Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I've only really seen one, quite a few years back. She was wearing a Derpy shirt at the dentist. I didn't talk to her directly, but I was talking to my Mom and loudly added, "I just don't know what went wrong!" She noticed. It was a fun little experience.

None of my family really knows that I am a fan of the show. I have a shirt that I bought secretly (hardest thing I've ever done, I swear), but I don't wear it around here. When I move out in April I'll be sure to get some good use out of it. Who knows what/who I'll find?

Not met, but I have seen evidence of bronies.

I'm at the University of York.

There's a guy with a Derpy bag.

There's a poster for a pantomime, written in Generation B - this doesn't mean the person who wrote it MUST have been a brony, but it is pretty unlikely that anyone would pay $20 for the official MLP typeface for any other reason.

I walked past a woman earlier today, and noticed that she had a couple of small stuffed ponies. I didn't see very clearly, but one of them was orange with blonde hair, and the other was purple, so I think it was twilight and applejack - or they might just have been non MLP pony toys.

I'm always on the lookout for evidence of bronies :P

I think this Uni needs a brony society, because there are definitely a few of us around.

Edited by speedyblupi

:P back a year ago, I created my Highschool's first brony club, we had 24 members :P all bronies
that was my first Irl contact and leadership of my own Herd.

Then that summer I went to Everfree Northwest 2014
and...kinda took 200 selfies with 200 bronies
so proud :3

thus the Selfie Pony was born.
and the Quest began.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

I was, quite foolishly, out late one night, and I had lingered too long in a part of town that bore an ill reputation.  I thought I heard footfalls just behind me on the sidewalk, but - when I turned to see who pursued me - there was no one there.  I became fearful; wishing that I were safe at home and asleep in my bed.

With increasing speed and increasing anxiety, I made my way down the street.  My ears again caught the sound of pursuing feet.  I turned: Nothing.  Not a soul.  Though it would not take me home any quicker, I turned down an unlit alleyway and sped past overturned trash cans and startled cats.  I nearly crashed into the far wall before I realized the alley terminated in a dead end.  I spun round, and - to my horror - there was a shadowy, unfamiliar figure standing in front of me.

As he - or It, I momentarily and madly considered - came nearer, I could perceive that he balanced something in an upturned palm.  Some small, colorful figure that I couldn't immediately make out in the dark alley.  My heart raced.  Beads of sweat collected on my brow; though the night was cold and I was shivering.  There was no other way out.  No avenue of escape.

The hand (I still hoped it was a hand) bearing the figure stretched out towards me, and I instinctively drew back with a sharp gasp.  A strange light emanating from the being's other hand shone on the item, and I suddenly realized...

He was holding a miniature, many-hued equine; her mane carefully brushed and styled.  Her coat, which I decided was blue by the glow of the man's phone, was decorated - at the flank - with a cloud and lightning bolt-shaped mark.  Gently, the stranger pressed the figure into my hand, which tightened slowly and automatically around it.  He quietly uttered the cryptic words, "Friendship is..."  I couldn't make out the final word.  And, though I called after him as he retreated, he would not return to repeat his message.

Half in a daze, I made my way home and ultimately into my room.  My hand had remained closed since that moment in the alley, and I opened it then to examine the unexpected gift by lamplight.  Smiling, I set it carefully atop my nightstand and turned out the light.

I never saw that man again.  But I still have the little equine.  My little equine.

"A Dark Encounter" by Siegfried Danzinger

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

While I did see people at my community college staring at the computer screen as a MLP video was playing plus two other people wearing MLP shirts, the first one I truly met came at BABSCon while waiting in line to pick up my badge. It was a group of teens but there was one I talked to the most. It was this guy wearing a Twilight Sparkle t-shirt and hat. I made said things like "So your favorite is Twilight Sparkle?" and him saying yes and noticing my Maud Pie t-shirt, asked the same thing about Maud Pie. He also showed me the CCG game and we also looked at cosplayers walking past us. Not only that, I gave my first public brohoof to him.

I've never met any bronies in person, unfortunately.

There is someone I suspect is a brony at the church I attend. They have a Rainbow Dash decal in their van's back window.

I haven't completely acertained the owner of the vehicle, though.

I was working on a project in Biology and one of the people in my group showed me his phone, saying " You don't know what this is do you?" When I saw the picture of the two background ponies I seriously flipped. :lol: 
Then people started looking at me weird and I'm like "What? It's awesome!!!! :blush: "

First bronies I met was a long time before I was one. It was at a college club's 60 hour LAN party where they played the first episode (not the first 2, just the first) on repeat about 6 times starting at 3 in the morning on one of the projector screens when everybody was trying to sleep. Almost didn't become a brony simply because of these guys. But, I did in the end so it all worked out

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

the first time seen a bronie is when i went to catch up with friends place i looked around and seen my little pony figures on the shelf

Edited by DoubleStar

I was at a video game convention. A lot of people don't like bronies so I was met with a lot of angry faces and I got very shy. When I met the brony she was very exited. I was exited as well but I was too shy to show it. She tried to brohoof me but I was too shy and ran away.

• Brohoof 1

The first other MLP fan I met in real life was my freshman year in college

First time seeing a Brony IRL: I saw a group of people walking down a street in town and they all looked normal enough, wouldn't have thought they were out of the normal till....they divided. In the middle of that group was a guy cos-playing as Twilight, for no apparent reason, with a fluffy pinkie pie backpack. My brother just looked at me and said:

"That's what you are!"

I argued with him as i wasn't a Brony yet (still in the "this is a social experiment" mind set), but now i accept his pony related insults as nothing, till i beat him with my Rarity plushie!

The first brony I ever met was 2 years ago during college visits. I was visiting the WPI campus, and one of the counselor leaders had a 20% cooler shirt on. I was afraid to ask her in public if she was a brony so I waited until everyone dispersed and asked. When she said yes another girl came up and said she was a brony as well! We all brohoofed each other :) I'm still in contact with one of the girls, but the counselor i have no idea :(

(edited)

Well, there was this kid on the bus... I never really talked to him.

2nd was in school this year after someone found what my RuneScape name was at the time. "Bruin Brony"

He is still my friend today.

And I guess I'll mention that one person that I've seen with a pony shirt and many things on his backpack. Never talked to him.

And ths one person that can make her voice exactly like Fluttershy's...

This is too off-topic at this point.

The first brony I met was that kid on the bus.

Edited by The Tin Can

I met my first brony while, of all places, collecting info and surveying at an amine cosplay festival. I felt super out of place with my RD shirt. 

I saw something familiar while walking round. Rainbow hair, blue clothes, none of my anime loving pals could tell me what that was. Le awkardness trying to work up the courage to talk to her. 

I haven't met any personally, but I do remember seeing plenty of bronies at Comic-Con, most of whom were my age. I was with my family at the time though, so I was too embarrassed to approach them :(

The first time I met another brony was at my school. There was another guy, 3 years older than me. We were basically twins since we had the same interests, hobbies and knew both a lot about history. He then noticed that my google image was a pony and asked me who my favorite pony was. I was so surprised and he told me he was a brony as well :D

The only bronies I've seen IRL have been kids wearing pony t-shirts; all of which have been girls. I'm going to everfree NW next week.