunder,Land Air Sea Warfare,Battle Pirates,War Commander,Audiosurf,Atlantic Fleet,World of Tanks,Battlestations (Midway,Pacific),Wargame (Red Dragon,European Escalation,AirLand Battle)

Another game that had me absolutely addicted was Anarchy Reigns. I literally played that game four times in a row to get all the achievements. No game has ever gotten me that bad.

Hell, I kinda want to replay it even now. Especially since I've had the soundtrack on my MP3 playlist since then and now that I've memorized the songs I want to see where exactly in the game they all play.

When I get a new game, I have a tendency to focus solely on that game until I beat it. Right now I'm well and truly addicted to Dark Souls. I've clocked in almost 100 hours so far, I've looked up over a dozen things so I can get everything, and right now I'm planning on Platinuming the game, which requires at least 2.5 playthroughts.  

The game Sheltered. It's really fun if you get a good run going, but it gets boring once you're sitting on piles and piles of resources.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2.

Also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and Forza Horizon 3...but mostly, RCT. It was literally most of my childhood, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. It's still the king of managerial sim games, as far as I'm concerned.

warthunder... tenk pone immersed himself for countless hours... (he still does)
i mean.. i have logged in every day for the past 340 days.. i'm trying to make it a year XD

• Brohoof 1

At one point I played World of Warcraft almost daily, but now I've kinda fallen out of it. I still think of those times fondly.

More recently I was completely sucked into Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have a number of different characters I'm still determined to play through.

• Brohoof 1

World of Tanks... I invest so much excess time into that game, on multiple platforms too, my Xbone account being better then the latter, I just love my ELC AMC and AufklarungzPanzer Pather as well as my Leopard 1 and Jagdpanzer E-100 to be honest I feel like it's a problem how much I play it, and spend on it, Super Pershing, best premium huzzah!

On the side Clash Royale appears to have pulled me in hugely too ~3~ 

• Brohoof 1

Even with my expansive game roster at the time (at least 30 different games), I spent half of the day (at least) for about two years playing Super Smash Bros. Melee when I was 8-9. I unlocked every single character. INCLUDING GAME AND WATCH. (though that one was a bit difficult).

Then I got sucked into TF2, playing 100 hours of TF2 in about 2 months. I still only have 850, because my addiction to it isn't there any more since the community started to get worse, but it didn't really get anywhere below good in my books until a few weeks ago.

Then I got sucked in to LoL. I played it for 2 years, and I have to say it caused some really bad emotional issues. I tried to quit multiple times, but I felt that was impossible until recently (about a week ago) when it indirectly broke my keyboard, my wrist, a steering wheel for an original Xbox, AND my glasses. Not the game itself, of course. The community. It's so awful. Probably reported at least 1/4 of those I played with and against it was so bad.

But, on a grander scale, I've probably been borderline addicted to video games my entire life since 6 or 7 in hindsight.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

• 1 month later...

Factorio.

One day I'm thinking "hey this might be neat, i'll try it out", next day i'm thinking

"Ok so this assembly machine goes here, and then one over here, the pipes will redirect here, belts come in over here, have to make sure it's getting enough liquid, and... what's that you say? I haven't left my house in 10 days?"

I was on a World of Warcraft binge from basically 2005-2008 and would play almost everyday since I had friends that also played. They were kinda jerks after  they wouldnt let me in their clubhouse when they joined a guild and didnt invite me :orly:

I think what really got me into it was the addictive nature of watching all those numbers SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLYYYYY go up and thats all you wanted to see. Damage and stats were just numbers but seeing the change after time investment is what I think makes MMOs so addicting. Like working out. Getting stronger and physically more developed is a huge motivation staying with the program. You want to see how far you can take it and how much you can lift or how many reps you can do. Its this idea of time investment that results in visual or numerical change that I think is what makes those long grinding sessions so satisfying.

Some games that I was addicted to playing were:

- Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3

- The Naruto Ultimate Ninja series for PlayStation 2

- World of Warcraft

- Super Smash Bros.

- Super Smash Bros. Melee

- The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series

- Overwatch

- Mario Kart 64

- Mario Kart Wii

- Mario Party 2

- Mario Party 3

- Pokemon Yellow

-Paper Mario

-First three Mario Party

-Majora's

-Smash Bros Melee

-Luigi's Mansion

-Doom 3

-GTA: SA

-Fallout 3

-And most recently (as far as I can remember): The Witcher III (is you sleep at almost 3 AM, you know you're hooked)

Fallout and Elder Scrolls series is obvious (reached over 700 hours in skyrim this week), i kinda always make a new character before i've explored everything, so i haven't explored everything yet.

I also has a interest in driving games, such as Farming Simulator and ETS2/ATS, especially awesome if used with a VR headset (Vive in my case), and a steering wheel.
Oh, Dragon Age: Origins, i spent so much time in it, modding and toying around.

If it weren't for mods, some of the games i play would probably be laid to rest long ago.

And there was one MMORPG i used to play so much, Age of Conan.
Unfortunately, the activity in that game died out, RP has been basically non-existent the last few years.

Right now, the Elder Scrolls series, particularly the last three. I have yet to beat one, but they are quite fun, especially Oblivion.

Morrowind also gave me a fear of Cliff Racers.

Edited by Foxy Socks

• 2 months later...