Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could make you leave the fandom?

leonbrony17

I'm not sure if I'd ever actually leave the fandom, but believe me, I've had some close calls:

1. Twilight Sparkle becoming an Alicorn Princess.

2. Hasbro making the Equestria Girls Movies.

3. Princess Flurry Heart being born.

4. The Changelings looking as if someone just pressed the Random Button on General Zoi's Pony Creator.

If any of you liked any of these things happening, I'm not gonna get in an argument with you over them. I mean, I guess I could see how some people would love how Twilight became a Princess after all of her hard work, or how Shining Armor and Princess Cadence finally had a baby, but these are things that I never really liked.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I left when I just suddenly lost interest, no real reason. Tried to come back, saw The Cart Before the Ponies, stayed away for a few more months. Saw the end of season 6, barely staying.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not leaving the fandom anytime soon, but I have been questioning the integrity of it as of late with regards to what happened in the U.S. last month.

• Brohoof 1

I ain't leaving anytime soon . Sure, I had a close call after S3 because there wasn't official news of continuing the show for a while, but glad I'd stood until then, even if that was EG

When my friends lie to me and betray me here. That would be the end for me in here. The show itself couldn'd make such a HUGE mistake to push me out. I mean... Equestria girls already happened isn't it?

already happened to me. earlier this year in fact >.>

but meh, ive come out of that drama with a better life than most of them so blah to em. 

I dont think anything would amke me leave the fandom, more likely to drift out of it once the show ends for good. but it could be like pokemon, i stopped watching and forget the fandom existed for a while then came back, but im more into the games and merch than the series or community now. 

• Brohoof 1

If I'm going to be a hundred percent honest, I'd probably stick to the fandom even if my interest in the show went away. 

I still love MLP fan fiction. I read so much fan fiction and I can honestly tell you that this is one of the few fandoms that has fan fiction I like more than the actual show. 

But I still love the show. 

I suppose the only thing that could make me leave all the way is if the fandom itself disappeared.

If it stopped producing the quality fan fiction I've come to expect. 

I got pissed off with some episodes(my least favorite being the chrystalling),and the fandom makes me cringe a lot(bad ocs) but i don't want to leave the fandom cause of that. I like the mlp episodes, so im not leaving

Losing interest in the show, which hasn't happened yet, and I am glad it didn't. The last close call of leaving was during the big Twilight Alicorn drama in february 2013,

I'm not in the fandom because of the show, I'm only in it because i get to be myself. If someone or others tried to change how I live my life and lie to me, yeah, I'd be out of here.

Edited by Rosa

I am not so a big part of the fandom anymore. The reason is really clear. I made some bad experiences in this fandom with other bronies. This is for me also a big reason to leave a fandom. But this concerns more the german fandom and not this forum. 

If the fandom loses it's way to what made it so unique and different. If somehow everybody starts to fight over each other or began to become the opposite of what friendships and fun stands for. I know that everything and everyone isn't perfect in this fandom and I'm guilty of that too. To be honest, I hadn't been the best friend for everybody here and I regret the things I've done or shouldn't done. Everybody makes mistakes, I make mistakes and we can learn to forgive each other's shortcomings not just for ourselves but for what this fandom means to everybody.