What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

When people assume I'm doing nothing, or procrastinating, because I'm not doing what they want me to do or what they consider work.

But here's what I hate even more, in all its despicable details:

Ezan (at least in Turkey).

AKA a call to prayer and worship, in the form of a very long poem in Arabic. Broadcast from every single mosque in Turkey. A half-dozen times every day, even at nighttime. The exact same every single time.

"Sung" by dumbass muezzins who think it's very "musical" to randomly stretch syllables, adding tremolos for good measure, and to insert ten seconds of silence between each verse. Making the whole thing last nearly 10 minutes (I'm not even exaggerating, I actually clocked one and found 7mins). Shouting their disgusting high-pitch voice into the microphone, because obviously rows of loudspeakers around the minaret aren't enough.

In all my life, I only remember two places where I heard a plain ezan, simple call to prayer. Spoken with humility and practicality, in a normal "outdoor" voice. Almost like casual speech, neither too "arabesque" nor too monotonous.

Though one year, during the Ramadan, they made an actual singer (Ibrahim Tatlises) say the sundown ezan. He actually sang it, with perfectly measured pitch changes and a calculated pace.

But the other muezzins are NOT singers. They should stop fucking acting like they are.

Edited by Feather Spiral

My biggest pet peeve is when people use curse words as just emphasizers. Gah, that drives me crazy. No need for that rudeness when there are a million better ways to say things. 

Also, when my mother or father barges into my room with an atitude, when I'm just relaxing on my laptop. It happened to me last night. It's all because they think I have an "addiction" to my laptop. 

little things that annoy me are:

• constantly talking about yourself or talking about things that no one cares about
  • overstaying your welcome
  • being rude to other people for no reason
  • waking up before my alarm
  • people driving way below the speed limit
  • not sharing
  • people who are close minded
  • customers who treat work staff like shit
  • Brohoof 1

-People driving while talking or texting on their cell phones

-Flamers who just cut you down on everything you do from fanfics to wallpapers

-Bullies

-Bible Thumpers

-Know it Alls

-People who tell you all about a movie even when you ask them not too

-Bad romance plots in books

-Weak minded main female cannons in books who need a man to think for them

-Sparkle Vamps

• Brohoof 1

- Twilight movies...(Seriously they aren't that good to me, I think they broke the Vampire franchise)

- My sister trying to point out flaws in the franchises I like but wont' stop to consider the flaws in her own

- My government making me and my husband pay immigration fines so HEFTY...and give p*ss poor service

- Bronycon not happening in my state!

- My husband talks about starships knowing I don't care about star trek star ships...

- Pharmacy screwing up my perscription and i hardly get those!

- Getting hungry

-When people (namely my parents) want you to do something, and they tell you to stop what you're doing as opposed to just telling you to do what they want you to do. Example: "Get off of that game and help me look for something", instead of just "Help me look for something".

-Flies and gnats.

-Kids who think being random and loud is funny.

-Farting to be funny, and people who think it's funny. It's disgusting. This isn't just a little thing. I can't stand this.

-When people (usually country or preppy girls) say "uh" at the end of exclamations, such as "Eww-wuh!", "Nooo-wuh!", and "Stoooo-puh!". Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's hard to describe it.

-When people say "video game" instead of "game" in a situation where "game" would be fine.

-People touching my stuff without asking.

-People being unappreciative.

-The limitations of this site's mobile version.

Edited by Mr. Orange
  • Brohoof 1

- When someone starts chewing over the mic

- When a touchscreen is just a little off and you hit the wrong area

- When you go to click on something but an ad loads and it makes you click on something else

- When you have a lot of tabs open and one of them has an ad with sound playing

- Misused Meme's 

- When something is for sale but they don't list a price

- Internet random drops and the cable company being jerks about it

- System check ups in the middle of my gaming

- My husband getting easily ticked about being dropped from the net

- Asking for small favors, told they would do it, then constantly still having to REMIND them...

Here's my list :)

-People who don't know how to shut up

-People who think they are cool even though they're just jerks

-Buffering videos on YouTube

-Sonic Fanatics 

-Recolor OCs

-Allicorn OCs 

-Godmodding

-Being the Third Wheel

-Mondays

-School

-Empty Fridges

-Being Lonely at School

-When someone copies off of my work at school 

-Tests

-People who take my stuff without permission

-Being pushed around

-Jerks

-"Swag"

-Liars

-Homework over the weekends

-Not being able to draw 

-Perfume

-Whenever someone watches me while I'm on the computer or drawing 

The list could go on and on but I think that's enough. 

One of the most annoying things for me is art block, ugh!

People who are eating chips or something, lick their hands, then dive in for more, when you wanted to have some too.

People who are mean for no reason.

When your parents ask you what you're doing when you close the door. I just want to play my games without you awkwardly watching please ;-;

-When people tell me to not be clumsy. I'm sorry!

-When people bully me for being clumsy and/or not as smart. Seriously guys, i know.

-When I force myself to go to a friends house. I'd really rather be alone sometimes.

-When I turn to the sound of people coming and we awkwardly look at each other for a second.

It's really just awkward stuff for me :3

My list:

-Bad guys in RPGs that are just recolored clones of previous bad guys.

-When people talk to me about stuff without telling me what they are talking about.

-When a teacher says "YOU! Come here!" and you think they are talking to you but they are actually talking to someone in front or in back of you.

-When people ask me the same question over and over except in a different way.

-When people start fights in front of my school for attention.

-Teachers that push you out of the way.

-Teachers that expect you to still have a paper from the beginning of the school year.

- WARNING, THIS WILL OFFEND SOME PEOPLE: Fan drawings that are supposed to be an original character but are just an obvious recolor of the main character with their name spelt backwards or something.

-When someone sneaks up behind me when I'm washing my hands in a public bathroom.

-When I order an "ICEE" but the guy gives me "ICE CREAM"

-When somebody tells you not to do something that you wouldn't have thought about doing until they brought it up

-When kids at my school won't let me join their group for no reason at all.

-When people cuss for no reason! Like they just mix 3 Vulgar words together than some other person cusses with three more Vulgar words. It is annoying hearing the exact same vocabulary everyday at school. It gets old.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

-When people won't shut up about pokemon! They act like it is the ONLY RPG out there and everything else is a rip off.

-Nintendo Fanboys

-Microsoft Fanboys

(Just because you love something doesn't mean you are a fanboy. A fanboy is willing to die for their favorite thing.)

I could go on forever

Edited by Judgement

The "little" amount of views J Rabbit's other songs gets while his remix of Tequila's almost at 1.5 million.

[though, being realistic, a LOT of people don't like Dubstep, so yeah]

One word or even letter texts, people talking through movies I have never seen, chewing loudly, using my stuff without asking, one huge thing that makes me really angry is when I clean the whole house and people come in and make a mess that night.

• 2 weeks later...

It annoys me when people type random words of a sentance in italics for "emphasis" or whatever (I'm looking at you Dr. Mechano  :P

I hate it when I'm eating chips and are trying to watch a TV show and the chip noise is really loud

It annoys me my computer decides to pop up a "shutting down in 10 minutes" notification.

~ When people ask "Am I the only person who likes/dislikes/whatevers this?", especially when it's something that isn't even new or unheard of to begin with.  :okiedokielokie:

~ When my brother/sister barges into my room completely uninvited, and then leave the door wide open when they leave.

~ When people get annoyed when other people, like myself sometimes, use terms like 'anypony' or 'everypony' etc.

EDIT: ~ When people claim something is overrated, depending on what it is anyways.

Just to name a couple. :P

Edited by Sir Jackleberry