Where Are You?

pondus30

I am from the United States of America; specifically the midwest. I originally grew up in a neighborhood that had increasing crime rates and the schools were not very good. So, we moved to a small, rural area. I've lived here for about 12 years now and I love it. Everyone knows each other and it's super quiet.

• Brohoof 4

Aww, man... Most vikings were terrible people, wrecking the villages they passed by and raping plenty of women.. :awuh:  But yeah, vikings are cool and all, hardcore. I'm just not that into history, but it's still chill.

I am proud, I just think it is kind of... Boring to say I'm from Sweden. I wish I had something greater to come with. Our traditions are kinda nice and at least I really enjoy our nature and old towns with beautiful buildings. Thank you cheering me up a bit , though .  :twi:

Oh I'm not saying that they were good people. I have to tell my Mom that all the time who insists they were more like rambunctious goof balls than, you know, killers and raiders.

As you picked up my actual intention though, it was that we must celebrate our homes and what makes them great, while keeping watch for the vices that rot away those beautiful aspects.

As a German born senator of my country's congress once said, "my country right or wrong. If right to be kept right, if wrong to be set right." ~Carl Schurz

I don't like saying 'America', mainly because I don't like concept of 'America'.

Agreed, I don't live in "America" I live in the United States. 

• Brohoof 1

Arizona... grew up and Oregon and moved back here a few years ago, hardly far away from the first house I lived in too. Pretty warm and toasty here is an understatement

• Brohoof 1

I'm from Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington, New Jersey, and North Dakota.

Technically, I'm "from" Washington, since I was born there. But I lived the longest period of time in North Dakota, so that's where I consider myself raised.

• Brohoof 1

Saying "America" gets confusing for me because there's South, Central and North America.

Anyhow, I'm from the midwest, namely a boring state called Missouri.

tumblr_m581ny9EZm1qc5ffho1_1280.pngI​ can't believe it. Someone else from Missouri. Never thought I would see someone from the same state pop up.

• Brohoof 1

Sooooo Hawaii? I mean if you aren't from the continental United States but then you said you're from "the American continent" so your statement is a tad confusing.

Canada? Alaska?

Puerto Rico. I'm kinda ashamed to say it at times XP

• Brohoof 1

Puerto Rico. I'm kinda ashamed to say it at times XP

no shame, but i do wish the economy there was better.

seems like statehood would help a lot.

---

personally, i LOATHE the question of "where are you from?"

because i don't know how to answer it.

born in California (but don't remember it)

grew up in Michigan (but its changed radically)

College in Texas

First 5 years on my own were in Alaska

And now I don't live there either.  

There's no fast way to sum all that up without getting confusing.

Also, even if I try to rattle that off real quickly, it always ends up being an Alaska conversation.  

Also, in the state i currently live in, lots of people still live in their hometowns, or very nearby.  So if I rattle them off, it almost sounds like i'm bragging.  

(sigh)

I currently live in New Zealand, all branches of my family migrated from Europe to reach here.

It's beautiful, here's a picture of what I look out to at the end of my drive everyday.

post-39255-0-72075900-1471325349.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Cambridgeshire, England.

I currently live in New Zealand, all branches of my family migrated from Europe to reach here.

It's beautiful, here's a picture of what I look out to at the end of my drive everyday.

That's an awesome view, from my house all I can see is more houses lol. 

• Brohoof 1

Like a tumbling weed to be honest I had no place to call my true home. Been around here and there but never felt the belonging, welcoming and comforting aspects of a place of familiarity, a place I called home. I've been to the good ol' South and to the vast expenses of land to the West. I yonder on looking at my past of not knowing when but where I'm going to be.

• Brohoof 1

Why? I have a friend from there. Take pride in your heritage.

Hey, non-Americans aren't allowed to be ashamed of their own country! Only Americans can do that!

• Brohoof 2