Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

the first time i met a brony was at a party around 1.5 years ago , the guy got bullied , i was just sat there trying to not insult him but we have met up now and we are friends  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The first brony I met was at an anime convention 2 years ago. I didn't even know that there was a new MLP generation at the time. I went to the pony panel since there was nothing else to do at the time. The brony was some 45 year old looking man who was hosting the panel. My first thought was "Is this a joke?" I wasn't even aware of "bronies" back then. Despite all of this, I still had a great time in his panel since it was full of games. The guy was really nice too.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

I was at Disney Land and I saw a guy with a "Have a Derpy day" T-shirt, I walked up, said "Nice shirt" then was yanked away by my mom because she thinks that all people who are over thirty are OBVIOUSLY pedobears in disguise.

Second was at a winter camp, I sneaked into the girls side((not dirty, just most of my friends irl are girls)), then I heard someone singing winter wrap up, so I went in there and they heard me singing along and smacked me...then she said I could stay because I was a brony

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I only know one Brony in real life, and that's my friend from school, Afterwards :D He's also a member of these forums, but he made his name so confusing I can't be bothered to tag him -_- It's like, aFTeRWaRdS or something now :D

Anyway, I met him a long time ago. In like, 4th grade, I think.

I mistook him as being Asian.

Anyway, I saw him with an MLP notebook one day in English class, and I was like "wtf is that" and then I watched it later that night and loved it :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a driving instructor. I pick up one student at his house, and he comes out wearing a colourful t-shirt. I ask to take a look at the design on it and he shows me. He said he had made it himself, printing the design on iron-on transfers and then applying them to the shirt. There is the same design on both sides: a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt. Now at this point, I was not a brony myself. I had only seen one episode with my daughter. But I keep glancing down at that shirt like I'd seen it before. Finally, I stop the car, taking another long hard look at it, knowing I've seen it before, before I say, "It's from that show my five-year-old daughter watches!"

I'm sorry to say I made him turn quite pink.

• Brohoof 4

I have never actually meant another brony in real life, well, at least not to my knowledge, that is part of the reason that I have skype is so that I can talk to other bronies!

My first Brony encounter was with a girl that got me into My Little Pony in the first place.

She unfortunately moved away, and I don't really keep in touch with her after that.

I'm a driving instructor. I pick up one student at his house, and he comes out wearing a colourful t-shirt. I ask to take a look at the design on it and he shows me. He said he had made it himself, printing the design on iron-on transfers and then applying them to the shirt. There is the same design on both sides: a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt. Now at this point, I was not a brony myself. I had only seen one episode with my daughter. But I keep glancing down at that shirt like I'd seen it before. Finally, I stop the car, taking another long hard look at it, knowing I've seen it before, before I say, "It's from that show my five-year-old daughter watches!"

I'm sorry to say I made him turn quite pink.

This is an awesome story!  :lol:

(edited)

Can't say I've met any bronies/pegasisters, but I've seen some girl go around w/ a RD backpack at my school. Still working up the courage to talk to her without coming off as awkward. :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Psychotic Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. Something was here. Something was here.

Edited by NONAME
  • Brohoof 5

One time I encountered a young dad wearing a Derpy t-shirt pushing a stroller carrying his (I assume) baby daughter. I found it absolutely adorable!

• Brohoof 1

One time I ran into like 20 at a Brony Meetup.

Seriously! Who would have guessed?!

post-27548-0-54693100-1404709141_thumb.jpg 

But being serious, the strangest spot was when I worked at Petco, there was a bunch of pony cut-outs in the break room. 

• Brohoof 1

I remember meeting a guy in one of my CS classes. It was pretty interesting. I was talking about Cleverbot to some other people and he casually entered the conversation, letting on that he'd, you know, got it playback MLP songs. I laughed, and he named Winter Wrap Up, and I laughed again. It was pretty clear he was testing the water, making sure it was okay to mention his love of the show. All that done, he showed me his Fluttershy perler necklace!

There was another guy, never spoke to him much, who always brought a pony folder to one class, would even prop it up so it was really visible. Didn't have it in the next class I was in, though he did still have the Doctor Whooves sticker on his laptop.

I think i once traded a glance with someone wearing a Fluttershy T-shirt, passing by me on a train station, and now i'm not even sure. It was very crowded, and i lost them before i had time to react. That's about the only time i think i spotted a brony. We're sort of a rare breed here.

I met one whilst doing a play together but thats about it.

Since returning from uni, I have yet to meet a Brony :(

The only other Brony I've ever met was when I took my friend to meet her pen pal in Ohio, her friend was a Brony, and helped me get a few ponies from the grab bags you can get for like $2

• 2 weeks later...

Second was at a winter camp, I sneaked into the girls side((not dirty, just most of my friends irl are girls)), then I heard someone singing winter wrap up, so I went in there and they heard me singing along and smacked me...then she said I could stay because I was a brony

That sounds friggin amazing.  I probably would have jumped up on a table and started singing until the whole camp joined in and made it a big musical number. 

I met my first brony at a pizza joint.  He was an employee, and gave me a brohoof when he saw my Fluttershy tee.

• Brohoof 1