Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite part about the Brony fandom.

Raven Drakeaurd

On 21/4/2017 at 0:29 PM, Trotteur Funeste said:

I know right !? Plus the brony fandom is pretty unknow where I live so people exagerate and they often think I'm the only one to do it :D

Ahh yes you have my same problem. But before anything else.... what did you do to your profile pic!!! XD I totally felt violated by those eyes so it's cool :lol:

• Brohoof 2

54 minutes ago, Misty Shimmer said:

Ahh yes you have my same problem. But before anything else.... what did you do to your profile pic!!! XD I totally felt violated by those eyes so it's cool :lol:

Yeah some countries doesn't know our existence ! I censored myself since I'm in a Mod queue, it's like a punishment of the moderator for having posting idiotic content. So to laught about that, I censored myself.

• Brohoof 1

The question is what do we mean by least favourite? Clop has been brought up a few times, but that's just part of any fandom, and there is nothing wrong with it existing. That is not to say it appeals to me, but that does not mean it is a bad thing. Similarly I think someone brought up others looking too deeply into the show. Now as a member of the analysis community, I will defend it to its death, but I understand deep theoretical/analytical thinking about the show is not for everyone. Equally however, it never did any harm to any individual. Some may personally dislike it, but that is not the same as condemning something as being wholly negative.

Well, I'm not fond of the over analysis, and shoefeeding headcanons as if they where actual canon. But what I like the least is that,  if a part of the fandom dislike something, they blow it out of proportion :dry: 

• Brohoof 3

I got a Nazi brony friend.

I got a clopper brony friend.

I have a brony friend that is extremely edgy

Myself is my only friend.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:41 AM, Trotteur Funeste said:

It reputation. People think we crazy, autist, I even hear someone saying zoophile, but that's for the clopers.

Honestly it kinda make me laugh because some people are claiming "it's 2017 and we have to move on" speakind about tolerance against gay people, racism etc etc... but when it comes to brony, suddenly everything disapear, we're just "weird"

Cloppers aren't usually zoophilic, they just see beyond physical form, until they then "like" the physical form, and go with it. Some people prefer muscle and such, (physical form), but others might prefer a mental stance.

Also, I'm the kind of guy who can view stuff from multiple prospectives, and yes. The fandom is extremely weird if you think about it. Weird ≠ bad

• Brohoof 1

terrible OC designs. Sorry guys, but multicoloured clashing neon coloured zebra bat pony hybrids with red eyes and scars or mechanical limbs just dont do it for me. I see it as an insult to character designs. You'll only get away with it if you are under 8 years old. 

• Brohoof 2

Like in any fandom I don't like the fringe elements that make a fandom seem weird or out there. I also don't like people who are hostile if you don't like their favorite character or episode. It's fine if you like/dislike something without turning things into a flame war!

I dislike the kind of bronies that make such a big deal of liking the show. The ones that "come out" as bronies for example which is just ridiculous - one way to make the fandom sound a lot worse every time.

And also the way some people get so overprotective about their favorite characters and get offended when you don't like their favorites. While it's pretty amusing to watch at times, it also gets tiring pretty quickly.

19 minutes ago, Applejacket said:

For me, the dreaded

Rainbow Dash Fanbase

*Shudders*

I actually like the fact that the range of characters is wide enough that there is a Pony for every subset of fan, no matter how obsessive, and that includes RD Fans. I like it less though when they demand that new and fresh episodes focussed on their fave pony are forthcoming, but no character development or change should be permitted because their pony is already perfect....

(edited)

The Draco In Leather Pants- and/or Ron The Death Eater-invokers.

E.g., "Chrysalis is just a misguided Woobie, and/or Celestia is incompetent and/or a tyrant!"

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really have a lot to dislike about the fandom. I'm mostly okay with everything.

The fact that some Bronies force the fandom down peoples throats... It just makes the normal Bronies look bad, you don't need to scream at the top of your lungs that you're a Brony, there is being proud, and then there is being obnoxious.

• Brohoof 2

On 30-6-2017 at 5:14 PM, Kyoshi said:

The extreme self-loathing aspect. By that, I mean the ones that want to find any reason to think lesser of the fandom while still being in the fandom. Anti-Brony bronies basically.

I hate this too. If you don't like the show or/of fandom anymore, don't try to confince other people that it isn't fun anymore. :)

The reaction of the super fav fan when you say you don't like their favorite pony,  they just flip out like a druggy needing their crack rants in defending their cannon and etc....

• Brohoof 1

On 6/14/2017 at 9:31 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I'm not fond of the over analysis, and shoefeeding headcanons as if they where actual canon. But what I like the least is that,  if a part of the fandom dislike something, they blow it out of proportion :dry: 

By overanalysis, do you mean things like theories about the ponies being the real villains?

10 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

By overanalysis, do you mean things like theories about the ponies being the real villains?

Not necessarily, it means that they note and strongly criticize many far-fetched stuff, like something in later episodes contradicting specific frames at episode x, minute xx :dry:  

• Brohoof 1

Pinkamena being a psychotic killer. Might as well put all the gore, violent stuff in there too. 

The Starlight hating.

Saying that the CMCs as a character, means nothing anymore after earning their Cutie Marks. 

Proclaiming in being "married" to a certain pony. 

Wondering whenever or not the show would ever end. I get it, all good things must come to an end but it's not the end of the world. 

Some terrible and/or inappropriate YouTube fan-made videos. I don't want younger viewers or fans to find them out. Sadly though...

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Star Trail said:

Proclaiming in being "married" to a certain pony.

Oh I can definitely agree - if they only knew that the pony they've "married" isn't capable of feeling the same way towards them. :D