Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was to end in what way do you think it would happen?

MachineGunLola

I don't think the world is going to end ... yet. Everything does come to the end, But the world hasn't come to that time yet.

I feel like I'm just copying what everyone else is saying.. XD

I actually rewatched the movie "2012" recently. Ultimate cash-in.

But really, I think the Mayans just ran out of paper writing their calendars.

(edited)

The mayans didn't use leap years.

If the world was really ending in 2012, then we'd all be dead right now. It would be a few years ago if the prediction was true.

EDIT: ABOVE ME IS A NINJA, NO, I DIDN'T STEEL IT FROM THAT PERSON.

Look, this post was 3 minutes before that person, it's just above me. So technically, he stole it form me.

Edited by Konata-Chan

The world is ending this year.

Dick Clark is dead. We have no way to have another year now. :angry:

Beat me to it :(

Anyway, of course the world will end. But not for an extremely long time.

To be honest, I could care less about a world coming to an abrupt end; if it does come to such an end then can we do anything about it?

I fear for an infinite depth of a nightmare a single human being can conjure out of his/her mind. Nothing else makes me more fearful than that. If humanity ceases to exist; it is more likely to be done by ourselves than an external factor.

No. It could happen, but it would be pure coincidence. The idea that ancient civilizations had powers to be able to predict exactly when the world will end is complete and total nonsense.

No, not this year but perhaps one day it'll all cease to exist if we follow our current ways. That is something I don't even doubt for a second now.

The mayans didn't use leap years.

If the world was really ending in 2012, then we'd all be dead right now. It would be a few years ago if the prediction was true.

EDIT: ABOVE ME IS A NINJA, NO, I DIDN'T STEEL IT FROM THAT PERSON.

Look, this post was 3 minutes before that person, it's just above me. So technically, he stole it form me.

Damn right I'm a ninja

(edited)

I think this hype over 2012 is overrated. Nothing natural will cause the world to end by then end of this year. No asteroid, no magnetic pole shift, no "earth falling into the sun" claims. If anything, I think the human race will eventually kill itself off, be it lack of resources, war, whatever.

Edited by Mint Petal

I doubt the world will end this year. It will end at one point. Two plausable theories I believe are: The sun will shrink in size gradually, rapidly expand,swallowing our solar system. The other is: The universe is constantly expanding, so all planets, galxies, all that stuff will "grow apart" and cause freezing due to the suns of solar systems being farther apart.

I hope not...I have nightmares about the world ending...dying around me as i stare onward, helpless, everything I love consumed in a raging inferno, one i cannot withstand or even hope to survive, inevitable doom rushing towards me...and then i know no more. I wake up by then but the nightmare remains vivid to this day. I hope the world doesn't end...but if it does, please don't be like my nightmare.

(edited)

Since there were no leap years, then all that 2012 crap would have already occured. So, doesn't anybody see an issue here?

Apparently, it's already over.

Posted Image

Which, in all seriousness, is actually quite plausible, considering how bad humanity is doing right now. :(

Edited by OlegEqualzName
  • Brohoof 1

Now, I have a theory on this, though there are most likely numerous holes. If you look at 2013--the year after 2012, derp--backwards, it looks like Eros, the God of *mumblemumble*. So perhaps we'll find a new way to reproduce, or there'll be a revolution in that particular area, at 2012's New Year.

I concur with my ponysona.

(edited)

Of course it will. Sooner or later the moon will start looking like this

Posted Image

and then it will crash into earth as this music plays

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

Nintendo knew this would happen so they made Majora's Mask to warn us.

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red
  • Brohoof 3

Most likely it will, for my plan is in motion, and your doom is inescapable...

Err..I mean no, of course not. Silly ponies, I don't have any scheme like that underway...I have no idea why you would think such a bizarre and unlikely thing!

(edited)

Of course not. Just because it is the end of the Mayan calendar doesn't mean the world will. If you look back people thought the world would end in 2000 but look we are still here. The only thing that will happen is the winter solstice which is normal

Edited by Thatpony124