Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what was your first encounter with anything brony related

Jesse20

Bulbagarden forums or something. I saw a lot of pony avatars. Though, I can distinctly remember thinking:

"Are these avatars from that happy tree friends I heard about?"

I was in my best friends house when he showed me the show, at first I was like "Are you serious (but I didn't judge or hate it)"... Then I was like "That's awesome man!", but I was in the brony closet for a while though :P

Two specific members on a Sonic forum I am an administrator on were not only obsessive over it, but brought it up any chance they could. It got incredibly tedious very quickly, and it turned me off to the entire pony subject for half a year, until I watched the first episode later down the line out of curiosity.

I was recruited by a friend, my first exposure to any of it was through him.

At first I thought it kind weird that he watched MLP, but after a bit more time with him I learned all the names of the mane 6 and started to get some of the jokes, then once i walked into his dorm room and he was about to watch an episode, so, not quite caring, I watched one episode.

I was all too thrilled, but a few days later he was showing it to another friend of ours, and showed episode 1, so I watched that one too. This got my attention more as then I was wondering what was next, so I started watching a few more episodes. I got to the point that i knew enough about it to be educated about it, but not a brony.

Then i got this sudden urge to watch it a few weeks later, so I watched all of it, and now here I am, on a forum dedicated to it. :)

(edited)

Roughly a year or so ago, I started seeing several members of an old forum start changing their avatars and signatures to include these bright and colourful ponies. I still remember one member in particular because she posted in just about every thread, who had an avatar of Twilight bursting into flames in rage and a signature of Fluttershy's "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!" outburst.

Then they started the mile long pony treads. And the pony club threads. And an entire small subsection of the forum devoted solely to these colourful ponies with (at the time) incredibly fruity/silly sounding names. Everything kinda went from there.

Edited by PoisonClaw

About a year ago, cs188 uploaded a Michael Rosen-themed YTP that had a very short MLP:FiM reference in it (Fluttershy's yay). It was the first time he put anything MLP-related in his YTP's, so people became curious as to if he was gonna create a full-length MLP YTP (Which is how I became a brony :wub:).

This is the vid I'm talking about. At around the 1:34 mark is when the reference pops up

a friend of mine showed me a bronydanceparty video and i fell in love witht the ponies in it. was a brony 30 minutes later and watched the entire first season in one sitting