Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You wake up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. What's the first thing you do?

Wardaddy

Get to the garage to take anything that can be used as a weapon such as the machete, sledgehammer, then board the doors and windows. And just wait it out.

TIf these are the type of zombies that don't eat, drink and can't feel, I'd give them a month at most until their muscoskeletal system is unable to function. At that point it doesn't matter if their nervous system is powered by magic. Their muscles would turn to jerky in this climate! Especially in the sunny and dry summer months. If this zombie apocalypse happened in the rainy season when there are a lot of bugs, it's going to be maggot mayhem. It won't take long before they're reduced to bare bones by the explosion in the fly population and all those bugs are going to be hungry! Sounds pretty disgusting.

(edited)

Do up my dad's Land Rover Defender Mad Max style, grab my billhook, bayonet and longbow, load up this on the radio and make for Exmoor.

Or maybe go for MOD Ashchurch. Stuff in there that'd scare off even a whole horde of zombies.

Edited by ForthEorl

Make my way to the nearest gun store, grab all the gunpowder, run to the nearest walmart, grab all the gasoline and sulfur based solids, grab as many set of small knives that I can find, Fashion them with a single metal loop, grab as much paper/flamable fabric as possible, power gunpowder into the sac made out of durable paper or fabric interlaced with sulfur compound, Tie the sac tightly to the loop, fashion myself a modern sword, and horde myself all the food I can find.

My setup more or less is this when all said and done:

Knives fashioned into a throwable grenade, sword for close quarters combat, and plenty of food. Too many people think guns are the ultimate solution...

Guns run out of bullets eventually...Swords don't. Plus they can be resharpened if they become dull.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I would probably freak out call my family to see if they made it and then grab my crossbow and axe and leave the city's and I would raid towns for food/water and then got to the mountains and live off the land like a true Canadian 

Edited by DatBronyGuy

(edited)

I would pack my car and drive to North Dakota. It sucks there, but fun fact: in the zombie novel Day By Day Armageddon, North Dakota is the only US state that survives the outbreak almost unscathed.

Edited by GeekySonic
Typo

I would lock down the house as we have security roller shutters on every single window including the large glass sliding door that leads into the backyard. We have security a door on our front door so I would be completely safe in the house. I would probably use the axe and knife when I go out for supplies but I'll probably come across sheet metal that I could use to put armour onto my cars. Also my house is brick so the only way somebody or a zombie could get in is if they used high powered explosives to blast a hole in the wall or they could use a propane torch to slowly cut through the shutters or garage door. :)

Consider suicide. If not, look for every neccesarry thing for survival, and potentially some survivors.

• 8 months later...

I live in L.A. so it's already like a zombie apocalypse more or less. My first and best line of defense/offense would be to go around biting all the zombies I could and turning them all human. If they think zombie bites have a venomous punch, wait'll they see what a bite from me can do. They don't know the meaning of venom yet! 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Start gathering my things up and packing, find something around the house/garage I could use as a weapon, and then raid the nearest gun store and Walmart, stock up what I find in my truck and get the heck outta dodge. Go someplace where there's good trees that way I can live in them. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I would check to see if the zombies managed to break into my home. If they didn’t, I would hide in my basement and bring my cell phone with its charger.

Pfft! I would need a brain for them to be a threat!

Seriously though. I would start working on some way to lay them all to rest. They might be animated corpses, but they were once people. It wouldn't be right to leave them that way. Ideally I would try to make some sort of flaming melee weapon along with some proper armour and establish a sanctuary. Hunt the dead while rested and return to the sanctuary to recover. When one region has been laid to rest, I'd move onto the next and establish another sanctuary. I'd pretty much end up living the morbid existence of some sort of mad priestess or paladin. :mlp_blink:

• 8 months later...