Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Hate The Mane 6

AndrewKnapp
Message added by Jeric

Watched Topic. Careful of the landmines.

:mlp_smug:

There are ponies in MLP: FiM that I hate a lot. Maybe even more than I hate Rarity. And yes, I'm also not too big of a fan of Pinkie Pie or Applejack. It seems that Twilight is the only member of the Mane 6 that knows what she's doing (and even she has her flaws!)

But more specifically, I hate Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Fluttershy is nothing but a scared little wimp, and Rainbow Dash just absolutely LOVES to pick fights with just about anypony else. Rarity is an over-the-top drama queen who manipulates the male ponies into doing stuff for her (not anything bad, but still!).

And I swear to Celestia above, there is no character worse than Pinkie Pie (yes, maybe even worse than Fluttershy and Skittles). Does she have the world's worst case of ADHD? It's no wonder she's the main character in every grimdark!

Twilight is pretty much the only main character who actually knows how to do stuff. Oh, wait a minute: she's scared of FREAKIN' QUESIDILLAS AND is the LITERAL DEFINITION OF A WORST CASE SCENARIO!! WRONG!!!

Can Hasbro please make Spike a pony??? Cause he's the only main character that's right in the head...

• Brohoof 2

Preemptive Administration Note

When responding to this thread do so with calm, and remember, even unpopular deviant outliers of opinions don't have any impact on your personal enjoyment of the show, and the show itself. If you feel yourself about to respond in anger and insults, best to ignore this topic. And don't worry, staff is following it.

:)

• Brohoof 11

My issue with the mane six is that they made some of them jump the shark too soon, and is becoming evident they don't know what to do with their characters now. The ideal goal is one that is always a tiny bit away, one that is not achievable, at least until the very end, for the purpose of the story depends upon this objective.

Just started watching season 8, and it doesn't make sense why would they go with this school of friendship, out of the sudden, other than to force an artificial goal with the introduction of new characters.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, acknapp18 said:

Fluttershy is nothing but a scared little wimp

She is shy and afraid but also shows she can be brave when it counts 

Rainbow Dash just absolutely LOVES to pick fights with just about anypony else.

She is brash but rarely picks fights with anyone that is not a threat or bad guy. Even then its generally because she just wants to get it done not take chances that her friends are at risk 

Rarity is an over-the-top drama queen who manipulates the male ponies into doing stuff for her (not anything bad, but still!).

Yes she is an artistic savant so she has a flair for drama and is a bit prissy. And that is in no way a typical. Further manipulates? She is cute and uses it to get favors. No pony has to do it for her. They CHOOSE to. She does not threaten or use magic. She literally asks while flirting. That happens IRL and men do favors for pretty girls all the time. 

And I swear to Celestia above, there is no character worse than Pinkie Pie (yes, maybe even worse than Fluttershy and Skittles). Does she have the world's worst case of ADHD?

So she is scatter brained? She also makes it her mission in life to make people happy. People with high energy tend to go a mile a minute. I know really smart people like her and they can be frustraiting when you cant keep up but that is not their fault. 

Twilight is pretty much the only main character who actually knows how to do stuff. Oh, wait a minute: she's scared of FREAKIN' QUESIDILLAS AND is the LITERAL DEFINITION OF A WORST CASE SCENARIO!! WRONG!!!

She is a highly organized person who hates when plans go wrong. Like myself. I literally get her because her brain works like mine plans for it all and when it goes wrong stress can go off the charts. 

Can Hasbro please make Spike a pony??? Cause he's the only main character that's right in the head...

You mean the greedy child that messes things up and hides them? The one that wants to impress the same pony you dislike?

In short they all have flaws but so do people. Are they exaggerated for comedic impact? Yup but so what? Do you want them to be perfect? Get nothing wrong? Are people not drama queens irl? Are people not high energy and scatterbrained irl? Are there people who are driven mad by the lack of a plan irl? The answer is yes. So why is it an issue that they exist in the heroines of MLP?

17 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Just started watching season 8, and it doesn't make sense why would they go with this school of friendship, out of the sudden, other than to force an artificial goal with the introduction of new characters.

You mean she started a school to teach what made her powerful like Celestia started a school for ponies gifted in magic like herself? The student is imitating their beloved teacher? Why is that surprising? 

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

1254311472_1548631__safe_edit_editedscreencap_screencap_starlightglimmer_thecrystalling_animated_behavinglikeachipmunk_discord(program)_food_gif_popcor.gif.1c06ff3586ba68c29af5c532f728a17e.gif

Let me stay here while the carefully organized replies are made.

I sometimes hate the character development been forgotten for a whole season and like "HEY! Remember when Rainbow Dash like reading?" and then nothing...

If they have a brain (too harsh, I'm sorry), the episode should be even shorter, to be honest.

Oh and BTW, Celestia (not mane 6, I know)? Personality of a flippin' light bulb.

Change my mind.

Edited by A French Derpy full of Salt
  • Brohoof 1

The things you hate about the Mane 6 are really just their character flaws. All of them show admirable traits throughout the series, the reason for their occasional snottiness and over-the-top antics is because of how boring it would be if they were perfect. But I'm glad that you're offering a different point of view. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well, I feel like bringing this awesome song back out.

They all have their flaws and that's okay.

And @Jedishy gave a great answer up there. ^^^

Edited by Wholly Windcharger
  • Brohoof 8

9 minutes ago, A French Derpy full of Salt said:

Oh and BTW, Celestia (not mane 6, I know)? Personality of a flippin' light bulb.

Change my mind.

She has proven to be a wise ruler that know just which of her subjects is suited to a task and needs it to grow ( see Fluttershy and Discord ) rather than doing it herself. She is kind when ponies do things like take her pet without say so ( Fluttershy ). She also shows a sense of humor and fun by breaking up the Gala by inviting the Mane Six in the hopes that they would make it more interesting. Basically, she is the perfect ruler wise, forgiving and with a sense of fun. 

6 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

They all have their flaws and that's okay.

And @Jedishy gave a great answer up there.

Eyup on the character flaws and glad you think I gave a decent answer. 

• Brohoof 4

Ok, look. We all have different opinions. Each of the Mane 6 has her different qualities and personality. The producers created them for a reason. Because if they were all perfect, there wouldn't be any moral or lesson learned at the end of each episode. While I understand why you hate them, there is a reason to their attitudes.;)

• Brohoof 6

Sounds like you simply don't like characters having any flaws. Which that's fine, that's an opinion that is valid, but not one that is realistic to expect to be in practice. One of my most hated tropes in anime are the characters that are oh so perfect and awesome, I can't stand it. Even in one of my favorite shows ever, Attack On Titan, that damn cliche is present. So I would prefer flawed characters over that any day.

• Brohoof 9

While the OP statement is crude it does contain a kernel of truth that is unfortunately buried too deep to be taken for anything other than a glint within a tantrum. One could elaborate on severe mundaneness of character flaws and the inability of our glorious writers to utilize them within compelling stories. I guess we shall reserve that for the inevitable show love letter some overzealous fan shall forget to place inside their blog.

• Brohoof 4

I'mma just say this:

FiM is like any cartoon show you and I watch: no character is perfect. The 6 and other characters have their pros and cons and it connects to the way on how we live our lives. 

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, acknapp18 said:

There are ponies in MLP: FiM that I hate a lot. Maybe even more than I hate Rarity. And yes, I'm also not too big of a fan of Pinkie Pie or Applejack. It seems that Twilight is the only member of the Mane 6 that knows what she's doing (and even she has her flaws!)

But more specifically, I hate Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Fluttershy is nothing but a scared little wimp, and Rainbow Dash just absolutely LOVES to pick fights with just about anypony else. Rarity is an over-the-top drama queen who manipulates the male ponies into doing stuff for her (not anything bad, but still!).

And I swear to Celestia above, there is no character worse than Pinkie Pie (yes, maybe even worse than Fluttershy and Skittles). Does she have the world's worst case of ADHD? It's no wonder she's the main character in every grimdark!

And YOU are someone who is treating some very popular characters like garbage. Most of us here don't do that.

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree in some ways. But well, after all that's just characters in a kids show, which often get very easy to understand traits. That is kinda the point of the show actually - That different kinds personalities still can work together and bond a friendship and that it would be very boring if everybody had the same traits.

And well, even though I don't hate her, but yes, I do have a BIG problem with Pinkie Pie. But this is rather because I don't like overly outgoing people in general. But I do have to say that I really enjoyed the Birthday Party episode and every other episode dealing with her past. They kinda let me understand why she ended up being how she is.

But it's actually funny, I always like the characters differently each episode. Because some can be very annoying in one episode, but then they are pretty okay in other episodes. So it's kinda a love-hate thing for Rarity. I really love the character in itself, especially her creative and elegant side, but I don't like the overly dramatic side - which of course has been added as a sidekick, but sometimes it just feels a little bit forced and out of place.

Personally, I'm rather neutral about the other ones. They do have their flaws, because, obviously, a normal human being has flaws as well. But they never annoyed me or anything. And well, the point you made about Fluttershy, that she's a wimp.. Well, this is actually why I like her so much and why I can relate so well to her. And I actually have to say that it really fits to her, I mean, she even has Shy in her name.

But I don't really get your problem with Twilight Sparkle. All in all she's a pretty strong character and yes, she does know how to do stuff, because it's her main trait after all. So I think giving her some ridiculous flaws makes it funny on the one hand and believeable on the other one.

57 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

None of them really have their shit together and that’s why I like them.

You win for most succint rebuttal that I'll probably steal at some point in the future. 

Yoink! 

• Brohoof 6

Watched Topic. Careful of the landmines.

:mlp_smug:

Message added by Jeric

3 years in this forum and this is the first time I see this :dash:

7 hours ago, acknapp18 said:

Hating the Mane6 for their flaws? That's a first :huh:. Well with the abundance of main characters that show little to no flaws, I may see why it's aggravating for you to see main characters that consistently displays them, despite the development. Why at a certain point I agree because at times they reuse plots, and see some character regressions, I think you're missing what make the Mane6 so special. Despite shooting rainbows to any motherfucker who threatens Equestria and being national heroines, they are still pretty human and relatable, and that's why most of us love them, that's why many of us where inspired to do better, that's why many of us fought back when we felt we where the cosmos' plaything. They've showed us we don't need to be superheroes to be special :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

None of them really have their shit together and that’s why I like them.

Oh same! It kind of reminds me that it's okay not to have your shit together all the time. People (and ponies) have flaws and trouble with various stuff but that's okay, personal growth doesn't happen right away either.

2 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Okay, I have to assume this is a joke. Twilight's fear of quesadillas bothers you? A random throwaway joke is a character flaw?

Yeah, I do have to agree that's a silly reason to hate Twi :huh:. Being pissed at Twi's portrayal in the movie makes sense, but such a throwaway joke is kinda too far :confused:

(edited)

I hate the mane 6 too, I hate seeing how the show focuses too much on them despite being the lead characters and written around them. Why can't they focus on some random ass background characters that only some old guys on the internet with way too much time on their hands care about?

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 9