Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like & dislike about the new forum update?

dreamstream

Like:

1. Responsive design mode. The old IP.B was a complete chore to read on mobile and tablet. (In case you're wondering, I hated the iPhone-only design.)
  2. Auto-embed.
  3. Auto-notifications when people post status updates and brohoofs on posts and even blogs.

Dislike:

1. Navbar is no longer fixed as you scroll down. You now have to scroll back to the top of the page to check notifications, etc.\
  2. The transparent overlay above the page anchor links are WAY too subtle. They blend way too much with the baby blue background. A clearer contrast will make them pop out much more.
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm... listing only one thing each, I suppose I'll try to say things others haven't.

I like the fact that a users post count is below their rank now, I do rather like to know how much someone has posted. (I like to keep track of odd things)

I rather dislike how bland the forums looks like, we look like a clone of everyone else now, what makes it worse is there is no custom themes here. The Warfame forums which I hop on to read patch notes uses IP4 and it has like 4 themes, we need more themes! 

• Brohoof 1

I like how easily it is to tag someone

I hate how wide the forums are now. But Im use to it now.

• Brohoof 1

I personally don't like anything new about the forum software now being used. I heavily dislike the dropped features such as the lack of a stick navigation bar, shorter "recent posts" list, and the changes to the user profile layout, especially the status updates. Overall, I just liked the old forum software better.

• Brohoof 1

Like:

1. Very responsive design, which is important in the days of people accessing sites on everything. Mobile design should be a first nowadays.

Dislike:

2. Like Mentis said, very hard to skin it without looking the same as all other IPB4 forums.

• Brohoof 1