Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could Starlight be starting her own Mane Six?

FlareGun45

With Starlight sharing an episode with Trixie, and another with Maud, that's two unicorns and one earth pony so far! She just needs another earth pony and two pegasi, and she can make her own Alternate Mane Six! Got any guesses on who the other three members might be? I really have the feeling Lightning Dust is gonna be one of the pegasi!

Even though Discord and Thorax were part of Starlight's team to rescue Equestria's royalty and heroes, I consider Discord more of a friend of Fluttershy than anyone else's, and Thorax being more of a friend of Spike than anyone else, so I don't think those two are gonna be part of Starlight's Mane Six. Maybe those two can be saved for Spike's Mane Six filled with non-ponies (unless Big Mac is part of it).

So what do you think of Starlight getting her own Mane Six group, and who do you think might be the other three members?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I can see it happening, I mean, I don't think they made her friends with Maud for no reason.

I can see it going Starlight, Trixie, Maud, and other three possibly being Coco, Lightning Dust, and...I have a trouble thinking of a sixth member, I want to say Moondancer, but I don't know if the staff will go with 3 unicorns while having only one pegasus...

EDIT: I just don't see them using Discord, Thorax or Sunburst for this

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it's defiantly possible she is starting an alternate mane six. However, it could just as easily be a mane three or mane four.

Nothing really forces it to be mane six

Also crosses fingers for coco being another starlight friend. 

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1

Because most of the current writers haven't watched any episodes from before Glim Glam was introduced, the answer is almost definitely yes. Which sucks, because I really dislike Glimmer and Trixie, but from the point of the writers it makes sense because they don't have to watch any previous episodes to make sure they get the characters right.

Probably, though I'm not sure if it's going to be all pony, as Thorax, Gilda, Discord, and Gabby are also possible candidates. As for ponies, I'd keep an eye on Coco Pommel, Sunburst, Saffron Masala, maybe Flim and Flam or Rara. 

Lawl Lightning Dust, one of the few ponies that still needs redemption...

It's possible, although it doesn't seem like there's very much between here and Maud at the moment at least...

Heck it'd be cool if this lead into some sort of spin-off series, although personally I couldn't see Starlight as a comfy leader of a group of friends... at the moment at least...

41 minutes ago, Ra1nbowCrasH said:

Because most of the current writers haven't watched any episodes from before Glim Glam was introduced,

How do you know what they have and haven't watched?

And sure, they could be... but I dunno.. i kinda doubt it. I think they are just trying to give Starlight her own circle of friends to hang out with. Maybe they are trying to create a second group though for some purpose, who really knows? As it stand they have trouble keeping up with one Mane 6, much less 2 of them.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, GrimGrimoire said:

And sure, they could be... but I dunno.. i kinda doubt it. I think they are just trying to give Starlight her own circle of friends to hand out with. Maybe they are trying to create a second group though for some purpose, who really knows? As it stand they have trouble keeping up with one Mane 6, much less 2 of them.

He doesn't, and he's obviously wrong as there is lots of throwbacks to way back. He's just mad because he doesn't recent episodes of the show. 

9 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Probably, though I'm not sure if it's going to be all pony, as Thorax, Gilda, Discord, and Gabby are also possible candidates. As for ponies, I'd keep an eye on Coco Pommel, Sunburst, Saffron Masala, maybe Flim and Flam or Rara. 

Speaking of Rara, she got a brief mention in Episode 4 of the current season. Probably doesn't mean anything, but it shows the writers haven't forgotten about her.

Anyways, here's my idea. Of course there are 3 unicorns, 1 earth pony, and 2 non-ponies, but who says there needs to be the same balance as the "main" Mane 6?

Magic - Starlight Glimmer

Loyalty - Trixie

Generosity - Sunburst

Kindness - Thorax

Honesty - Maud Pie

Laughter - Discord

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

He doesn't, and he's obviously wrong as there is lots of throwbacks to way back. He's just mad because he doesn't recent episodes of the show. 

Well, he could be right to. The writers are the only ones who know where they are taking the series. Maybe they are planning a spin off show? Maybe they are replacing the mane 6? Maybe they just want to double the cast? Who knows? I don't see them creating a new mane 6 though to keep in the current context of the show... just because that is too many main characters to keep track of. They struggle with 6 to get them all relevant episodes, plus find time to have them do stuff together.... could you imagine if that number went to 10-12? Gadzooks... that would be impossible to keep up with.

(edited)

While unlikely, it could happen that she'll form her own "Mane Six" group or something. I'd actually prefer that Starlight just be her own pony going around making friends everywhere she goes, like she did in Rock Solid Friendship, rather than actively looking for a new circle of friends to confine herself in  with which to define herself.

Edited by PacificGreen

I I feel the idea of the elements is a tad past its prime. For me, the original mane 6 will always be known as the elements of harmony, at least in this era of the show. As she did mention it is episode 4, I believe Starlight is just seeking friendship lessons out, if they present themselves, much like how Twilight sorta did. Friendship lessons means making friends usually, so it all makes sense in that regard. no doubt her new friends could play a role in the finale, but as elements? I doubt that.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

And sure, they could be... but I dunno.. i kinda doubt it. I think they are just trying to give Starlight her own circle of friends to hang out with. Maybe they are trying to create a second group though for some purpose, who really knows? As it stand they have trouble keeping up with one Mane 6, much less 2 of them.

There was a tweet from MA Larson mentioning it. If I recall correctly it played a role in him leaving the show.

I don't get why everyone is saying Thorax and Discord. Did you know their friendships with Starlight wouldn't have happened without Spike and Fluttershy respectedly? I guess Discord expanding his horizons is fine, I mean Discord and Fluttershy interacted for more than one episode, but Thorax and Spike only interacted for one episode, and now everyone is saying Thorax is Starlight's friend now? While I have no problem of the two being friends, nobody should forget Starlight hated him at first, and Spike always liked him (not counting their very first meeting). Wouldn't seem right for Starlight to just steal Thorax from him.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Well, he could be right to. The writers are the only ones who know where they are taking the series. Maybe they are planning a spin off show? Maybe they are replacing the mane 6? Maybe they just want to double the cast? Who knows? I don't see them creating a new mane 6 though to keep in the current context of the show... just because that is too many main characters to keep track of. They struggle with 6 to get them all relevant episodes, plus find time to have them do stuff together.... could you imagine if that number went to 10-12? Gadzooks... that would be impossible to keep up with.

I mean he's wrong in that the show writers haven't seen any of the older episodes in the series. They clearly have.