Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your favorite racing games

Jon the VGNerd

Didn't really thought many people would remember that game. Shame that those games of yesteryears are often overlooked for the new flashy experiences.

Oh yes those games of yesteryears were the bain and the beginning of my love for gaming. The Italian Job, Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, and Nascar Rumble were the first games I ever played that involved vehicles.

And my dad bought GT1, the first racing game I ever touched...I'll always love him for that, especially because he played me on that time. Also, played GT5? Then, NFSS, haven't played. Haven't touched NFS in a while, although it's not because I don't like NFS (hell I love it too). CTR, BUCK YEAH! McRae DOUBLE BUCK YEAH! (I had totally forgotten that one...thank you, and shame on me :mellow: ). I've hear of TOCA, but never played it.

GT1 is amazing too, i have to agree, but i like GT4 more than GT3 and GT2. I never played GT5 and probably never will since i don't want to buy a PS3. I'm happy to see you remembered such a great game, don't worry, it's pretty old so no shame.

GT1 is amazing too, i have to agree, but i like GT4 more than GT3 and GT2. I never played GT5 and probably never will since i don't want to buy a PS3. I'm happy to see you remembered such a great game, don't worry, it's pretty old so no shame.

GT3 I am yet to play (bought the game, never played so far due to lack of memory card space), but GT4 is a game I spent a LOT of time in. I believe I bought all cars in both GT2 and GT4 as well as doing everything in gold. I felt so friggin proud B) . The only thing I will always have a karma is the licenses of GT1. No matter how hard I tried, getting all three in gold was impossible for me. Maybe someday I'll be able to :D . As for McRae, it hasn't been THAT much since I last played it, but I used to play that game quite a lot, especially with how fun it was to play it against others. I believe I still ahve it somewhere in my PSX games, and I'm sure would be playing it right now if it weren't for other games ^_^ .
  • Brohoof 2

I kinda like stuff like Need for Speed and Mario Kart, but when it comes to racing games, there is only one that is king: F-Zero GX!

Posted Image

Not only is it one of the fastest racing games ever made, it's also probably one of the most difficult games ever, with tons of content as well, but good luck trying to unlock everything. ;)

(Shouldn't this be a poll? Sorry =3)

Well, Forza 4.

But i hate the rewind feature.

Its like...

Well, It's a bit like this.

Posted Image

See what i mean?

100% accurate.

Yes.

i loved the concept behind mario kart double dash. road rash was fun back in the day but me and my brother would get bored and wind up running down pedestrians for kicks. the last realistic one i bought however, was need for speed underground 2. i thought it was a pretty good game, but im not big on the realistic ones. i bought it only because it had my car in it and i could customize it lmao

Posted Image

Burnout 3 is a really big favorite of mine, it's really fun to do the takedowns, and NASCAR 2005: Chase for the cup is really fun, but I need to update. Who cares, the cars looked nice in 2004. :P
  • Brohoof 2

Crash Team Racing

Crash Nitro Cart

Crash Tag Team Racing

Need For Speed: Hot Pusuit 2

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Gran Turismo 2

Gran Turismo 4

Good choice of games. I liked playing all of the PS1. I think the other are PS2 - from here I know CNK and CTTR which is also fun to play. As for the NFS I didn't play any of these I played only Underground 2 and the very first NFS on PS1 - it had kinda funny graphics :D. Edited by Gekoncze

ExciteBite 64, the first video game that my parents ever bought me. It would definitely have to be my favorite racing game of all time and it really made my childhood.

I should be thank you for posting this thread, because I remember so much from my childhood. :)

(Shouldn't this be a poll? Sorry =3)

Well, Forza 4.

But i hate the rewind feature.

Its like...

Well, It's a bit like this.

Posted Image

See what i mean?

100% accurate.

Yes.

A poll isn't neccesary, since there are TONS of racing games from different generations, so creating it would take an eternity to do so. ^^'

• Brohoof 1

Not really into racing games now (because I suck at them), but I used to enjoy the game ToCA 2 for the PS1. It was really customisable and I liked that. I used to have GT4 as well for the PS2, that was fun.

• 6 years later...

My favorite were the Need for Speed series from Need for speed III through Underground. I think Need For Speed III is the only game that I ever played through completely.

post-24370-0-59382400-1420753537.jpg

START YOUR ENGINES! A SONY ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA PRODUCTION!!! :love:

...ahem, Crash Team Racing.

• Brohoof 1