Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Group 7 - Sweet Apple Acres

luftschloss
Message added by Jeric

Winners

Applejack 

Twilight Velvet

Always had a fondness for Screwball. The PMV Daddy Discord was one of the things that caught my attention about this fandom. :) 

Goooooo, Screwball!

• Brohoof 5

Applejack, Cheese Sandwich, and Twilight Velvet got the votes this time around.

I mean come on; Twilight Velvet is BADASS!!! :D

• Brohoof 3

Tougher round this time!

Applejack is a given. I mean come on. Yeah, she is my least favorite Mane Six pony. But she has her charm she is iconic. While I mostly see myself in Twilight, I do also share AJ's work ethic and appreciation for family.

75f.png

Screwball is one of those really eccentric ponies who doesn't exactly have a defined personality within the show's canon, but has an entertaining mythos within the fandom. She gets my vote!

screwball__who_is_that_pony__by_starfox3

And finally... sorry Cheese Sandwich. The Twilight Sparkle fan within me is just begging me to vote for that other Twilight, Twilight Velvet. She doesn't appear much. And she doesn't speak much when she does appear. But consider this: if it weren't for Velvet and Night Light, we wouldn't have Best Pony :twi:, would we?

e32eb463181bdcba33838c7111e18053.png

• Brohoof 3

Well how about that. Looks like a race between Twilight Velvet and Cheese for #2. 

Twilight Velvet

medium.png

One of the best elements of Season 7 were that we got to see some development with three sets of the Mane Six's parents, and Twilight Velvet capped that off nicely. In a very short period of time, she grabbed our attention with her adventurous and wild nature. She also exhibited some of the best attributes of being a mother when she switched gears to focus on her son, Shining. Since we never got to see Applejack's parents actually parenting, I think Mrs. Velvet is probably the most well rounded parent of the group. She absolutely deserves to be in the running here, and I think she may do Twilight proud. 

• Brohoof 2

Cheese Sandwich

the_super_duper_party_pony__by_alicornpa

More than a simple gender swapped version of Pinkie Pie, Cheese represents one of the hallmarks of this show -- that we can inspire others to positive action. Pinkie Pie's mirthful celebrations in her youth helped Cheese find his calling and spread his own brand of fun throughout Equestria. It also doesn't hurt that he is voiced by Weird Al. ;)

Will we every see him in a voiced role again? Who knows? All I can say is that I'll be the first one in line to that party. 

• Brohoof 3

Let's give some love to the first handicap-able pony to be featured in the show, Stellar Eclipse! A OC made by a fan of the show and thanks to the make a wish foundation, not only got to be featured, but got to be voiced by his creator. Props to DHX for making a young fans dreams come true.. 

Image result for stellar eclipse

• Brohoof 3

I finally got the approval to host a series of giveaways or raffles based around activity in the thread (like I used to with the MCM). Before I start announcing anything like that, there are only two ways I know how to track participation in this thread and I wanted to see what would be more palatable with all of you ... 

I could do so based on actual posts ... or make the voting public so I can track it that way. Both have pros and cons. One is more passive but you give up anonymity, and one would require a person to actually post (content doesn't matter) which may feel like it's pushing people to do more than they normally would. 

Thoughts? 

• Brohoof 2
19 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I finally got the approval to host a series of giveaways or raffles based around activity in the thread (like I used to with the MCM). Before I start announcing anything like that, there are only two ways I know how to track participation in this thread and I wanted to see what would be more palatable with all of you ... 

I could do so based on actual posts ... or make the voting public so I can track it that way. Both have pros and cons. One is more passive but you give up anonymity, and one would require a person to actually post (content doesn't matter) which may feel like it's pushing people to do more than they normally would. 

Thoughts? 

I personally don’t mind if people see who I vote for. It’s just for fun, right? And if it means some quieter people don’t get left out on the chance for prizes, I’m all for it.

• Brohoof 3
20 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Thoughts? 

There's a very simple solution:

Image result for why not both mlp

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's mommy is a Kreygasm.jpg.e2f4c6281b6f0d3ecc2b55f5ffdff699.jpg She has my vote Kreygasm.jpg.e2f4c6281b6f0d3ecc2b55f5ffdff699.jpg What now Cheese fanfoals Kappa.png.ddc960cdb9530f11204ad0397582e06a.png

On the opposite side, that competition between a burning bird and a dead horse is intense and I voted for both. Yes, I, Goat-kun, have committed grand treason Kappa.png.ddc960cdb9530f11204ad0397582e06a.png

... I mean, sure, I voted a bird and a corpse but at least I voted for memorable background items

BCP.jpg.dbe95d7dfefb8a1dd997b1933fdbd3ff.jpg

• Brohoof 3

These last two rounds have been kinda quiet, huh?

Sure, aside from Cloud flirting with Spitfire every other minute.

Oh that's just Cloud being Cloud, you know that.

True, but I can only imagine that Spitfire will only be able to take soooooooooooo many compliments about how she, eh, "looks" in her jumpsuit before she snaps.

What can I say, ladies, I'm a lover, not a fighter. :toldya:

Oh gosh, you were listening?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm.

You be on your best behavior, Cloud.  You two gotta focus if you're gonna make it far in the tourney together!

No promises, but I'll try.

I suppose that's the best we can hope for from Ponyville's resident nymphomaniac.

To be fair, even I'd be getting distracted if Spitfire were on my team.

Geeze, you've been quite for awhile Daring... and once again, how do you even know who Spitfire is?  You're a fictional character!!!

Well... uh... whoever said the Wonderbolts don't exist in my fictional universe?!

:wat:........

:lie:........

Whatever... anyways, Spitfire and Cloud were easy enough to pick.  Cloud may get around a little too much, but she also came from a military family and is on the weather team, so she's plenty athletic and in great shape.  What about today?

EVERYPONY'S FAVORITE SILLY PONY OF COURSE!!!

:huh:............

:huh:............

Mom, it's not your round today, you know that, right?

I was talking about Applejack... :okiedokieloki:

Oh! :blink:

Who thinks I'm a silly pony?!!! :angry:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Carrot, you wanna take this one?

You're on your own kid.

Damn it.

Oh, oh, oh, I think you can be silly sometimes mommy!

Awwwwwwwwww, that's adorable, muffin! :wub:

Whew...

*whispers* You owe me, Star.

What???  Ughhhhh, fine!

So yeah, Applejack's easy enough, but who else?

Well, Cheese Sandwich seems to obey the laws of physics about as much as Pinkie Pie does, so that could come in handy.

That's a good point... now about that third spot...

Uhhhhh.... I've got a suggestion.

Shining Armor?  Man, you've been quiet up till now.  But alright, shoot.

My mom.

Heh?

My mom, Twilight Velvet.  I know this is hard to believe, but she's kinda an adrenaline junkie.

:wat:...............

large.png

Really?

YES REALLY!!  Ughhhhhh, dad, help me out here?

Heh?  Oh sorry son, was just busy enjoying White Tail Woods.  What did ya need?

I'm telling these guys that they need to vote for mom because she's a total wild child and they don't believe me!

Oh yes, it's true, she's QUITE the spitfire!  Loves getting her thrills wherever she can.  And I do mean WHEREVER! :smug:

See, what did I tell ya- wait, what?

Huh?

Ew...

Oh dear... DINKY, EARS!!!

I'm talking about bedroom anti-

Yeah, I... don't worry, I think we got that... unfortunately. 

Just... just vote for my mom, OK!  Now I'm... I'm gonna go over there and cry.

Oh don't be such a prude, son, who are you to talk?  You're married to the feathering Princess of Love!

Oh for Celestia's sake, it's bad enough I'm thinking about you and mom and... that, now you're telling me you've thought of me and Cadance!!  EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Man, Twilight has a bucking weird family...

I'm married to a guy who travels through time and space, and... yeah, I can't really argue with that.

1554542__safe_screencap_night+light_twilight+velvet_once+upon+a+zeppelin_spoiler-colon-s07e22_affection_animated_camera_cute_-colon-d_daaaaaaaaaaaw_daw.gif

They are pretty cute, though. :kindness:

• Brohoof 5
15 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

There's a very simple solution:

Image result for why not both mlp

You mean two separate groups of prize based events ... one for those that post and one for those that vote? Not a bad idea. 

Also, I'm running errands like crazy today so the next Groups will run as scheduled, but the Tie Breaker will be listed on the next free day instead. 

7 hours ago, MontagnaMagica said:

Aw, man... First time I missed my votes. Songbird Serenade got left behind? Sad!

No worries, she made the Wild Card. 

AJ and Momma Sparkle move on!

Cheese, Songbird, Screwball, and Philomena will battle it out for the final spot. 

• Brohoof 3
  • The title was changed to Group 7 - Sweet Apple Acres