Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup Final Four - Trottingham vs The Moon

Jeric

World Cup Final Four - Trottingham vs The Moon  

192 users have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Final

• Team Moon - Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia, Somnambula, Pony of Shadows, and Applejack
    • Team Trottingham - Fluttershy, Sci-Twi, Fleur De Lis, Flutterbat, Soarin, and Sunset Shimmer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-02-17 at 11:20 PM

On 2/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, Denim&Venom said:

And what did she do to me? 

*looks down at the tattered remnants of Team SCU's battle flag, wrapped around a gauntlet with a broken blade and a single long black feather* 

You tell me. 

Wait... wait... you're blaming Princess Luna for... SCU losing? You know, everyone votes on the wrong horse once in a while, don't go ranting at the betting counter or flailing at the other team. It's a hard financial lesson that everyone learns while spending time in Las Pegasus. ...sooner or later.

How'd that work out for you in the end, anyhow?

On 8/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Denim&Venom said:

The Moon vs Las Pegasus Sin City United 

1960570294_DV.gif.2fb809ba58f666835aa718e926702ac6.gif

• Brohoof 2
2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

First they banish the element of laughter, now the all but ignore the element of honesty.

But what else would you expect from a team of tyrants, traitors and demons? 

We stand by the side of righteousness, even if that side is a loosing one. 

*shakes off the hypocrisy dripping from her hooves after stomping in that post* HMPF...

• Brohoof 2
11 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Wait... wait... you're blaming Princess Luna for... SCU losing? You know, everyone votes on the wrong horse once in a while, don't go ranting at the betting counter or flailing at the other team. It's a hard financial lesson that everyone learns while spending time in Las Pegasus. ...sooner or later.

How'd that work out for you in the end, anyhow?

She is the one still breathing after that match after all. I'm holding her and her entire team accountable, for the loss of my team and every other pony sent to oblivion on the way to 'victory'. And how dare you say that I made a mistake in backing SCU? I helped build that team from the ground up. I had friends who just like me, believed in them. We survived the prelims and made it to fight in the tournament proper. So don't you dare say that we made a mistake.

This wasn't a wager. It was having trust and faith of finding your own path to victory and being proud of how far you've come. Holding your head up high win or loose, cause you know you tried your best, rather than ride on the coat tails of others in a mere popularity contest.  

And how did it work out? I'm still here aren't I? I have't quit yet. To bail now would be a spit in the face of all the word work of every team I've been and are a part of. 

10 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

*shakes off the hypocrisy dripping from her hooves after stomping in that post* HMPF...

Passive aggressiveness does not suit you. 

• Brohoof 1
2 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

The "prize" you speak of, is the universe not being enslaved by a maniacal necromancer goat god.

If Her Highness is concerned about trophies to place on the shelf, she can do that at the next Donkey Kong competition. This tournament began as Rainbow Dash's harmless dreamtime fantasy. Outside forces distorted it into a dangerous battle for freedom.

And.. yeah. That was bothering my conscience as I was finishing this up. I owe AJ an apology. :(  I already mentioned this on the youtube channel yesterday
Everything had been finalized before the most recent council meeting. Commissioned voice recording was already complete. The banner was already done. Officially, AJ joined the team... 2 days ago.  I'd already thought of a way to get AJ into the video, which would come as sort of a surprise after the speech. and it was a scene I really wanted to make, but there was just no time. If I'd had even one more day, I could have done it. I rolled out the video literally as the match began after nearly 24 hours on no sleep, hunting all the bugs in the rendering; and there's still a slew of smaller things I wanted to add and just, couldn't.

A 'director's cut' is already in the works. Not sure if I'll be able to get EVERYTHING done that I wanted to do. But I'll try to shoot the AJ scene.

Just whatever float your boat or whenever you got the time. But if we win then we also have another semi final match so no pressure. We just want everyone to know that team moon have not forgotten Applejack. Period.

• Brohoof 1
41 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So don't you dare say that we made a mistake.

No one's saying you guys made a mistake, just the scoreboard is.

8 hours ago, Usager said:

Are you sure you did a good choice choosing that... evil evil moon donkey demon thing?

That's speciest!

Guys.. we seriously don’t need to bicker over who’s better or whatnot. Nor trash talking to one another teams. It’s just a RP.

• Brohoof 3
1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

She is the one still breathing after that match after all. I'm holding her and her entire team accountable, for the loss of my team and every other pony sent to oblivion on the way to 'victory'. And how dare you say that I made a mistake in backing SCU? I helped build that team from the ground up. I had friends who just like me, believed in them. We survived the prelims and made it to fight in the tournament proper. So don't you dare say that we made a mistake.

This wasn't a wager. It was having trust and faith of finding your own path to victory and being proud of how far you've come. Holding your head up high win or loose, cause you know you tried your best, rather than ride on the coat tails of others in a mere popularity contest.  

And how did it work out? I'm still here aren't I? I have't quit yet. To bail now would be a spit in the face of all the word work of every team I've been and are a part of. 

Passive aggressiveness does not suit you. 

And would it be any different were the tables turned? Imagine a victorious SCU having some angry bounty hunter following them every step of the way for simply playing the same game. Hate the game if you will, this sick and twisted perversion of Buckball that Grogar has cooked up. But hating those who have simply performed better at it? Sheer hypocrisy. By your logic, every team is every bit as guilty then. But what is the alternative? Attempts have been by our best and brightest students of magic to try and hack a way out of this dimension, but to no avail. All we can do now is let it play out and hope for the best.

But this is why I stand with the Moon. What if Grogar doesn't keep to his end of the bargain? We know almost nothing about him or where he comes from, aside from a few random storybooks. Tambelon is a mystery to us. Its motives obscure. Its powers unknown. If he tries anything to violate the rules of the dream, one with the most experience with the nature of dream dimensions must be there. This is a siege, a hostage situation, an invasion, all balled into one. Both those who have reformed, and those who have yet to turn from evil, all know what is at stake here, and have pledged their support during these trying times. We have two who have been with Equestria literally longer than any other Pony.

Princess Luna - 1000 moons less, but with those days of evil also comes experience. Just as powerful as her sister, and just like her, ages of experience in the defense of our great nation against numerous enemies.
Nightmare Moon - a unique paradox only able to sustain itself for as long as this dream exists. With many Luna's memories and feelings attached. A snapshot of our Night Princess's history. But even Nightmare Moon will defend our lands against outside forces. Princess Twilight witnessed it herself. And her devious nature is crucial to giving us a doorway into the minds of our captors.
The Pony of Shadows - As much experience with exile as only one other, in a strange realm that few have ever seen. Incredibly powerful even by Alicorn standards, and also quite clever. But even he knows what is at stake and will not rest until the defeat of Grogar.

In the chaos of the initial nightmare trap, groups rapidly banded together trying to make sense of their displacement. What looked to be the worst fears of Equestria had quickly become Team Moon. But Princess Luna intended to ensure this was temporary.

The balancing act began. With the prospect of players being traded from losing teams.

Celestia - Defended Equestria longer than most creatures have been alive. The only one who was ever capable of taking on Luna, and the bringer of the life-giving sun.
Somnambula - Like the Pony of Shadows, another from the old world. In such dire times, in a team burdened with pain and sadness, she was an surprising but welcome addition. Above all else, we need hope now.
Applejack - If there was ever any doubt that Team Moon's efforts were genuine, you can stop worrying now. She can smell trouble from a mile away. There have been so many questions about the integrity of the team, and now we have the very figurehead of integrity with us. Among the strongest of Earthponies, and the last survivor of the Apple/Pie family in the entire dreamscape. Is there any other Pony who has more to fight for now?

As for your other sticking point. A very difficult and painful decision. Pinkie. It will always weigh heavily on our conscience. Indeed, Somnambula has in many ways filled the role that we had hoped would be Pinkie's. But, the contest proved to be too much for her dynamic mind. She is truly a fan of every team, and this literally caused smoke to pour from her ears. This mental conflict would have cost us greatly on the field. The decision was hard, but consensual. And still, Luna struggles with it, as she has with guilt in the past. From the spectral fortress she manifested on the moon when Equestra was shifted into the dreamscape, on the horizon there is visible, a three dome habitat, the twisted remains of a space rocket, and an antenna to call home; all painted pink with splashes of other bright colors. Remnants of the one other lunar exile that Equestria has ever known. Every cycle when the moon and the sun trade places, the its rays reflect brilliantly across the aluminum framework of the old base camp. Luna would refuse any other location that was suggested to her.

• Brohoof 1
1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Sinful ignorance

You are neighing under the wrong tree. Luna is young. Who do you think protected the dreams of ponies throughout those countless aeons along the dreams of all other creatures unknown to Luna? Yes, the answer is hiding just below the shimmering surface. If only you had the courage to dip down and reach it.

You are all slaves. You have always been slaves. Kneel before Grogar and become his servants. You may find him a far better ruler than a faceless power hiding behind crystal walls. Does forcing you to play a game of buckball seem like an act of a bloodthirsty monster? No other foe gave you such an opportunity. The rest of them, cowards and fools, only sought to reach their goals with no regard for others. They are unworthy.

2 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I'm pretty sure the bickering is as well. If it isn't, nobody gave me the memo.

You make a good point though, that the team moon does have a good chance against grogar  no doubt. But I don’t want to be bias or anything but at the end of the day it’s just RP. People just chose whoever are they think or would like to go to the final. And I’m not saying it just you, it’s anybody else.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1
51 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

You are neighing under the wrong tree. Luna is young. Who do you think protected the dreams of ponies throughout those countless aeons along the dreams of all other creatures unknown to Luna? Yes, the answer is hiding just below the shimmering surface. If only you had the courage to dip down and reach it.

You are all slaves. You have always been slaves. Kneel before Grogar and become his servants. You may find him a far better ruler than a faceless power hiding behind crystal walls. Does forcing you to play a game of buckball seem like an act of a bloodthirsty monster? No other foe gave you such an opportunity. The rest of them, cowards and fools, only sought to reach their goals with no regard for others. They are unworthy.

You claim that Grogar is a dream defender? I know what "Necromancy" means, thank you.

Grogar is bound by laws no less than any other. The mishap of Discord's chaos magic fusing with Luna's created a rift that reached across dimensions. Doctor Whooves tried to explain it one day but then simply shrugged and only added that it was all very timey wimey.

The "Canterlot High" realm, Tartarus, even Limbo were accessed by the tendrils of the rift. Tambelon was no different. Grogar saw an opportunity and he took it, no doubt finding a scenario much less desirable than it could have been. This dream belonged to Rainbow Dash, and began as a simple buckball tournament, and as a buckball tournament it must remain. Tampering with that would cause the pocket dimension to collapse, potentially killing all who are trapped within it. Grogar knows this, so forgive me if I don't assume that his "playing along" is some hint of benevolence or a sense of fair play. If Tambelon is such a good place, then why was it phased out of normal Equestrian space-time? And what of the Taken? Would you also have us believe they're currently having peanuts and drinking cider while watching these games on a 15 hoof plasma screen?

We do not bow to slave masters. We remove them.

• Brohoof 1
5 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Grogar is bound by laws no less than any other. The mishap of Discord's chaos magic fusing with Luna's created a rift that reached across dimensions. Doctor Whooves tried to explain it one day but then simply shrugged and only added that it was all very timey wimey.

The "Canterlot High" realm, Tartarus, even Limbo were accessed by the tendrils of the rift. Tambelon was no different. Grogar saw an opportunity and he took it, no doubt finding a scenario much less desirable than it could have been. This dream belonged to Rainbow Dash, and began as a simple buckball tournament, and as a buckball tournament it must remain. Tampering with that would cause the dreamscape to collapse, potentially killing all who are trapped within it. Grogar knows this, so forgive me if I don't assume that his "playing along" is some hint of benevolence or a sense of fair play. If Tambelon is such a good place, then why was it phased out of normal Equestrian space-time? And what of the Taken? Would you also have us believe they're currently having peanuts and drinking cider while watching these games on a 15 hoof plasma screen?

We do not bow to slave masters. We remove them.

A most charming explanation. The interference from your side shall be minimal at best.

Another outstanding achievement by team Moon, the first to reach the triple digits by reaching 100 votes! It's been a long time coming, but what a crowning moment in the World Cup! Let's see how far we can launch into orbit in the just under 9 hours remaining!

Related image

• Brohoof 1

I have to admit, Team Trottingham have done amazing this round considering how they’re going against the two most powerful characters in the show that control the day and night cycle for Equestria. Not to mention the amount of support Luna alone gets, having all these promotions on the forum. Then there’s Applejack the not so popular, therefore very popular, element of harmony on the team. This team is OP let still has to compete with the lesser popular team.

A totally terrific attack Team Trottingham! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

I would like to thank all my teammates for a being a part of this competition:

@Fhaolan @Flutterstep @RiseofSpectrum @DasCapschen @Soren Peregrine @lyrabetes3939 @Ocellus-Fan @Kronos the Revenant @Partialgeek514 @KrazyDashie @Arc Flash @Cash In @MidnightFire1222 @cpl_dixon @Bas

Thank you all for joining and supporting Team Trottingham! I know this is a tough loss, but I am proud of this Team for making it this far. We wouldn’t have gotten to the Final Four without your help. :D 

I would also like to thank @Fluttershy Friend @Sparklefan1234 @Denim&Venom, and everyone else who voted for Trottingham. Thank you so much for your contributions in this tournament. We fought a tough fight, and won many battles. We may have come up short this time, but there can only be one winner, and we did our best. :) 

Good game, Team Moon. :grin:

• Brohoof 4

Due to the recent outage I’ve adjusted the close time of the poll. Even though The Moon has a sizable lead it was important for me to make sure that both teams have 48 hours in this match. 

4 minutes ago, ChB said:

I would like to thank all my teammates for a being a part of this competition:

@Fhaolan @Flutterstep @RiseofSpectrum @DasCapschen @Soren Peregrine @lyrabetes3939 @Ocellus-Fan @Kronos the Revenant @Partialgeek514 @KrazyDashie @Arc Flash @Cash In @MidnightFire1222 @cpl_dixon @Bas

Thank you all for joining and supporting Team Trottingham! I know this is a tough loss, but I am proud of this Team for making it this far. We wouldn’t have gotten to the Final Four without your help. :D 

I would also like to thank @Fluttershy Friend @Sparklefan1234 @Denim&Venom, and everyone else who voted for Trottingham. Thank you so much for your contributions in this tournament. We fought a tough fight, and won many battles. We may have come up short this time, but there can only be one winner, and we did our best. :) 

Good game, Team Moon. :grin:

Not yet ;)

• Brohoof 2

With just 40 minutes to go, baring a miracle, Luna and her Moon team look to progress toward the final game match about the winner of the CK vs Ponyville match. 

Get those last votes in. 

moonOverField.jpg.b8f53e7d31464e6f558bfd84df32386c.jpg

The longest final seconds they had ever experienced finally ticked off the clock. It was over. The noise from the crowd was a deafening mix of cheers and boos.

The conclusion of the match was civil. Trottingham had been decent to the Moon since all of this started. Hooves were shaken at the conclusion. Team Moon tried their best to assure them that their imprisonment was temporary; that they would be coming to free them soon. Luna hoped they believed it. Luna hoped that she herself believed it.

The Princess of the Moon couldn't shake from her mind, the look of fear in Fluttershy's eyes. It was obvious that Fluttershy was trying her hardest to be brave. The pink-haired pegasus had come such a long way since the first time they had met. But becoming a prisoner of war, that was too much. Luna watched as Celestia and Sunset shared a rather lengthy conversation. Both of them were holding back tears. Soarin played it cool as best he could, acting as if the defeat was no big deal, but he was clearly nervous. Sci-Twi stuck close to Sunset, who was about all that was familiar to her, but also still showed a hint of awe at her surroundings. So much amazement since this dream had begun, and she couldn't help but feel proud at having had the opportunity to be a part of it. Fleur was not about to let this outcome make her look any less than spectacular, and despite the current situation, made sure that she would make the front page tomorrow. Flutterbat was the happiest in that moment. A.J. had given her a sack of red delicious.

Team Moon watched as Trottingham was escorted from the field. Celestia, Luna, and Somnambula, and then Applejack in step, bowed to them as they slowly walked away, shoved forward by officials under Grogar's control. Grogar rose from his special box seat and disappeared from view. This ritual had played itself out numerous times before. They all knew what it meant. Those with the most conscience could only half-hardheartedly enjoy the victory. The end of every match meant more souls were being taken away.

Luna summoned her spectral echo of the moon and placed it above the stadium, as she had ever since the very first event. Once again, Grogar would be forced to see the luminous disk, burned red to mark the anger of his captives. Obscuring more of the sky this time. With every victory, Luna had adjusted the blood moon to be slightly closer than the last. A warning of what she hoped was the outcome of her efforts. A message to Grogar: The Moon was getting ever closer.

Only one match left. It was almost surreal that they had made it this far. The end game was in sight. One match remaining. And then, Tambelon.

Nightmare Moon: I'm now mildly impressed. My other self, and your sister... you've proven to be far less weak than I took you for, even without your precious elemental powers at your disposal.

Celestia: I'll... accept that as a compliment.

Applejack: I'm not sure I would.

Somnambula: I told you, many times that all would turn out OK. Perhaps now you finally believe me.

Pony of Shadows: I never thought this day would come, but for once I must agree with the Pillar of Hope. Soon, our enemies will be within our grasp, and I will extinguish the light from every one of them!

Luna: We have yet one more challenge to face first.

Pony of Shadows: And we will continue to triumph as we have since the beginning!

Luna: Keep the egos in check. This is only going to get harder. Whichever team we face will likely prove to be the hardest challenge yet.

Nightmare Moon: It matters not. We shall prevail. And then Tambelon will feel our wrath!

Applejack: Hold on just a darn tootin minute, we still don't know what kind of match it will be. I'll be happy if them Tambelonian whatever-you-call-its run home with their tails between their legs and never even think of coming near us again.

Pony of Shadows: I can easily assure you that I will make certain that Grogar regrets ever even thinking of invading this realm. And I will enjoy that immensely!

Luna: For now, we can only wait. And watch.

Princess Luna caught an extra glimpse of Grogar, who was now down on the field, proceeding to take away the Trottingham players. Even at such a great distance, Luna and Grogar seemed to lock eyes for a moment. It was amazing. The crazy scheme that Luna had hatched after this dream fell into chaos, was actually coming to fruition. Her confidence was building. Team Moon was becoming more and more of a threat to his plan.

Surely Grogar had heard Luna's pirate broadcast by now. She wished she could have somehow witnessed his initial reaction. Just before Grogar turned his attention to Trottingham, Luna mumbled in his direction:

image.thumb.png.28adc767c241e907395d962b43713019.png

The Moon commands the waves. You cannot hold back the tide, Grogar. We're coming for you.

• Brohoof 3

Erm, I just wanted to say thank you to all that supported me. I know that this decision was impossibly hard for a few, and know that in the end ... well ... the best pony has to win to save our friends. 

Princesses, Starlight, Spike, AJ, Rarity, Rainbow Dash we are all counting on you. Bring us back. 

Eep. This kind of tickl -

• Brohoof 4
  • The topic was unfeatured

Give the Trottingham a  huge round of applause for facing off against the moon and putting up a fight against them. Hell, that was the bravest thing Fluttershy have ever done in her life! So lets give it up for the Trottingham! 

As for the Team Moon, thanks for all of your supports and thanks to those who have been sticking with the team ever since! I hope that you all will continue to support team moon till the very end!! And if anyone wish to join the team it's open! Join and help us lead to victory. 

hqdefault.jpg