Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

Well, at one of my first Cross Country meets, I saw a kid with a "CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG!" Shirt on. 

I thought it was pretty awesome. :D

and I was like "wtf is that" 

xD I have no idea why that made me laugh so much.

I think I'm going insane.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I bumbed into one at a comic book store. He was wearing a shirt and had a necklace with rainbow dashs cutie mark. I said whoops sorry, cool necklace what is it?(to be honest thot his necklace was for gay pride or something as i knew nothing of mlp at the time.) He said no problem explained his necklace asked me about my dead pool one handed me the batman comic i was reading and we went our seprate ways. Good guy i thought and went to sit down and finish reading.

Edited by Digit
  • Brohoof 1

Saw my first brony at sixth grade , he loved derpy :) . He chains to have made dubstep btw idk. He was cool, but it's a shame that he had to move. :( first brony I met, nxt was my little cousin and sister

• Brohoof 1

I don't recall how I met my first Brony friend, but I remember him being in my Biology class. I don't remember if he or I referenced it, but I remember it was awesome how we found out. The other Brony friend I remember He talked about it, asked me about it, and we high-fived each other.  :lol:

Some guy I actually knew for a while turned out to be a brony. I figured this out when he was drawing a picture of Twilight.

Pretty cool dude, might I add.

Ahh yes, I do recall my first encounter with bronys, many moons ago.... :comeatus:

At first I felt he bullied me freshman year of high school, but the next year we were friends after we worked out our differences.

One day in class he gave this personal essay presentation about how he used to be really shy, and how his "friend list was suffering from non-existance," as he put it. lol He compared himself to Fluttershy, and said when he first say the show, he decided he wanted to be more like pinkie pie (more friendly) and made him think about how important it is to have friends. And then I knew he was a brony, and thought, "gee thats kinda weird, haha, I'll never be like that!"

132744435889.png

the end.

Everyone is secretly a Brony.  Whether they realize it or not.  So I see Bronies wherever I go!

...No, I've never - to the best of my knowledge - met a Brony irl.  I turned my mom Brony, and I've known her for a while.  So that doesn't really count.

(edited)

Well, I haven't met any bronies since I became one (which was only in March of this year), but I remember a couple years ago someone at my school mentioned he was a brony. I don't remember the context or who he was talking to, but at the time I had absolutely no idea what that meant. I didn't even know that there was a My Little Pony cartoon show. I only found out about any of this earlier this year. After I became a brony, I remembered what he said and understood. Then I saw him share a song he made, one which was instrumental (and very good, too) on Facebook, and in the comments someone asked what was the inspiration for the song, and he said it was inspired by something that is alluded to often in a TV show he watches. Then he described, without actually saying specifically that it was MLP he was talking about, the scenario that I recognized as the Celestia/Luna conflict that is described in the opening episode of MLP. So I looked him up on YouTube, found out that he had made many more MLP inspired songs, and mentioned in the YouTube comments who I was and that I had become a brony. Then he messaged me on Facebook, "Holy crap." So then we talked a bit about MLP, I told him I really liked his music, he advised me not to join any MLP community/forum sites (he used to be a mod on MLPF but quit since he couldn't deal with all the stress and hate-messages he got from being a mod) which I went ahead and did anyways (no regrets!). 
So, yeah, that was that.

Edited by Cork Top

The first brony I have ever seen is my friend Austin, and HE is the one and only original inspiration for my interest in the show and the fandom. 

If it was not for him, I would not have started watching the show and join the fandom. 

God Bless You Austin!

Unfortunately, I've never met one in real life (or at least that I knew was one).  I'm pretty much forced to be a closet brony (I hate that term, though, I'd rather just call it "internet-only brony") since I live in such a hick/country area.  Even those people who don't consider themselves "country" just because of their location (though, I sure as *apples* consider myself country) would still be pretty harsh on me.  The people in my town, my family and I included, are very traditionalistic.  Heck, at my high school prom, they wouldn't allow male-male or female-female dates to prom, only the traditional male-female dates were accepted into the promenade!  I mean, even though I'm a straight, conservative male, I am appalled at such a horrible notion! For goodness sake, it's the 2010's people!  So, I'm sure you could imagine that, not only would I get *apples* for being a brony, but would likely end up getting bullied for it.

Maybe in college, I will try to open up and allow myself to be myself, rather than hiding.  But after living 19 years under such traditional norms, it's gonna be really hard to open up.  That's one of the reason's I came to the internet and found this site!  And, I gotta admit, I was skeptical of even doing that, at first.  But, boy howdy, am I sure glad I did come here to MLP forums.  It's like a pressure relief valve for me sometimes.

In the end, though, I want to admit to y'all here that, I myself am kind of am a traditionalist, in the sense of the grand scheme of things... BUT, I don't take it to the stupid extremes of being ignorantly close-minded like alot of people here at home do.  Just because I'm a conservative doesn't mean I can't be open minded.  I am fine with everyone as long as they are respectful to me.  Actually, MLP has helped me realize certain areas where I needed to open my eyes and rethink what had been ingrained in my head.  I am much more tolerant/accepting of people than I used to be, and I owe alot of that to MLP.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Surprisingly yes, a few actually... My best friend's little brother, one of my good friends (who I hope to go to BabsCon with) and someone who I just met recently at my school. Its amazing to see that there are actually people like me at school, watching the same show!

I met my friends brother before he was a brony and he's how I really knew about My Little Pony. I mean before then I sort of knew there was a following but I never really Acknowledged it until then. A bit after that my little brother got into the show. I watched it with my brother a little bit over two months ago. Other than that, some guy wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt came by work one day but I didn't say anything to him (that was before I watched the show) but I didn't mention it.

Someone I knew wore a shirt saying, "This shirt just got 20% cooler" with a RD mark on it.  I was aware of MLP at the time but hadn't seen that particular episode yet, so he explained the shirt to me.

Edited by Time Shield

First time I wore my Applejack shirt, I was a little nervous about displaying my fan-ness so openly. I walk I to my class that day, the first time that class is in session this semester. See a guy also wearing an applejack shirt and sporting a Derpy mailmare messenger bag. First time I'd ever met another brony offline. Put me at ease, don't feel weird about pony merch anymore.

• Brohoof 3