Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moments in MLP that really touched you

TailsIsNotAlone

Continuing my post chain, on to season 3!

-The door of fear... that look of shock when Celestia tells Twilight she won't continue her studies at all. And when Twilight just curls up and cries all alone... gives Hurricane Fluttershy a run for its money :(
-Magic Duel... magic of friendship, indeed :) Trixie asking for forgiveness was pretty sweet too.
Sleepless in Ponyville... I love this episode so much :wub:

-Scootaloo's joy at being noticed by Rainbow Dash.

-The other crusaders trying not to break her spirit even though they didn't think she had a chance with Rainbow.

-Running to get the branches while scared to death.

-And of course, "the scene"... the confession, Rainbow's wonderful response that didn't make her feel bad even for a second, and the hug to hug all hugs.

-The bit with Rarity finally enjoying herself racing.

-Scootaloo's assisted flying.

-Wonderbolt Academy... this:

post-9686-0-80888100-1361589875_thumb.jpg

-Spike At Your Service, when Rainbow talks about writing. Awesome character growth. Also hilarious expression on Applejack's face at the prospect of discussing her novel in front of Rarity... I'm guessing it's a steamy romance :lol:

-Keep Calm And Flutter On, when Discord realizes that he may never get another chance to have a friend.

-Just For Sidekicks... Dashie and Tank. Both times. No quantity of insulin can save a person after seeing that.

Magical Mystery Cure...

-Pinkie's return to farm work, the bane of her childhood.

-Applejack's tears when the sewing machine jams and Rarity helps her.

-Celestia's song.

-Twilight's an alicorn! Fanfics are great, but even better to see it happen in the actual show.

-Twilight's first concern about being a princess is how it affects her relationship with Celestia.

-CELESTIA'S NOT DYING! YAY! That was the worst potential reason for Twilight becoming an alicorn.

-DERPY!

-Twilight's speech, making sure the citizens know how important the other 5 are.

Wow, there have been many moments.

A few of the biggest ones are:

+ The part in 'Friendship is Magic, part 2' when Twilight gets that spark and realises how much her new friends mean to her and then when they use the Elements for the first time. I was just like 'awwwww!' ;')

+ Hurricane Fluttershy, oh my god it made my heart die a little when Fluttershy ran off crying and Rainbow Dash did that frustrated buck. Amazing emotion they pulled off in that scene.

+ The memories in 'The Return of Harmony part 2' when Twilight reads all the letters and also when Applejack returns to normal. So cute! :3

+ The sad song Twilight sung in the season 3 finale. Holy crap, that was a gorgeous song. It really got to me. And the shading in that scene was beautiful.

+ All the flashbacks of previous episodes in the season 3 finale and then Twi changed into an alicorn. Wow, those memories made me tear up. :') And then the end of the finale made me literally cry!

+ The part when Rainbow quit Wonderbolts Academy. That really made me sad, and also made everyone appreciate Dash's personality a bit more.

+ When Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo became sisters!!!!! :D I've watched that scene so many times cos it's so sweet. :333

There are more, but just too many to put down. xD

Edited by SparklyPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

this:

Actually, It wasn't that, but i couldn't find the part of Just for Sidekicks where RD nuzzled Tank. :3

Oh yeah, and this. Best episode ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLSh-aPVwg

Yes, I am aware of that ^

haha I would love to see your expressions.

Edited by Fireball Rush

• 3 months later...
(edited)

My Little Pony has made me so sensitive and emotional and all that junk. It makes me have feels on such a regular basis. It's mostly not the sad parts that get me though, it's the incredibly happy parts. I kind of grew up seeing the world as cynical and horrible, and everyone always told me I need to grow up, long before I started watching MLP.

For me the best one was Pinkie's cutie mark story. I love the idea of someone feeling joy for the first time and deciding that their entire life should be devoted to making others happy. It's the exact opposite of how I saw the world for most of my life.

rFSrNaw.png?1

I'm definitely a happier person since I became a brony, I see things positively now.

Edited by James
  • Brohoof 2

For me it was when Scootaloo confessed that she was pretending to be brave when she was actually really scared to Rainbow Dash. That made me tear up for reals. Also when Twilight thought Celestia was going to send her back to Magic Kindergarten.

I get emotional from almost any Fluttershy episode. They bring up memories of fear, bullying, being misunderstood and generally memories of my childhood of depression and shyness. So watching most of those episodes can put me in a funk. Also, I get very upset when people are mean, so Gilda, Trixie and even Rainbow Dash have caused me to get angry and cry... I'm just a wreck when it comes to MLP. It's the only show that gets me this way. 

There have been episodes that made me cry from happiness however, too, like Celestia's ballad in the Magical Mystery Cure.

~Leafy

• Brohoof 1

I agree with leafcascade, almost any fluttershy episode has made me cry. I used to be like her until I stood up for myself and broke my shell. I guess you could say I became a Pinkie pie over the years? And OH DEAR GOD that scootaloo episode had me in tears.

• Brohoof 2

Aside from the obvious Fluttershy cry scene in Hurricane Fluttershy....

This bit....

(Violins begin to play a woeful lament)

Derpy looks so sad sad.png

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mikestar.

The most moving moment, would have to be when Scootaloo did reveal her fears to Rainbow Dash then the tears started to happen.

img-1570517-1-176974__UNOPT__animated.gi

thats the winner right there only part thats close to as touching is when rd was holding her when she was flying. This episode made me like scootaloo better then the orhe cmc's

post-16202-0-65424500-1371532239.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Gosh, there's just so many touching moments. I'll go ahead and go with one I tend to mention a lot, because it involves AJ, who is my favorite.

That scene in Dragonshy where Applejack decides to help a scared Fluttershy around the mountain another way. Yeah, it's a minor scene, and I know others have already mentioned it, but it was one of those moments that sealed the deal for me on deciding who my favorite pony was. It just goes to show what kind of a selfless leader AJ is.

640px-Applejack_coming_for_Fluttershy_S0

Sliding down the mountain like a boss, Applejack shows that she's strong, patient, understanding, and has an amazing sense of teamwork and togetherness. This is a moment that proves that Applejack is, as she herself puts it, "The loyalest of friends and most dependable of ponies!" And we know AJ is (usually) honest. She wouldn't say that if it weren't true. It was just a really endearing moment for me to see this pony offer to carry her struggling friend up the mountain another way when nobody else would. I might add that Applejack was consistently patient with Fluttershy throughout the entirety of the episode, several times offering her some words of comfort. Applejack is seriously the best friend anyone could ever hope to ask for.

• Brohoof 5

The entirety of Read it and Weep. Despite being a Season 2 episode, it is (and remains to this day) my all time favorite episode and one that has never truly been topped.

On the opposite end of the Spectrum, I was touched by Lesson Zero...in sheer, unbridled HATRED. Wasn't sure if it counted, but hey X3

True True Friend really touched me, when the other five regain their memories and realize who truly are and thats what friends do was very touching to me. Think of it like you are lost and your friends guide through the safe path :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There were a few for me.

Biggest one for me has got to be the moment Discord realises that he actually cares for Fluttershy's friendship.Gets me every time. I'm actually tearing up as I type this out too.

img-1570832-1-discord_has_a_heart_becaus

Another big one for me was when Rainbow Dash did her Sonic Rainboom, before she saved the Wonderbolts and Rarity.

img-1570832-2-20121229075059!Rainbow_Das

and of course Hurricane FLuttershy...

img-1570832-3-Fluttershy_crying_3_S2E22.

As well as the True True Friend and it's what my cutie mark is telling me bits.

_vector_7__it_s_what_my_cutie_mark_is_te

I"m sure there's more....I KNOW there's more...but these are what came to mind.

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 1

The first thing that came to mind was the moment in the Crystal Empire where Spike and Twilight look into that portal and they believe their worst fears have come to pass. That gets me every time, especially Spike's worst fear. 

Celestia's Ballad is, in my opinion, the most touching song in MLP. I love seeing how far Twilight has come and how proud Celestia is of her. It's a nice mentor/student moment. 

• Brohoof 1

I cried twice while watching the show:

The first time was during the smile song. To me it's the best song of the best episode of the best show.

The second time I cried was during the "I have to find a way" song 'cause it reminded me of a sad moment where I lost a friend of mine due to my fault.

• Brohoof 1

The part in party of one where Pinkie gets sad.

hqdefault.jpg

How her expression changes and her entire character pretty much changes. Saddest thing ever.

I find that it's Pinkie Pie who most regularly makes me feel things.

• Brohoof 1

Among others:

When Celestia and Luna were finally reunited after 1,000 years.

When Rarity decided to save Fluttershy's fashion show (even though Fluttershy hated it).

When Twilight managed to un-Discord both herself and her friends out of depression.

When Pinkie reunited Cranky and that other mule lady (I forget her name) after presumably 40+ years of separation.

When Iron Will showed honor to Fluttershy & Co. at the end of his episode.

When SPIKE ultimately helped to both free the Crystal Empire and literally blow King Sombra's head off.

When Babs turned over a new leaf.

When Pinkie managed to watch paint dry for all that time out of determination to not be separated from her friends forever.

When Trixie turned over a new leaf.

When Discord turned over a new leaf ("most of the time").

Twilight fixing her friends' cutie marks, and her subsequent coronation.

• Brohoof 1

The most moving moment, would have to be when Scootaloo did reveal her fears to Rainbow Dash then the tears started to happen.

img-1570517-1-176974__UNOPT__animated.gi

To be honest, I think the most moving part for me from that episode was actually shortly before this scene, while Scootaloo's still in her nightmare and Princess Luna shows up and dispels the Headless Horse.  The first time I saw that, my jaw dropped - I was just starting to really sympathize with Scootaloo's unconstrained terror when Luna appeared, and instantly I felt really comforted by her presence.

I'm not denying that Scootaloo facing up to her fears is a tremendously moving scene as well, but I think Luna's appearance had an even stronger impact on me personally. :)

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, Im reading everyones posts and it makes me tear up, pretty badly I might add. Such a wonderful show and I'd have to say that the entire episode of Magical Mystery Cure was the most emotional for me. I cried so hard out of joy and I still do when I think about it. There are others..

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure people have said all of the moments I'm about to say but here it goes...

I loved Sonic Rainboom (I remember jumping out of my chair and cheering when Rainbow Dash did the sonic rainboom!)

BBBFF, this song is by far my favorite song from the show and was a really touchy feely moment for me

and lastly I've Got to Find a Way and Celestia's Ballad from Magical Mystery Cure. I've Got to Find a Way just evoked so much sadness. On the other hand Celestia's Ballad made me proud of Twilight and I also enjoyed remembering all the awesome things she had done previously in the show.

• Brohoof 2

First, there was Twilight's reprise of BBBFF in part 1 of A Canterlot Wedding that made me cry despite being an only child.

Next came the ending of "Apple Family Reunion", because my grandmother passed away the summer before the episode aired, and so much in that episode reminded me of her.

Then was "Celestia's Ballad", I just felt so proud for Twilight that I cried. Freaking Twilight, giving me feels and making me shed liquid pride, moreso than any other pony.

• Brohoof 2

For me, it's gotta be either the ending of Sleepless in Ponyville, with Dash literally taking Scootaloo under her wing, or Rarity running the obstacle course covered in mud alongside Sweetie Belle in Sisterhooves Social.

Sweetie Belle:  "You did this for me?"

Rarity: "Us.  I did it for *us*,"

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy sceens usally touch me the most since i feel the most sympathy twords her.

I don't know if this counts but in the Equestria girls movie the sceen where she was passing out flyiers for her animal shelter, only to be ignored by everyone she sat down and curled up then started crying sad.png  plus the fact that she sat alone in the cafetira till Twilight came and even SunsetShimmer made fun of her because her only friends are stray animals only made me feel worse. :/

• Brohoof 1