Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do they eat in your country?

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

Good morning, evenings and nights! :fluttershy: I need your help ... :please: my mother is doing a chef course, soon she will graduate... :squee: and needs to prepare an international dish for her graduation ... the fact is that we do not know which country to choose and the internet does not help us much... :( so if you can give us some typical dishes from your countries I would appreciate it very much. :rarity:

I need ... an entrée, a main dish, a dessert and a drink. (the drink can be alcoholic or not)

in advance thank you very much for reading :rarity: and I await your comments! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Well I think here in Finland some typical foods include Liver casserole, Macaroni casserole, Pea soup and Meatballs potatoes are quite frequent too and sausages.

For desserts I think something like karelian pasty or some kind of pie would be kinda alright but not overly traditional

Some of the traditional drinks here include low alcoholic beer and maybe Sima

Additional info here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_cuisine

Actually Karelian pasty is more like an entree now that I think about it better desserts would be Profiterole or French toast or something like that I actually don't eat that much desserts so I don't really know there is also a Runeberg torte which is more traditional. 

If you go American you gotta go with something like a big huge Burger, with a bug huge drink, which would probably be some type of a flavored tea or beer, and a big huge bowl of ice cream. And even after all that, we Americans are still hungry-

image.jpeg.89a218c443fdd2178b40e8f78b56b40e.jpegImage result for lots of fries

Or lots and lots of deep fried anything, anything deep fried is really good ^_^

• Brohoof 2

@King of Canterlot You have no idea how much I love American food :D fried foods are the best, maybe fattening ... but I would be a happy fat woman. :wub:

Pitifully burgers do not serve us since it is gourmet food :huh:... even so thank you for the suggestion! :grin: Keep sending suggestions regardless of the country. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Well, in France you have a lot of things. But the dish to retain in my opinion is the beef bourguignon ! So amazingly tasty! :wub:

56293_w420h344c1cx1872cy2808.jpg

We also have the famous croissant! ;)

24713_w1024h768c1cx2747cy1872.jpg

And for the drink, why not some wine or champagne? :twi:

insolite-plus-vieux-vin-monde-8000-ans_wChampagne.png

Love my country! :wub:

Where are you from, so we can have an idea of what food might new interesting to you? America has a wide variety of foods and Americanized versions of other foods.

I think southern food is very American. BBQ, fries catfish, corn bread, greens.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I know next to nothing about Canadian cuisine, so just add bacon and maple syrup to every dish! :lol: You're eating a clam chowder? Add maple syrup and bacon! BOOM! Instantly Canadian clam chowder.

:D 

I'm kidding, of course, I do know a bit about Chinese cuisine though since I used to live in Hong Kong. In China, there really isn't such thing as an entree, but there is soup. I would say the most Chinese soup I can think of right now is a watercress soup. For the main course, usually, we have one vegetable dish, and a meat dish or two. I would recommend the white cut chicken topped on rice. For the dessert, personally I don't like it very much, but douhua is a good dessert to represent Chinese dishes. And lastly, for the drink, just hot tea is good. I mean what's more British Chinese than tea? :P 

• Brohoof 2

If you were to go American, usually southern cuisine is your best bet for originality. Maybe a flare of BBQ and Cajun.

But if you're going for Gourmet, I suggest a Ribeye steak that's soaked in a marinade or your choosing, add cracked pepper and sear on a salt block, finish it in an oven wrapped in foil with some fresh garlic and rosemary resting on top to infuse the flavors. After taking it out of the oven, let sit for 5 minutes, then uncover and rub just a little bit of homemade butter over the top, allowing the heat to melt it, and then you may cut into it. Serve with avocado butter and bacon jam, and maybe to add more of an American twist, see if you can use Elk or Bison instead of Beef.

One side dish could be traditional Mashed Potatoes, I prefer Yukon Gold but maybe the Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potato would be good. Never tried it but it's purple. If you went for fries instead, then truffle fries might be the way to go. They're just so addicting, guaranteed that they'll all be eaten.

Another side dish could be roasted vegetables. Organic carrots with their oranges, whites, yellows, reds, and purples are always nice. Get creative, just don't serve Brussel sprouts.

For the entrée, keep it simple. A wedge salad or some homemade bread with a whole roasted garlic spread. You scoop the garlic which has softened out from the skin and spread it yourself. I make very simple homemade bread all of the time. 3 cups of flour, 1.5 cups of water, pinch of salt, I think a quarter of a teaspoon of yeast, mix it all together, let sit in a bowl overnight covered by a damp cloth, in the morning knead it and constantly sprinkle flour over it till you can really maneuver it, place on parchment paper and cut a cross section on top, let it sit for half an hour, bake in a Dutch oven at 400F for 30 minutes, remove the lid and let bake for another 10 minutes, this will brown the top, remove and cut in half so steam can escape, cover with the cloth and serve sliced up when ready. Warning though, this isn't a very smooth bread so the cutting won't be the cleanest.

The internet suggested a Rosé wine for Bison, which is fitting I think because it's a white wine that often has a reddish coloring to it as the process extracts some of the pigment from the grape skins, which just sounds rugged. Also coke in the glass bottle because it's the most American beverage

For dessert, try miniature rose petal pies and maybe mix the apple slices with crushed up blackberries. This will dye them and add additional flavor. I use Honey Crisp apples mostly. mix cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla into your pie dough. You could at rose or orange blossom water as well. Sprinkle brown sugar, raw sugar, and pour a little maple syrup over the petals before baking.

• Brohoof 1

Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and a lot of BBQ food is popular here in the United States.