Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

So today I had probably the best public brony encounter I personally have ever had to date, at my current job of all places!  I worked an 11-4 shift at Family Video with a nice young woman I've never worked with before.  Things are pretty slow the whole shift, so we get to shooting the breeze, and talk especially a lot about movies and TV shows.  After an impromptu tirade against the atrocity that is "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure", we started talking about the decline in children's movies and television, and on a whim I cautiously decide to start talking about some of the few current kids television shows I think are good.  After mentioning "Adventure Time" (which I don't watch but have heard is great), I just blurt out, "I've also heard that the new "My Little Pony" is really good".  To my delight, she ecstatically agrees and says, "I watch that show with my kids all the time!" biggrin.png  to which I respond, "Yeah, I watch the show too!  I love it!" e9FkmL5.png  After that we spent a lot of the rest of our shift talking about just about everything about the show you could imagine: the high quality, the characters, the story, "Equestria Girls", the Season 3 finale, her kids' favorite episode (which is "A Canterlot Wedding"; she said her kids have even memorized the music from that episode and even sing along to it, especially "This Day Aria"!!! laugh.png).  I even got to enjoy sharing the news with her that there was going to be a 26-episode Season 4, which she did not know and was VERY excited to hear, seeing as she assumed the show was done after the Season 3 finale!

In conclusion, I got to meet and work with a coworker who turned out to be an ardent and delightful pegasister parent, and couldn't be happier about it!  What a nice little surprise!!! derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

During a lecture our professor took a 5 minute break. I used the opportunity to play some Fighting is Magic. While I was playing as Rarity vs Twilight, the girl sitting next to me said  - "Yeah, beat her lame flank! By the way, Rarity and Pinkie are my favorites," That was my first encounter with someone who is into ponies at university. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

I wear a toque with Fluttershy embroidered on it quite often, and as a result, have had a few of these encounters. I have gotten two brohooves in passing, two compliments in passing, and one random approach. I was wearing my Team Pony t-shirt today, and a random person walked up to me, we had a random short conversation, which I barely remember. In two instances, I have been the one randomly approaching someone. The first time was at work. One of my co-workers was leaving wearing a Rainbow Dash cap, I quickly looked over and said "that hat makes you 20% cooler". Don't judge, I was new to the fandom. The second time was when I walked into my first year business course and saw someone wearing a Fluttershy t-shirt. I walked over and simply asked where he got it and said I hadn't been able to find any Fluttershy merch.

To anyone who may be reading this, keep those random encounters coming, even if it is just a passing brohoof and nothing more.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
There is a certain classification of Bronies that can be divided into two parts: The Bronies who know personally and who have never personally experienced a Brony. 

I really do not have someone close to share something you love can get to be pretty annoying. Never met a Brony personally (and I never even befriending some via the internet), I've tried to show the drawing to some people, but they have no interest in drawing: b. I hope one day I can go to some meet-up and meet some Bronies. 

Tell which of the two cases here you are, and how such an experience. Must be nice to know where there is a higher concentration of Bronies.

Quite a few because I live in the SoCal area. In my personal experience they're at once awkward and super friendly, typically collage age boys. Used to be predominantly the nerdy, dare I say 'neckbeardy' crowd but as of this season I've been seeing a far more diverse population, school athletes and the like.

(edited)

Hello!

Haha! Well, I personally never met another brony in real life. Though, I always wonder what it would be like... Perhaps someday I'll bump into "somepony". :lol:

Edited by Concord

One in my school at my same age (well a year older) which is a brony (even know he is a clopper I don't mind that :P) he is very funny to me even know he thinks sometimes i go kinda Cupcakes but not Pinkie/Pinkamena crazy I'm the (talk to myself and don't care keep myself to myself moodswings and laughing for no reason crazy anyway yeah nopony very popular but a friend will do (I have to keep him up with the pony stuff he never reads Equestria daily)

I met a Brony in college, but I wasn't a Brony myself at the time.

Later on I became one, and he was pretty hyped up about it.

I later found out my brother was a Brony and I got my two cousins into the show.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Eeyup, that's about it!

Yeahh :D

There's one at my school, and he's also a member of this site :P He doesn't get on here too much anymore, though :(

I think he goes by Centurion Afterwards now, but I may be wrong :D

He's a good friend of mine and one of the few people I like talking to regularly even if he's incorrect about his choice of best pony :D

I have very good brony friends on skype, but never meet IRL. 

I came close once, but, yea.

I am trying my hardest to find someone close by. It would be epic if there is someone in my neighborhood.

(south Africa isn't exactly full of bronies)

I have successfully identified half a dozen, although I am friends with none and would prefer to keep my distance from them.  However, it is not out of the question that one or two of my friends are closet bronies, like I am.  I have not been able to confirm my suspicions, which would be almost impossible to accomplish without telling my friends that I am a brony.  Given that all of my friends and most students in general are avid anti-bronies (or at least act like it), it would be a bad choice to reveal that I'm a brony.

I've met plenty of bronies irl now. Back when I became a brony in 2012, it was very uncommon to see bronies out in public since the fandom was still young and relatively new at that time. But now that it is 2014, I'm starting to see more people being open about their love for ponies. 

I've seen random bronies and complimented their attire and gave them brohoofs. I've even attended meet-ups where I met even more of them.

Nowadays I don't consider myself a brony anymore, I enjoy the show for what it is and don't give myself a title defining who I am. Because of this, I tend to avoid acknowledging bronies in public whenever I see them. I respect their decisions and leave them be :)