Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

if you were to redo your school days , what would you do differently?

Reecejackox

It's not what I would have done differently, it's the teachers and kids that should have done that. -____-; I was bullied a lot for being "different" than everyone else. Teachers always used to tell me that I was the one that caused them to bully me. They never did anything to stop it or try to help at all. I guess if I had known just how different I really was... I would have tried to make people understand why. The problem was that I wasn't diagnosed with autism until about 12. D:

• 1 month later...

I would have actually graduated, for one thing. I had a tendency to ignore homework. When I left school I was done with it. I didn't want to even hear about it until I was back there the next morning.

That's assuming I went at all. Pretty much through middle and high school I skipped at least a third of every year because I haaaaated waking up that early. I still hate waking up to alarms but now I'm not as dumb about it.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I would try to really take the time to understand advanced math. I think the main reason why I sucked at it was because I didn't have the patience for it, so I'd rush through and give up on it. But honestly though, I just think my bird brain didn't have the capacity to understand and learn it at all. :muffins:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I would chose different schools, both first and secondary was a collection of bullies, even teachers liked to harm me.
I would chose an independent school, if money would not count.

• 8 months later...

When you say "redo your school days" do you mean starting from when we first went to school or high school?  Guess I'm going to restart my life since kindergarten then?

Let's see, if I knew what I know now, I think I would come out as trans earlier.  Would've been more proactive in my depression.  Stood up to people more often, talked more to people.  I think one huge thing I would do is get into sewing earlier and stick with it, maybe by the time I graduated high school again, I could go on to a fashion school or something.  That would be really cool.  One big thing I wouldn't do again is shoulder most of the tasks of looking after my grandma, I regret having to be forced to look after her.  She shouldn't have been my responsibility, she should've been getting the help she needed.  Looking after a grandparent with dementia or Alzheimer's shouldn't be the responsibility of a child, I shouldn't've had to follow her around the neighborhood whenever she randomly wandered off, I shouldn't've had to deal with her abuse at all.  I'm still salty that my brother was never asked to shoulder that burden either, he got to have a childhood.

I dunno. There isn’t really anything I would have done differently...except maybe go to public school rather than homeschool?

Edited by Lucky Bolt

A lot of my issues in school weren’t caused by me. I was severely bullied. That being said even though I’d never wanna relive it again I wouldn’t change anything. All of that just made me push myself harder to make a better life for myself now. To prove my bullies wrong. That I was gonna amount to something.

If I had things easier back then I don’t think I’d be as hard of a worker as I am now.

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely nothing. I never did any homework and I sure as hell wouldn't do it if I redid high school. Although since I'm a lot more confident now than i was back then, I'd probably have fewer issues with the dozens of dickheads there.

• Brohoof 2

Seriously, I would learn some kind of martial arts, so I can protect myself from the bullies and to feel more confident in general. School is like the hell on earth, it's just about surviving and staying sane, really.

While in middle school, I would ask and learn how to apply makeup properly before blindly doing it myself. I looked so bad :sealed:

• 1 month later...