Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation What CG Movie Would You Liked To Have Seen Done Traditionally Animated?

Denim&Venöm

3D to 2D  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Which CGI Film Would You Want To See Get Re-Done In Traditional Animation?

• Toy Story
    • Tangled
    • Moana
    • Frozen
    • Wreck It Ralph
    • Finding Nemo
    • The Incredibles
    • Spiderman: Enter The Spiderverse
    • Ice Age
    • Despicable Me
    • Kung Fu Panda
    • Cars
    • Bolt
    • Ratatoulie
    • The Bee Movie
    • Megamind
    • Up
    • Zootopia
    • Madagascar
    • Wall-E
    • How To Train Your Dragon
    • Rango
    • Monsters Inc

The 90s were the apex of traditional animation film. The Disney Renaissance. The Land Before Time. An American Tail.,Balto, Anastasia, Sinbad, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron, Prince of Egypt. etc. 

mjX39bJ.jpg

The introduction of Toy Story heralded the end of traditionalism and the proliferation of CG films throughout the new millennium. We had everything from Finding Nemo to Shrek to Megamind to Moana. 

CG has more than proven it's appeal to the masses, but what is one film that you wish was done in the 2D animated style in the vein of a 90s Disney film, A Don Bluth production, a Fox Animation offering or a Dreamworks creation? 

frozen_concept_art_2_by_julesrizz-d8ib3rg.jpg

One of the Disney Princess movies, Tangled, Frozen or Moana, as well as Into The Spiderverse. I will say these movies work fantastic in 3D, so I don't think they really need to be done in traditional animation

Funny, all of them are perfect CGI movies. I just saw Tangled, and while it could look good traditionally animated, it is just getting the scale better with 3D (such as the height of the towers, and the lights).

I do not want any CGI MLP stuff ever though! G5 better not be CGI

• Brohoof 2

I picked Tangled, because I would have loved to see Rapunzel’s hair in 2D. Though there is that cartoon series now.

But I would have been happy to see all of the princess films in 2D. Except Moana. I like Moana quite a lot in CGI.

• Brohoof 2

I would have to go with Frozen.  The main reason would be that while I do like how the characters and everything looks in CGI, however I really really like how they look in the 2D art style that can be found on some of the merchandise, and I kinda think they look a bit better there if we are being honest.  Also if Frozen was traditionally animated, and still managed to become the massive phenomenon it became, maybe it could have lead to a revival of traditionally animated films in theaters.

• Brohoof 3

The Incredibles. If you look at the end credits, you'll see that at the least the character designs were first drawn in 2D at some point in development before being animated in CGI

• Brohoof 2

Frozen would probably work the best out of all of those, but I'm giving my vote to How To Train Your Dragon if it were done in a different style. Something that's smoother with more natural movements, and really puts on a fiery show.

• Brohoof 1

The upcoming MLP movie. 

I personally think they'd all look great with traditional animation. :fluttershy: I went with How to Train Your Dragon because dragons are cool and I love the early Dreamworks style of hand-drawn animation oh so very, very much.  

Frozen probably, I’m not a fan of the series but the idea of it being done in 2D sounds pretty interesting. Probably would’ve been more interesting to me at least if it had been done in that style in the first place tbh. :/

Not gonna lie, seeing Kung Fu Panda animated like Samurai Jack would've been pretty awesome. But other than that, I think Frozen would look a lot better if it was done with traditional animation.

• Brohoof 1

As much as they all work great in their own medium, I picked Zootopia because I think soft, squishy animal toons look great in traditional animation. It would be fun to see how those characters would look.

• Brohoof 2