Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Rarest video games you own?

SUPERFOX5

The rarest game I own right now is Link: The Faces of Evil for the Philips CDi. It is one of three unofficial Zelda games for the CDi. I am trying to get the other two. I also have the Zelda collectors edition promotional disc, and the Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time Master Quest disc. Both are on GameCube.

Ocarina of Time itself isn't a rare game, but some of the cartridge versions are. I have the collectors edition gold cart, which is the first release of Ocarina of Time in the states. It was also only for those who preordered the game. I also have the earliest release grey cart. Both got replaced with a new version # not long after being release, fixing bugs mostly. Both are rare, with the grey cart being the rarest with the earliest version #. Of course, most people don't know or don't care. I am collecting all the games, so of course I would know about it. I also have the Japanese version of A Link to the Past and a demo cartridge for Spirit Tracks.

• Brohoof 1

I have a Peter Pan game based on the movie Hook for the Sega Genesis that is probably really rare. In fact, I have lot of rare games for that system. I also have the original Gameboy Color version of Super Mario Bros., Pokémon Snap for the Nintendo 64, and the original Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow for the GBC. I don't know how rare it is, but I also have all of the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Final Fantasy games across all systems from when they originally came out. I inherited my (awesome) grandma's video game collection to supplement my own a couple years  ago.

PS2: I have the original kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts re: chain of memories, coming in at 84%, 80% GBA: Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap at 84%

I have those as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I have two that I'm particularly proud of.

Exhibit A:

ebsnes_zps3d9f8810.jpeg

Yes, this is a real-deal, legit copy of the game. Got it a few years ago on eBay for roughly 80 spondoolies. Was it worth it? Hell yes. Unfortunately, after a few months the internal battery started dying, but I easily replaced it (I'm pretty handy with old cartridges) and it works just like new.

Exhibit B:

eb0nes_zpsed008a75.jpeg

This baby's custom-made. There are rumors that ROM-dumped carts are buggy and don't work properly, but that isn't true at all. The game runs beautifully and hasn't froze even once while playing it, and I've beaten it, even Giegue. Great game, really. If you're a fan on old-school turn-based RPGs, you'll love this one.

So, any of you own any games that most people never come across?

• Brohoof 4

I used to own a PPG Gameboy game, but I have no idea where that went, so I guess the next best thing is owning a nintendo gammins system or whatever this thing is called...

41%20Super%20Nintendo%20Entertainment%20

• Brohoof 1

Dunno how rare it is but new copies of it go for over $100+ and that's Lunar 2:Eternal Blue Complete for the playstation, it came with a put of extra stuff

post-16202-0-44482200-1377642999_thumb.jpg

This isnt my photo of it since i put mine away since i seen how much it was worth

The only ither thing i have is the 3d glasses for Sega Master System

Forgot i also own Shining Force abd Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis the game case and book are hard to come by

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 6

I have this...

post-9228-0-09912100-1377643128_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if it is unique or outdated, but I really, really like this game...

It's like Alice went insane from her house burning down, and her personal wonderland is in ruins.

It's really fun seeing all those childish cartoon characters as horrifying creatures of despair. 

• Brohoof 3

Lucky!

The rarest and unique video game I own is the copy of the original ICO on the PS2.

It's extremely rare and difficult to find new and even used!

It's one of my favorite games of all time.

If I haven't heard of it, it's usually pretty hard-to-find.

A PSX game, no less. Those are generally a bitch to get ahold of. :comeatus:

How'd you get it?

If I haven't heard of it, it's usually pretty hard-to-find.

A PSX game, no less. Those are generally a bitch to get ahold of. :comeatus:

How'd you get it?

My cousin said this game was horrible at the time, so he gave it to me.

At first, the cover looked bland, but after playing it, I had no negatives for it.

But when I played it back several years later, I was amazed how great of a game it was.

I think just about the "rarest" thing I own is an ice blue Gameboy Pocket. Not really incredibly rare, but it was a special edition color. Purchased it from eBay a number of years ago with a game for $20 or so. I see 'em go for around $30-50 these days.

(Not my picture)

gbpocket.JPG

• Brohoof 2

I bought a European copy of Tales of Eternia while I was visiting relatives in Mexico

Odin Sphere for the PS2, since I assume Vanillaware games don't sell much

• Brohoof 3

I bought a European copy of Tales of Eternia while I was visiting relatives in Mexico

Odin Sphere for the PS2, since I assume Vanillaware games don't sell much

Can't say I've heard of either of them.

It's even weirder that you found a Euro copy in Mexico of all places.

I think just about the "rarest" thing I own is an ice blue Gameboy Pocket. Not really incredibly rare, but it was a special edition color. Purchased it from eBay a number of years ago with a game for $20 or so. I see 'em go for around $30-50 these days.

(Not my picture)

I've never seen a Pocket like that before, actually. I have a standard blue one, but they're dirt-common. Still though, it's cool.

The rarest game I have ever owned (to North America) is Contact for Nintendo DS. It really isn't too rare in NA, (even though it seems I'm one of the few to play it in this region) I actually bought it at a shopping mall for about 30-ish dollars on the year of it's release, 2006.

250px-Contact_boxart.jpg

I don't really own any games that are too valuable. I use to own a copy of the Futurama game for PS2, and I was told by a friend that it's apparently valuable. Gamestop gave me 20-30 bucks for it a few years ago, so that's cool.

Even though you can play it for free on the internet, and hack it onto your phone, I am a proud owner of Pokémon Yellow. I just think it's cool to own a real copy of one of the older Pokemon games. I had a copy of blue but I lost it.

• Brohoof 1

I've got a few sorry in advance for the bad lighting.

This isn't all to rare because it just came out in July but I think in a few years it'll start going up in price.

IMG_0183_zps6223cd66.jpg

This also isn't rare or unique but it was reasled in limited quanity so I'll just post it.

IMG_0178_zps4981fd5d.jpg

These are pretty unique.

IMG_0176_zps375b63d5.jpg

This is rare I think I've only seen it once.

IMG_0175_zps3293aa9e.jpg

When I bought this they told me this was rare so yeah.

IMG_0171_zpsca177ce5.jpg

Ok this game is unique with the ship battles and stuff.

IMG_0170_zps38862c73.jpg

Even though I enjoyed ep 1 nad 2 more this is still pretty good when yo ucould find someone to play with online.

IMG_0169_zpsba0746eb.jpg

I know this is rare I was able to get it right before it went out of production.

IMG_0168_zps83311a4a.jpgIMG_0182_zps568925d2.jpg

And this is the rarest game I own. It's not even that good but man it's so hard to fine me and my bro found it at a local game store why back when.

IMG_0181_zpsf29f9472.jpg

I also have the Legend of Zelda collectors edition but the box is to messed up and not really presentable. That what I get for getting it used I guess.

• Brohoof 3

I don't own any rare games that I can think of but I do own so old stuff. I have an NES with a few games such as Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, Ninja Gaiden, RBI Baseball, Donkey Kong 3 and this game just called Pro Wrestling.

Edited by Super Derpy

I don't know how rare they are but I will go thru a few of my favorites.

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)

Chrono Trigger for the (SNES)

Growlanser Generations Deluxe (PS2)

Magic Knight Rayearth (Sega Saturn)

Sailor Moon S (Super Famcom) SNES Import

Sailor Moon SuperS (PS1) Import

If I can get my camera to work Ill post a photo.

• Brohoof 1

Rare games ? Of course i own a Rare game ! Conker: Live & Reloaded an amazing game ! One of my favorites,love the story and the characters and the quotes in that game are AWESOME (saw what i did there?)  

post-18658-0-17182700-1377644501_thumb.jpg 

Any other rare games that i own ? Let me pick up the Atari 2600 box and let me see the games 

*10 minutes later*

OK,i have: Ikari Warriors (i have seen it go for 150 on ebay)

Radar Lock;

RealSports SOCCER;

SOLARIS;

Xenophobe;

MoonPatrol;

Secret Quest

and last but not least Jungle Hunt 

This games and the console where gave me by my father,the console was his

An other strange but rare game that i have is "Whacked" an xbox game,i have never seen it anywhere else a part my house and noboby seems to know it,it's a really strange (but fun) game,i remember that the first time that i played it (for like 20 minutes) my head was going to explode,i had an incredible headache,and one time that one of my friends come to my house we started to play it...the next day my friend had a fever...that game was made by satan himself ! °-° 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/WhackedXbox.jpg (a link to the box art of the game)

• Brohoof 2

I own a SNES game called "pierre leChef is Out for lunch", a jump n run whre you help the little cook recollect escaped (and living) vegetables and other ingredients. Rather weird game with an even weirder secret stage where you have to ring bells in a certain order to make snowflakes fall down and catch said snowflakes...still dunno what that was all about

Rare... Well at home we have a still funktioning N64 with a lot of good Games.

- Zelda Ocarina of Time

- Mario 64

- F0X

- Pokemon snap

- Pokemon Stadium 1&2

- Mario Party 1

- and some Others

Also we have a Sega Mega Drive that still works. With the Game Sonic the Hedgehog.

Some of the N64 Games are about 30€-40€ used. ( If they were in original package and unused they go up to 200€)

• Brohoof 1

I have a copy of Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II for the Gamecube. Pretty rare game; used copies usually go for about $50 or so.

• Brohoof 1