Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"How to stop being an adult" thread

Sarge Sixteenbit

Basically we describe our ideas for a day in which we cut loose for a day and create some childhood nodtalgia

One idea I had involved getting some dinosaur chicken nuggets, smiling tater tots and a bottle of mixed sodas, then sitting down for some viewings of Pokemon frim the cumfort of a pillow fort.

• Brohoof 2

How to stop being an adult?.... have you tried placing the Master Sword back in the Temple of Time?

Anyways the closest I can really get to feeling like a kid again is playing Gamecube games. I was obsessed with the Gamecube as a kid until I discovered online gaming. One of these days I should get a Switch and buy some Gamecube games from my childhood.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sarcastic and Insane Advice:

Be able to be 'unable' to control your bowels and bladder. Also, perceive the concept of sex and couples making out incredibly disgusting e.g. swapping spit.

Realistic Advice:

Watch cartoons and play video games that you played as a child. Done. :lol: 

Edited by ZethaPonderer

I'm not even an adult yet but still a really nostalgic person nonetheless. I enjoy the feeling of nostalgy a lot. A way I've found to recreate those childhood memories is through video games, as a kid I really used to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog games, so playing them today brings back so many memories, they helped me with depression back in 2016, simply by replaying them.

The most common thing I do that falls in that category is doing childish expressions and effeminate mannerisms in private. Yeah, at home I'm pretty loose up, and do other stuff I'm told over and over again that I'm too big to do now :dry: .  

I think one of the few benefits to being an adult and living on your own is you don't have to adult during the evenings if you don't want to.

My laptop has games plus mlp and similar on it, I have two LARGE carrier bags full of junk food (one of various savory things ,and one of chocolate), six identical outfits that amount to pjs you can wear outside (long sleeved grey t-shirt and jogging pants) and half my disposable income goes on random gadgets of no practical value destined to be given away or stored in plastic storage boxes indefinitely.

Couldn't have gotten away with half of this as a kid :D

On 04/07/2017 at 4:29 AM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Anyways the closest I can really get to feeling like a kid again is playing Gamecube games. I was obsessed with the Gamecube as a kid until I discovered online gaming. One of these days I should get a Switch and buy some Gamecube games from my childhood.

Didn't have a gamecube (although I still have my N64 and Wii) - Been playing the SNES emulator a fair bit though since I discovered they did usb joypads molded to look identical to the originals. Getting a bunch of adults together for Super Bomberman 3 as a drinking game rocks....

• Brohoof 1

Cinnamon Toast Crunch... WITH chocolate milk.

Reeboks.  With Neon Leon laces.

Transformers pajamas - 1980's cartoon version, complete with Optimus Prime of the front.

Old floor-based television set; the kind that takes three people to move.

Old-Skool Boom Box, with a cassette featuring the dulcet sounds of Quiet Riot and Motley Crue.

Nintendo Entertainment System, with MegaMan 2 game inserted.

AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAH...

• Brohoof 1

mlp,Nintendo,arcades,trampoline park,

lol this is what I do in the kid zone 

lol last week me and squad went into a play place  ^_^ ill never forget the looks people gave us but who cares we had fun

I'd break out the coloring books and color them in with my stuffed panda, Florrie, in a tent made from a blanket tucked into a dresser drawer in my room and propped up with a chair (which also makes a good shelf for juice boxes inside the tent!) :love: 

• Brohoof 1

Up at college on weekends when I didn't have homework to worry about, I would occasionally sleep in extremely late and spend my entire day binging cartoons with best friend while indulging in junk food and soda. 'Twas always fun and it was our favorite way to forget about adulthood for a little while. :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand the question. I can watch cartoons and play vidya games or play walk outside with friends as mush as I want ^-^

For me to be kid is the same plus ask mom when I should be home XD.

Your very adult pone, Crypty.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I am not held responsible if you dare to do something as stupid as this.

Fling your poop around like a madman chimpanzee. That's what the cool kids do. B) 100% guaranteed you're sooo NOT an adult.

Edited by ZethaPonderer

• 1 month later...

For me, I would rewatch all those old horror movies that I loved as a kid - Tremors, Signs, The Grudge, etc. All while sipping a very delicious Dr. Pepper float, cuddled up with blankets, and an adorable plushie for company. Of course, a good ol' game of tag or nostalgic board games would do just fine as well.

Or I could just mess around and play with Legos all day.

• Brohoof 1

I play with hotwheels, buy 25¢ candy from the dispenser, play with rocks and other weird little things that still make me feel like a kid again! 

I didn't realize it until now and I still feel like being a kid sometimes. 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

For me, I would rewatch all those old horror movies that I loved as a kid - Tremors, Signs, The Grudge, etc. All while sipping a very delicious Dr. Pepper float, cuddled up with blankets, and an adorable plushie for company. Of course, a good ol' game of tag or nostalgic board games would do just fine as well.

Or I could just mess around and play with Legos all day.

Exactly HOW young were you when you saw those movies?

Anyway, fun story about legos: When I would play with them at my grandma's house, I would do this thing where I would make crappy-looking giant robots, but then take the legs from the minifigs and use them as joints. That way, my robots could have bendable arms and legs.

6 hours ago, Star Mist said:

I play with hotwheels, buy 25¢ candy from the dispenser, play with rocks and other weird little things that still make me feel like a kid again! 

I didn't realize it until now and I still feel like being a kid sometimes. 

I, too had a ton of Hotwheels (and other off brand toy cars) as a kid. However, instead of using them for their intended purpose, I would arrange a death tornament in which I would send the cars colliding into eachother. The ones that flipped over lost.

• Brohoof 1

As many others already said, revisiting old favorite cartoons and games is a good idea, and the same applies to music. The longer it has been since you last experienced them, the better.

The sad thing, though, is that some are memories are best left as memories. For me, this is especially true of cartoons – most of the shows I enjoyed as a kid look boring or awful now. Choose carefully.

• Brohoof 1