Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Day Scavenger Hunt

Twilight Sparkle

Hi everypony,

I am going to have a scavanger hunt today to celebrate friendship day. You know just like the ones Shining Armor did for me when I was a filly  But since its friendship day you cant do it alone.  

Make a friend on the forums and you two must work togeather to complete the hunt. But it wont be as easy as just finding the clues so here is your check list to sucess

1. Talk to somepony new to work with they cant be someone you interact with all the time 

2. The hunt may involve codes, ciphers, and riddles if you get stuck you can ask for a hint or two here. 

3. Have fun and learn about each other. 

So to get us started I will post the first cipher and give a hint as to how to solve it right here in this very thread. 

Zkr lv brxu qhz iulhqgv' idyrulwh srqb?

Wkh qhaw foxh lv lq wkh suriloh ri d Mhgl.

Hint: This type of cipher shares its name with a salad, a month, and a former dictator. The key to solving it is the number of things the cipher shares with the person mentioned. 

• Brohoof 6

Twilight left me to clear up some details that might need a bit more information as she had other royal duties to attend to. 

1. The time frame for this will run to the end of the trivia that may come later today 

2. The answers must be given as a group not as the clues are figured out.

3. How do you turn them in? Well that will be on the last clue my little ponies. 

:-P:ticking::twismile:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Will Guide said:

I'm going to be so busy for the scavenger hunt, but good luck to all participants

Oh the clues and hunt will be up for a bit. So dont count yourself out automatically. If you want to participate but need an extension or something ping me. My goal is to ensure every pony has fun and can join in whenever possible. 

Just now, StarlightandTwilight said:

I have school so I’ll be able to do it around 2pm when I get out.

Thats just fine you will have a good block of time to complete this 

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

hm...I'll be available on and off today.  Who wants to be my scavenger hunt buddy? :dash:

I wouldn't mind being your hunt buddy :orly:  But it has to be someone you don't know yet, no?

Edited by Xeltor

6 minutes ago, Xeltor said:

I wouldn't mind being your hunt buddy :orly:  But it has to be someone you don't know yet, no?

Yeah...and I know you too well....:LunaMCM:

6 minutes ago, Xeltor said:

LOL well the rule is to get you to talk to people you dont interact with regularly but as loose as that rule is I dont think this paring qualifies after watching the convo that followed 

• Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

hm...I'll be available on and off today.  Who wants to be my scavenger hunt buddy? :dash:

I can be, but we have kind of met before.

Edited by 2nd Amendment Brony
I found a partner.

If ponies want to work in groups that is fine. The more new friends the merrier. The limit is 4 people and you should all be reasonably new to each other. 

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

If ponies want to work in groups that is fine. The more new friends the merrier. The limit is 4 people and you should all be reasonably new to each other. 

If I’ve met someone before, but don’t know them all that well, can they join my group?

• Brohoof 2

55 minutes ago, Dawn-Sunlight said:

Oof, I'd like to do the scavenger hunt, but not only am I bad at riddles, I am also bad at making new friends, so I don't know if I would even be able to find a partner.

Would you like to join me? :) 

• Brohoof 2

I don't interact with Nightmare Rarity, but I'm pretty sure I know the answers to the questions posed here. Does that count?

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Bas said:

LOOOOL

Just when I thought I would have failed with the decipher I randomly got it by trying the first decipher method I went for, albeit I got it randomly. I only applied it because I re(a)d of it before online recently.

I don't get the hint for the decipher method though.

234234234 follow requests incoming

* personal hint will only work for these speaking german. And even then it is pretty vague. :p

The hint to what the hint means is literally in the hint itself :D

28 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to participate.

I’m gonna be out and won’t be online.

This gonna run for more then a day sooooo 

1 hour ago, Duality said:

Who wants to be my partner? @Frostgage is sadly disqualified outright.

I’m already working with two people but i can work with you

Edited by TBD