Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your favorite racing games

Jon the VGNerd

Talk about your favorite racing games that you loved the most, be it showing off your rides or outrunning your competitors with your favorite vehicle, be it the realistic Gran Turismo or the arcade-y Ridge Racer, or any other racing games that you love from generations past. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars: Pod Racer.

Especially in the arcade where you actually sat in the pod racer cockpit, and adjusted the throttle to the left and right engines independantly to turn.

That, was truly an experience.

• Brohoof 2

No Mario Kart? Definition right there, brah!

But mainstream aside, I always took a liking to Crash Team Racing. Beautiful courses, fair item system, and GREAT steering and turbo slide controls. The Adventure Mode was challenging, like those dang Relic Challenges. There were very few courses where I could grab all those time boxes. Slimy bastards hid them in the most random or tough spots. >.>

• Brohoof 1

No Mario Kart? Definition right there, brah!

But mainstream aside, I always took a liking to Crash Team Racing. Beautiful courses, fair item system, and GREAT steering and turbo slide controls. The Adventure Mode was challenging, like those dang Relic Challenges. There were very few courses where I could grab all those time boxes. Slimy bastards hid them in the most random or tough spots. >.>

I know that feel on CTR, but I actually managed to do it all on Platinum! YAHOO! One of the things I'm more proud of B)

Anyway, my favorite racing games? Well, there's a lot of them actually. I could actually tell all of the Gran Turismo series, but I'll stick with GT5, because it's actually harder than the previous ones (except for the licenses of GT1...those I NEVER finished in Gold completely...and they were only 3 licenses...). Then, I also like Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart as well. Big fan of the Crash Bandicoot series overall :lol: . Then, I haven't played all of the Need for Speed games, but the ones I DID play, like NFS Porsche Unleashed, NFS High Stakes, NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Underground 1 and 2, and NFS Most Wanted, I DID enjoy them a lot...now that I think about it, I think NW and HS I never DID finish...and of course, 2 games that are not THAT known but still known. Test Drive 5 made my life complete on the PC during it's time, and one of my total favs, is Burnout 3 Takedown....so...much...fun! And of course, Daytona USA. HOW can I forget that game!? I'm not from USA, but it was still really fun to play it with others (as it always is :mellow: ). And there's also the The Fast and the Furious arcade game. It's also fun (NITROUS!). While I think this doesn't count, I'm still putting this one game anyway. Nitro Pack 76' Interstate. When I used to have that game on the PC, trust me. Destroying cars using guns and missiles was NEVER as fun as that game. :wub: .

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 1

For me it will always be the original Lego Racers from the 90s. Playing with Lego and racing at the same time? How can that not be awesome? Naturally, nostalgia is a very large part of my resason.

My favourite racing game is and always will be Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

In it's time, it was absolutely amazing. I spent hours playing that game. The soundtrack was pretty dang good, and killin' 'dem copperz was jus' so mush fuhnz.

• Brohoof 1

What, no players here playing MotorStorm? I love the Need for Speed series (especially Most Wanted and the Underground games) and Split Second but what really caught my attention was MotorStorm. I loved Pacific Rift. Apocalypse was okay but the engines sounded "weak". Honestly, the engine sounds from MotorStorm: Pacific Rift sounded like damn vacuum cleaners (it's loud).

My childhood was all about Mario Kart 64, Cruisin' World, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. Racing games have always been one of my favorite game genres.

I also really like NFS: Underground and Most Wanted (Underground 2 was good, but it just didn't have the spectacular drifting feel that the first one did) and most recently, I've been big into Forza 4 and Blur. I played the demo for Split Second and liked it quite a lot, but haven't had the money to buy it.

I got NFS:Carbon for Christmas one year and it was complete garbage.

I think DiRT deserves a mention here as well.

EDIT: Off-topic, but I happened to notice this is my 700th post, lol. Carry on.

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 1

Oh my favourite racing game is Crash team racing (PS1) - I just love it. I think I will try to beat oxide on all tracks soon if I have time :).

Another good game is 4x4 world trophy (PS1) - I have really good memories from my childhood.

And finally Need for speed underground 2, which I played with my brothers and cousin many times. I like the car customization very much.

Anybody ever heard of running wild? It's an anthro racing game made by the creators of Crash Bandicoot released in 1998. A bit of an obscure title, i enjoyed playing the demo for awhile but found myself a hard copy awhile ago.

I have always been a lover of Mario Kart Double Dash. To me, it has my favorite tracks, karts, and soundtrack. I also just love the concept of the two people per kart thing. I also love the Need for Speed series and whenever it comes out, Pony Kart.

Well out of my top 3 favorite racing games would be Mario Kart Wii, Diddy Kong Racing 64, and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero. I find the characters and vehicles to be good. For Mario Kart Wii, I pick out toadette, blue falcon the most, bullet bike if i don't get blue falcon. For Diddy Kong Racing 64, I just picked out Tiptup and then Later on in the game, I just picked T.T after unlocking all the tracks and beat his Time. For Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero, I used to play that game a lot on my brother's save file and lost a lot of times, but When I started my own file, my brother told me what car I should start out so I went with his suggestion.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gran Turismo 5. I'm in two weekend leagues. I love the car selections and the tracks. I bought a wheel for it and it I enjoy it a lot more now than when I used it with a controller.

• Brohoof 1

I have a few favorites, thanks to my dad for playing with me as he enjoys a lot racing games.

-Gran Turismo 4: definitely the best racing game i have ever played.

-Need for Speed Shift: Hate me on this one but i enjoy these kind of racing games more than the street racing ones.

-Crash Team Racing: This game is AWESOME.

-Colin McRae Rally 2.0: Incredible rally game, this was the game i was always playing with my dad back when i had my PSX.

-Toca 2: This game really impressed me because of the awesome graphics it had, even though it was a PSX game.

Eh...does anybody else here like Midnight Club: LA? I don't really know why, but it is still my favorite to this day. Though, I'll sometimes play a few others like GT4, NFSMW, ect...

I have a few favorites, thanks to my dad for playing with me as he enjoys a lot racing games.

-Gran Turismo 4: definitely the best racing game i have ever played.

-Need for Speed Shift: Hate me on this one but i enjoy these kind of racing games more than the street racing ones.

-Crash Team Racing: This game is AWESOME.

-Colin McRae Rally 2.0: Incredible rally game, this was the game i was always playing with my dad back when i had my PSX.

-Toca 2: This game really impressed me because of the awesome graphics it had, even though it was a PSX game.

And my dad bought GT1, the first racing game I ever touched...I'll always love him for that, especially because he played me on that time. Also, played GT5? Then, NFSS, haven't played. Haven't touched NFS in a while, although it's not because I don't like NFS (hell I love it too). CTR, BUCK YEAH! McRae DOUBLE BUCK YEAH! (I had totally forgotten that one...thank you, and shame on me :mellow: ). I've hear of TOCA, but never played it.

I can't really pick my ultimate favorite, so here are a few:

-Burnout 3 Takedown

-Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

-Midnight Club 1 and 3

-The ENTIRE Need For Speed Series except Pro Street and The Run

-Gran Turismo 5

-MotorStorm

-Forza 3

-GRID

Edited by BeauDozer
  • Brohoof 1

Let me list the ones I own: Super Mario Kart (for SNES), Gran Turismo 3, & Gran Turismo 5 (with almost all DLC)

GT5 is by far my favorite.

I have always loved the racing game genre

Mario Kart 64, Gran Turismo series, Burnout game series, Diddy Kong Racing (n64), (Mario Kart series), Forza Motorsport series, Midnight Club 3 Dub:Edition for ps2/xbox, Crazy Taxi, Simpsons Hit & Run, Sega Rally 2 Dreamcast

Those are all the racing games I spent alot of time on.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't really played many racing games since the PSX days but of those, three stood out. Gran Turismo,The Italian Job and Ridge Racer, they just have that arcadey feel from the 80's that no one does anymore. Talking about racing games, I should really try Crazy Taxi.

Haven't really played many racing games since the PSX days but of those, three stood out. Gran Turismo,The Italian Job and Ridge Racer, they just have that arcadey feel from the 80's that no one does anymore. Talking about racing games, I should really try Crazy Taxi.

God I haven't played The Italian Job for years. I don't think I ever did finish that game now that I think about it. Ahh those older games were great classics.

• Brohoof 2

God I haven't played The Italian Job for years. I don't think I ever did finish that game now that I think about it. Ahh those older games were great classics.

Didn't really thought many people would remember that game. Shame that those games of yesteryears are often overlooked for the new flashy experiences.