Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Fictional Character are you most similar to?

Narcissus

Do you personally identify with a particular fictional character? One that thinks, acts and does things just as you would? Are you similar to them in personality, appearance or in some other way? Please name as many characters as you wish as well as how and why you feel you have a similarity to them.

Edited by Narcissus

Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

I speak in a rather complicated way, there are some things I do obsessively, I have an interest in physics (although he and I differ on the empiricism of string theory), and I don’t have a self-sustaining interest in non-Platonic relationships.

Also, we both look like large praying mantises.

Edited by Arkadios

Rincewind - like him, I don't like adventures and activities in general, have no particular interest in romantic relationships, want to live a quiet and uneventful life (although life itself often has different plans), earn money with my knowledge of languages  and have no real talents.

Also, Moondancer - my life is pretty much similar to hers up to the moment when Twilight came back.

• Brohoof 1

I identify with too many fictional characters to count. :maud: I guess the most notable one that I don't think I'll ever stop being able to relate to is Saito from Rurouni Kenshin. He's dark, serious, knows how to play it cool for the game, has been molded into who he is from all the bloodshed he's witnessed, and isn't truly on anyone's side after how much corruption in the world he's witnessed. Killua from Hunter x Hunter is another worthy contender for the one I most relate to, being a character who had to move on from who he was raised to be after being raised in a world of darkness all his life. The last top contender is Maud Pie, being what one could call boring on the surface, but having a great level of passion and love on the inside. :mlp_nom:

Don't think I can choose one character, TBH. Best I can do is describe myself with a combination of characters.

I'm sensible and level-headed like Dipper Pines.

I'm a little airheaded and crazy like his sister Mabel.

I'm an optimist like Joy from Inside Out and Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec.

I see the good in every person and situation, like Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6.

I'm a little soft-spoken and have some self-esteem issues, but am kind (or at least I like to think so), like Sadness.

And I'm a little naive and pop-culture-y like Troy and Abed from Community.

giphy.gif

Edited by PacificGreen
  • Brohoof 1

These are probably the closest:

• SMG4's Tari. She's pretty close to me in a basic sense. A socially awkward gamer type that's usually nice when you get to know them.
  • Patricia Tannis. She's pretty freaking close. I'm not as stand-offish, but otherwise, that's pretty much me. She was even confirmed to be autistic.
  • Rick Sanchez. He's blunt and a bit crude at times like I can be. He's also intelligent, and it's been implied that he's pansexual and that he's autistic.
  • Button Mash. I feel this one is rather self-explanatory. Gaming is pretty much my life, just like it is for Button Mash.
  • Luigi. We're both plagued by anxiety and self-esteem issues. His bond with his brother is also pretty relatable.
  • Ice Bear. Mostly because of the way I talk (I can do a SPOT-ON impression of him :P)
  • Ekko. We're both impatient and naïve to a degree. I can also relate to his backstory.
  • Twilight Sparkle/Moondancer. I can relate to the in the sense of being socially awkward and a bit bookish :twi:.
Edited by ~Dusky~
Ugh.

I'd say above all I'm Twilight Sparkle, a nerdy and somewhat socially awkward guy with many of the same nerdy quirks.

I'm also...

Moondancer, because for a long time I was her in almost every respect before finally opening up.

Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon), for much the same reason as the above two. :P

Krillin (Dragon Ball Z), because of my undying loyalty to those I care about, as well as my wit.

Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life), because I can be that guy who really means no harm and can be quite polite, but is also a little overly forgiving. 

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say that I relate to Naruto Uzumaki the most. I can be hyperactive sometimes and have a never give up attitude. I also try to dream and never give up on that dream. Just like how he aimed to be Hokage, I aim to be a really great video game player. One that can, hopefully, be a major league gamer. A friend I knew in high school gave me a nickname because I reminded them as Naruto. That nickname was Kyubiki. At first we didn't know the meaning of the name, but I saw it as Kyubi as Nine tails and Ki as power. So, I defined Kyubiki as the power of the nine tails. 

In many ways, I'm like Rapunzel from Tangled. I consider her a kindred spirit who must have been somehow fashioned after me by some inexplicable insight. I identify with Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Mary Poppins (the Julie Andrews version) as well. I must have some Disney flowing through my veins.

• Brohoof 2

Jar Jar Binks. Yes, I'm serious. 

I'm often seen as a comic-relief type of person, due to being awfully clumsy and having many stupid moments - No, I don't do it on purpose. 

• Brohoof 1

Hm... you know, it's really hard to think about.

Haruhi Suzumiya would be one because we both have narrow interests, are aromantic (mostly for me), don't do well with people and get excited about various things. I also notice that I'm a lot like Ponyo. I know she's a fish out of water or whatever... but I really relate to her a lot as well. She gets obsessed with certain objects, she doesn't like loud noises, and I could just go on forever. Let's see... Chihiro is also another character too. I relate to her because I'm a very anxious person, and a lot of things tend to upset me at times.

I can't think of any other relations I have...

I'm going to have to say I mostly identify myself with Yukimura Sanada (not the real historical one, but his computer game version from the Samurai Warriors games). His ideals and morals regarding honor and righteousness rung a lot with me. 

Image result for sanada yukimura samurai warriors anime

49 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

See my profile pic for the answer.

So you relate to Kamina ironically or unironically?

I'd say that I relate a lot to Sunset Shimmer on account that like her, I had to struggle dealing with being mistreated by my peers during school, and becoming an outcast to all but a few who would call me friend. I'm also empathetic like her in that I'll show others how to handle situations so they don't end up taking the path I took.

• Brohoof 1