Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually use Caps lock ever?

Zygen

117 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use caps lock or just shift?

• I use caps lock
    • I just hold shift

As a programmer, I occasionally have use for it---constants in Java are usually done with ALL_CAPS and with underscores in place of spaces.  But if it's a short enough constants name, I usually just use shift.

I have to admit caps lock made more sense for typewriters than it did for computer keyboards, though.

• Brohoof 1

Caps lock is my TeasmSPEAK push to TALK. Gets kinda ANNOying when I use IT WHILE typing.

I occasionally use the caps lock key when I need to type something in all caps... LIKE THIS. Oh, and I tend to use bold and/or italics in tandem with the caps, too!

I hold shift, unless i want to speak the language of princess Luna!

If I'm sitting next to one of my friends who is using a computer, I like to sneak-ninja and press it for fun. I also use it when I'm jokingly Caps Locking someone to death, but I'm about 50-50 on Caps lock and holding shift.

Case in point, I never use it seriously.

Yes! I use it for my push to talk key in voice chats also when I am joking with friends. Funny enough I never take caps lock off at work because 99% of everything I need to enter is all caps.

I don't really use caps locks. Even if I want to have a word all in uppercase, I still hold down the shift key while I type the word. Maybe if I someday use the Royal Canterlot Voice, then I'll use cap locks (it's so funny. When I typed "Canterlot", my phone autocorrected it to the word in caplocks. The irony lol).

YEP.  WHEN I WANT TO TALK IN ALL CAPS. I use shift the most though. kinda frustrating when I hit it and forget that I have it on and yell at someone in steam or something :P

Edited by KrazyDashie

Why Wouldn't you?

Seriously I have been doing it for years and unless I am using a chromebook which for some strange reason doesn't have a caps lock key I use the obvious caps lock key instead of using shift.

A lot more people use shift instead than I thought would. Huh who would have thought.

I literally have my caps lock key re-labeled as 'Royal Canterlot Voice'. For obvious reasons. After I did that I made sure that I used it more, for emphasis. But I use shift for often because it's the proper typing way to capitalize.