Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the mane 6 famous in Equestria?

My little pwny

The mane 6 saved Equestria multiple times. Why aren't they praised as heroines? Everypony treats them like normal and not with proper respect I think. Let's look at some of their accomplishments.

Mane 6: Saved Equestria from eternal night. Saved Equestria from Discord. Saved Canterlot from the Changlings.

Twilight: Vanquished an Ersa Minor. Lured Cerberus away from Ponyville. Got her friends back from Discord's influence.

Applejack: Saved Ponyville from stampedes.... can't remember more but I know there's a lot.

Fluttershy: Convinced a DRAGON to leave Equestria. Pushed the Pegasus tornado over the hump.

Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom! Saved the wonderbolts and Rarity among a public crowd.

I think you get the idea. Why aren't they celebrities? They have their own stain glass pane in Canterlot Castle!

You forgot Pinkie Pie saving Ponyville from Parasprite and Rarity "Turning" Spike back into normal size.

They should be treated like queens though B)

They're all well known though especially pinkie pie

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 2

Well like in boast busters they really don't like talking about their accomplishments. I think everyone thinks highly of them, as heros, but nothing more.

• Brohoof 2

They're certainly famous in Ponyville and Canterlot, the Princess's ceremony at the end of Discord's defeat made that clear. I have no idea about all the other towns though. I would think so, for Nightmare Moon and Discord's influence *everlasting night and then chaos everywhere, respectively* were a continent-wide if not globally-known occurrence, so, I imagine newspapers and such let the entire nation in on who exactly defeated the threats and returned the world to normal. Chrysalis was a Canterlot-only attack, and the other events like the Usra, etc. were also restricted to Ponyville. Even the red dragon, that wasn't -really- a continent wide thing.

So if they're known throughout Equestria, I'd imagine it's due to the defeat of Discord and Nightmare Moon *who then came back as Luna, which also would have obviously made headlines across the nation*.

I think we can establish that they're well-known, but not super famous. That can be attributed to them being humble enough, as heroes don't flaunt their accomplishments around like it's the best thing since the invention of sliced bread, even if they saved Equestria three times in a row.

On another note, Princess Celestia reminds me of Bill Belichick, the way they both manage to keep things under maximum control and their staff (in Celestia's case, her subjects) being very humble, lacking individual egos (for the most part, at least) and instead being committed to the fundamentals and living under a team-oriented roof.

• Brohoof 2

Meh, it's really an unexplained thing. Maybe the equestrians were all psyched about them after each event, but kind of got over it and went back to treating them as normal?

Well they got to be atleast a bit known.. I mean they defeated Discord and saved Equestria from chaos!

(And more stuff I'm too lazy to list)

Oh and I forgot, Fluttershy was a super-model too. Everypony should know her by now hah

Edited by Mr. Pillow
  • Brohoof 1

I think we can establish that they're well-known, but not super famous. That can be attributed to them being humble enough, as heroes don't flaunt their accomplishments around like it's the best thing since the invention of sliced bread, even if they saved Equestria three times in a row.

On another note, Princess Celestia reminds me of Bill Belichick, the way they both manage to keep things under maximum control and their staff (in Celestia's case, her subjects) being very humble, lacking individual egos (for the most part, at least) and instead being committed to the fundamentals and living under a team-oriented roof.

Had to refer to the Patriots, didn't you :P?

I just noticed this plot hole (Lololololo) after this thread was posted :P. I guess I can agree with the quote above

• Brohoof 1

It would be kind of odd if you had the Paparazzi of the world spill down on the mane 6 as thousands of ponies and beyond invade poor Ponyville looking to meet their saviors. I really do not think they would like it.

Pinky Pie might hold up a sign that said cleveland, fold up the screen and they all vanish... Cya later.

But no -- Thankfully ponies do not do that sort of thing.

they dont seem to be even well known. in that fashin episode with photo finish, those two mares in Rarity's shop didnt even know who she was...

Alot of people do consider this to be a plot hole. But it really isn't. If anything, it's realistic. Here's the way I look at it.

Say someone does something heroic, like putting their own life in danger to save a kid from a burning building. Or maybe a soldier saves a bunch of guys in a combat situation. Other than the initial media attention and any appropriate award ceremonies, you really don't hear much about the individual, unless they do something else later. Things just return to normal, and the hero goes back to his or her everyday life.

I imagine the situation with the mane 6 is similar. We've seen them get recognition and even parties thrown in their honor. But after the initial buzz, life has to return to normal at some point. It doesn't mean they aren't well known for their heroics. They'll still be remembered to some degree, whether it's the ponies of Ponyville remembering what they did, or the mural in the palace that depicts their battle with Discord. All it means is that the world is going on past the events that made them heroes.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, everypony storms the pony who makes it in the magazine cover for a short amount of time, but think she's a nobody when she saves Equestria twice amiright?

• Brohoof 2

They are not well known, remember the episode where rarity is in Canterlot? When she tells someone about rainbow dash everyone is like "who is rainbow dash?" even tought she won the flyer competition, and saved equestria from Nightmare moon and Discord? That's how much fuck ponies in this world give.

Rarity designed dresses for a buckload of famous ponies and she is not famous. Fluttershy was one of the top de la crème top-model and everyone acts like nothing happened. Twilight is the official student of Celestia (their fucking godess FFS) and nobody gives a flying feather.

Obviously Celestia neuralyzes everypony's brains after the mane 6 defeats the villain, so no one can remember anything about that, this is in order for the mane 6 to be treated like regular everyday ponies and thus, be able to learn about the basics of friendship. ^_^

It is always possible that they asked the Princesses to keep it quiet. This would also explain why they wouldn't mind it. Some of the mane 6 (Especially Fluttershy) wouldn't want all this attention, so I think that this would be possible.

Well I think they want to be treated regularly. (except Rarity)

They kind of are famous in a way, but in an I'm just a regular person you'll forget about me in 3 days famous way.

It is always possible that they asked the Princesses to keep it quiet. This would also explain why they wouldn't mind it. Some of the mane 6 (Especially Fluttershy) wouldn't want all this attention, so I think that this would be possible.

Pinkie Pie threw a party in the second episode with all of Ponyville attending. I'm guessing that the majority of the ponies possibly already know.

In the case of saving Equestria from NMM, I don't think it's known that it was the Mane 6 who defeated her. As far as I can remember, there wasn't any statement made by the Princesses or any of the ponies that it was them who beat NMM. I think it's more of a "Oh no, NMM!! Gasp! Huh? She's gone? Princess Luna isn't NMM anymore?! Yay!" kind of situation where nopony really knows the details of what happened.

However, in the case of defeating Discord, you are correct. There was a huge shindig celebrating the Mane 6's defeat of Discord so it's probably widely known that they were the heroes of Equestria. They probably are famous for that.

Defeating Chrysalis? I don't believe so. It was Shining and Cadance that ended up sticking it to Chrysie and the Changelings. The Mane 6 definitely tried and had a pretty sweet epic battle, but they did not end up defeating the horde.

But yeah, I can imagine that they are famous for at least beating Discord. But I can agree with the ideas that have been presented thus far, those being that the Mane 6 didn't want all that attention, but it doesn't change the fact that there are ponies who have no idea who the Mane 6 are.

No, it may not make sense, but in the wise words of the Spirit of Chaos himself "What fun is there in making sense?"

I think they all are really twilight sparke is one of the the best magic users rarity makes amazing dresses pinkie pie probably from all the crazy she partys she has applejack is famous from sweetapple acres fluttershy from the episode green is not your color would make her famous as a model and rainbow dash for her epic sonic rainboom

I would imagine that they are very well known in Ponyville and Canterlot but the further away they get i would think their reputation would get a little blurry. And i think thats best, the mane VI might become the downfall of all of Equestria. Imagine that you are a citizen of Equestria and you hear that your country's military and leaders are incapable of defense but six little girls are. That would incite riots.

Of course in its about time, Rainbow Dash had no trouble whatsoever getting scouting reports all the way from los pegasus. So she can't be completely unknown or she wouldnt have been able to summon on a dime pegasi from all over the place.

Edited by silvadel

• 3 years later...

I think we can establish that they're well-known, but not super famous. That can be attributed to them being humble enough, as heroes don't flaunt their accomplishments around like it's the best thing since the invention of sliced bread, even if they saved Equestria three times in a row. On another note, Princess Celestia reminds me of Bill Belichick, the way they both manage to keep things under maximum control and their staff (in Celestia's case, her subjects) being very humble, lacking individual egos (for the most part, at least) and instead being committed to the fundamentals and living under a team-oriented roof.

They seem to be well known within the military, and the royalty side of things. This is most likely because, shining armor(not sure about military ranks in Equestria, but a general, Captin, or lieutenant.) is Twilight`s brother, Also Twilight is a student of Celestia and Shining Armor is married to another royalty and also Celestia`s adopted niece. This is at least for Twilight not the rest.