Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Synopsis for Uncommon Bond.

CastletonSnob

We FINALLY got a synopsis for episode 24.

Spoiler

When Starlight gets a visit from Sunburst, she discovers that he has tons in common with her friends and starts to wonder if he still has anything in common with her.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 3

@VG_Addict

Please actually write the synopsis in the spoiler box. The link is taking me to a website where I have to answer a few question that I don't know the answer instead of just giving me the synopsis.

Please tell me what I need to do to see the synopsis.

EDIT: Nevermind, I clicked the link again and it actually showed it. :P

Still don't like how the link worked. :dry:

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Link worked

Sure, more Starlight. You have fun with that, I guess. Although, I feel like Starlight has awkwardly shifted between being friends with the mane six and lacking a connection with them all season, and I no longer understand how the show wants me to feel about her.

• Brohoof 3

It's really weird having yet another Starlight episode, and yet Spike and Discord only got one. This makes Starlight's fourth or fifth episode this season! Look, I like Starlight and all, but the writers are just shoving her in our faces now. I'm starting to get tired of her.

Next season, writers, please focus more on characters who actually NEED more attention!

Maybe this might not be so bad. Spike is among Starlight's friends! Maybe Sunburst will bond with him too! And Trixie, and Maud as well!

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

It's really weird having yet another Starlight episode, and yet Spike and Discord only got one. This makes Starlight's fourth or fifth episode this season! Look, I like Starlight and all, but the writers are just shoving her in our faces now. I'm starting to get tired of her.

Next season, writers, please focus more on characters who actually NEED more attention!

Maybe this might not be so bad. Spike is among Starlight's friends! Maybe Sunburst will bond with him too! And Trixie, and Maud as well!

I was really hoping for a Discord episode. :orly: Hopefully he is in the finale or has some more episodes in season 8.

Just now, Hierok said:

I was really hoping for a Discord episode. :orly: Hopefully he is in the finale or has some more episodes in season 8.

John de Lancie confirmed two Discord episodes next season! But only so far! ;) He probably was just recorded for the first half the season! He might have more for the second half!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

John de Lancie confirmed two Discord episodes next season! But only so far! ;) He probably was just recorded for the first half the season! He might have more for the second half!

I really hope so. I miss the days Discord had like 2 or 3 episodes in the season. :grin:

Just now, Hierok said:

I really hope so. I miss the days Discord had like 2 or 3 episodes in the season. :grin:

Yeah, same with Spike. Those two need some more attention, because they're the most mysterious recurring characters on the show right now. I'd like to see next season focus mostly on these two, and certain other characters that need more attention; like characters who interacted with one particular Mane Six member, like Lightning Dust or Suri!

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Yeah, same with Spike. Those two need some more attention, because they're the most mysterious recurring characters on the show right now. I'd like to see next season focus mostly on these two, and certain other characters that need more attention; like characters who interacted with one particular Mane Six member, like Lightning Dust or Suri!

I think Lightning should come back, but only as non reformed villain. I will be disappointed if she gets reformed. ;)

Discord and above all, Spike need to have some more story to their origins and such. 

• Brohoof 1

YES, YES, I wanted a StarBurst episode :love: i thought DHX just forget about that guy, he is Starlight's childhood friend for Celestia sake, she ruined Equestria just because this guy :fiery:. I hope 'Starlight's friends' dont get too much screentime, i want more screentime for Starlight and Sunburst friendship, are they still the same as they were kids? or everything changed now? And why its called An Uncommon Bond? This episode looks more interesting than i thought, they better get good writers for this (i will be pissed if they fuck this ep somehow)

Another ep to my hype list.

• Brohoof 2

@Batbrony

You remember our conversation? About all the crack theories?

:P

Anyway, Celestial Advice showed Starlight with Sunburst in Twilight's fantasy spell, and we had appearances and interactions with SG and the others who appeared in the fantasy ... so I'm not shocked. This was one of the legitimate contenders. Starlight is now a main character in this show and by and large has been pretty solid this season. 

Basically, I'm okay with this idea. They needed an episode together because Sunburst is a character that is intricately connected to Starlight's past and while we saw them reconnect over a year ago, that episode warrants a follow-up now that Starlight has her own arc and growth. So it makes sense. 

I do want Spike to accompany her on this trip. He was there in the Season Six premiere and was instrumental in helping to reconnect the two so it makes sense to include him here too, and would go a long way to filling im some absences he had this season. Besides, Spike was the first character who I felt had a legitimate rapport with Starlight. 

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again, the writers don't sacrifice a good story idea for parity. Thank God for small favors. 

Also, Starlight Glimmer ... this officially elevates you to main character status in my head. No denying it now. :D

sig-3552966.sig-3552966.full.gif

• Brohoof 7

Oh!

Missed that Sunburst is going to Ponyville. Still want Spike to be there next to her as a that character that Starlight with audibly voice concern to. 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

You remember our conversation? About all the crack theories?

:P

What are those 'crack theories' i am so curious now :o

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Celestial Advice showed Starlight with Sunburst in Twilight's fantasy spell,

Jesus, Twilight reached Celestia's level of prophecy :nom: her overthinking has foreseen the future, i expect no less from mini-Celestia.

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Basically, I'm okay with this idea. They needed an episode together because Sunburst is a character that is intricately connected to Starlight's past and while we saw them reconnect over a year ago, that episode warrants a follow-up now that Starlight has her own arc and growth. So it makes sense.

Will their bond become stronger than ever or things has changed, they have to move on to do their own things (i doubt they will go that route but it would be cool if they did).

StarBurst comeback to challenge more superior StarTrix, StarMaud ships? Is it too late now? :(Because childhood friends dont nessesary to be best friend forever, can Starlight accept this harsh reality and move on? The ship was sailed, the bitter journey await with too many regrets :blush:, stay tuned for UNCOMMON BONDS (You should write a letter for him that day, Starlight Glimmer, it's YOUR FAULTS):angry:

• Brohoof 2

This episode seems like it has potential. I think Sunburst is a likable enough character, from the relatively little we've seen of him, and the premise seems relatable. Plus, it appears that this episode won't involve Starlight misusing magic, which has figured prominently in several of her past episodes. The question for me is whether "[Starlight's] friends" means the Mane Six, or whether it means Trixie, Maud, et al. I think I've had more than enough of Trixie's, and maybe even Maud's, antics at this point, so I would probably rather have the episode not involve them.

• Brohoof 4

Well, I was expecting a connection with a legendary pony or two :huh:. Oh well, I don't remember a season whose episode before the finale isn't a SoL, and Sunburst kinda needs some attention anyway :dash:

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Music Chart Fan said:

The question for me is whether "[Starlight's] friends" means the Mane Six, or whether it means Trixie, Maud, et al. I think I've had more than enough of Trixie's, and maybe even Maud's, antics at this point, so I would probably rather have the episode not involve them.

Good point. I like Maud and Trixie, but I would prefer we see the Mane Six as her friend group in this as the show still has some work to do with creating meaningful bonds between Starlight and most of the Mane Six. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I was expecting a connection with a legendary pony or two

We still may get this. @Dark Qiviut and I were discussing this and he mentioned something about how the comics have Sunburst studying the Legends. In that discussion I speculated that they could use this as his reason for the visit, and reason he has something in common with the other characters. It's a clever way to tie that theme into this story idea.

• Brohoof 6

22 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Good point. I like Maud and Trixie, but I would prefer we see the Mane Six as her friend group in this as the show still has some work to do with creating meaningful bonds between Starlight and most of the Mane Six. 

We still may get this. @Dark Qiviut and I were discussing this and he mentioned something about how the comics have Sunburst studying the Legends. In that discussion I speculated that they could use this as his reason for the visit, and reason he has something in common with the other characters. It's a clever way to tie that theme into this story idea.

Makes sense, considering Sunburst is researching each of these ponies' lives after their heroics in the comics 

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

She's had two episodes, All Bottled Up and To Change A Changeling. This is only her third. And I'd say To Change A Changeling doesn't exactly count as she isn't the focus of the episode, Thorax/Pharanx are.

Celestial Advice was a Twi/Celestia episode, Rock Solid Friendship was Pinkie/Maud, and A Royal Problem was Luna/Celestia. She had an important role in each of these, but they weren't her episodes. She has had a lot of supporting roles and quick appearances this season, but the only reason anyone even notices is because she's the new girl.

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

Also, Starlight Glimmer ... this officially elevates you to main character status in my head. No denying it now. :D

Yeah, looks like the show staff are making it clear that Starlight isn't going anywhere. I for one am happy about that, the show wouldn't be the same for me without her now.

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

She's had two episodes, All Bottled Up and To Change A Changeling. This is only her third. And I'd say To Change A Changeling doesn't exactly count as she isn't the focus of the episode, Thorax/Pharanx are.

Celestial Advice was a Twi/Celestia episode, Rock Solid Friendship was Pinkie/Maud, and A Royal Problem was Luna/Celestia. She had an important role in each of these, but they weren't her episodes. She has had a lot of supporting roles and quick appearances this season, but the only reason anyone even notices is because she's the new girl.

Yeah, looks like the show staff are making it clear that Starlight isn't going anywhere. I for one am happy about that, the show wouldn't be the same for me without her now.

Er no, A Royal Probelm was a Starlight episode just as much if nor moreso than it was a Celestia/Luna

Starlightg is an amazing character, and she has had a lot of focus this season. Which I consider a good thing.

• Brohoof 2

Sunburst wakes up one morning and realizes " WAIT I STILL EXIST!" and goes off to do something for once. 

Anyway I hope it isn't Twilight who Sunburst gets really close too because that'd be boring and obvious. I hope it's something totally out of left field like he ends up having something in common with Rarity or Rainbow Dash or Pinkie. 

If it's Starlights secondary gang of friends, then Maud, just to avoid the massive shipping war that would incur if Sunburst became friendly with Trixie. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz