Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chrysalis reform.

CastletonSnob

Not this time. Some villains need to stay villains. It's gonna give kids the wrong message saying that they can try to change ANYBODY.

Partly because of the above, partly because these reforms are too expected and half-baked. Beat the villains ass for a change :dry:

Yes, but I'd not enjoy it, I just know it'll happen. My opinion over this is that I hope it doesn't happen. But it's going to happen at some point, they even hinted at it in the season 6 finale.

We don't need any more villains reformed though, Chrysalis can remain evil for all of mlp for all I care. We don't need more villains to be good. Just villains returning for more roles, that only would be nice.

In the meantime, Chrysalis will continually be defeated by macguffins. because she's that good at being bad. Probably the only reason she should stay evil, because she's so well written, the writers write themselves into a corner every time she gets an episode. Which so far, she's gotten 4 episodes as a villain. Season 7 may bring forth her redemption, unfortunately.

Who knows? it's up to the writer's decision overall, or even Hasbro itself. Might be the macguffin that finally "defeats" her; friendship.

Edited by Lloyd

Yes Chrysalis is a villain who needs to be reformed, really, she isn't evil enough. I wouldn't even call her plans to take over Equestria

Evil. I'd rather just say it's Greed. And I mean like a Greedy Pig. But not too evil, just like Starlight. The show can introduce some more eviler villains than that, really. Even the fandom could make better villains.

• Brohoof 2

I'm hoping Chrysalis isn't reformed and I actually don't think she will be. She has too much potential as a villain to be reformed and I think it's because of that potential that she has been brought back. Also, I don't think Chrysalis' reformation would be good for the Guardians of Harmony toy line! :P

Chrysalis is at her best when she is a scheming, deceptive trouble-maker and has proven herself to be quite capable with how she captured the entire royalty of Equestria and the Mane 6 as well, so it would be a shame to lose that. However I have nothing against villain reforms, so we will see what happens, but for now, I like Chryssy as a bad girl. :P

• Brohoof 1

No, at this point I'm tired of reformed villians. They're cool and all but too expected. I want to see justice as a theme for a chance.

As long as justice doesn't get conflated with vengeance.

--

As for me, I wouldn't mind seeing Chrysalis redeemed - eventually. Right now, she seems far too set in her ways for a single-episode turnaround. What I'm hoping to see is more of her, being foiled for a couple of times {and learning a lesson out of it} before coming to an epiphany - a Trixie-like arc, of sorts.

It would not surprise me if they did.

But I sincerely hope not. I think she works much better as a villain. If they were to reform her I imagine they would shuttle her off to the changeling empire and then promptly forget she ever existed to begin with unless they desperately needed a warm and fuzzy episode involving psychedelic colored bug/deer/pony things.

I would like to seem them really ramp her villainy up a little bit to be honest. Where I see Tirek as a brutish powerhouse trampling anything in his way to dust in his lust for power, I see Chrysalis as a cunning, vile enchantress in a manner of speaking. She can easily manipulate others, and with some tweaking I imagine could be far more dangerous.

The show needs good villains, not just endless apologies followed by a round of kumbaya and everything is peachy.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say I'm 'tired' of reformed villains, just that I don't think Chrysalis would make for a good reform.
Besides the fact that if she gets reformed, there really wouldn't be any villains at all.O
Or at least not major ones.
If they were to do another reformation of a villain, it would be neat to see someone truly turn evil first.
And have a decent motivation for doing so.
But due to the structure, writing, and motive of the show all being centered on how much they can profit, I don't see any of that happening.
As in... ever ^^;

We've had more than enough reformations in the show to last us a life-time. If Chrysalis were to be reformed, it would be a mixed bag as some would be happy about it while others would be annoyed. Plus, the show would have one less villain, something that shouldn't be a trend since villains do make certain events all the more interesting. I'd say she should remain as she is otherwise she could lose what has made her the kind of character she has become.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.. It depends on how they would handle that.

For instance, I totally don't like Discord being reformed. I didn't like it in the first place when I saw Princess Celestia bringing him and talking about reforming. That's because even after leaving the evil-ness he's still arrogant and kinda annoying and I knew he will be like this. Seeing poor Fluttershy having to deal with him makes me sorry for her.  :(

I mean, I don't have anything against him, but he's problematic most of the time.

Having many reformed villains like him would bring more chaos than them actually being villains. post-38649-0-81882900-1482123749.png

On the other hoof, Sunset Shimmer is also a reformed villain and I actually really like that fact and her in general. Unlike Discord, she's a 'legit' character, that matches the show -okay, movies. Her backstory and further experience makes a sense as well and she does her best to be nice, unlike Discord, who kinda makes fun of the whole reforming and friendship.  :umad:

I don't have opinion about Starlight yet, as I'm still on the 5th season. (And yes, spoilers got me)

As for Chrysalis ~ I honestly have no idea, but I think she could be a good reformed villain and surely, less annoying than Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Do you think Chrysalis will be reformed in Season 7?

Would you like to see it? 

I'd drop the series with that not going to lie. The way they handle reformations are so aggravating and poorly written with the only exception (weirdly enough) being Trixie. You can like Discord all day, but his reformation was rushed when you think about it. 

Where's that gif I use every time someone suggests a terrible idea? Ah here it is:

26e8a695ba979200b05834b7b3c85ddb.gif

Some people are just evil and will never change. Lets actually keep it that way for once

• Brohoof 2