Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Rarest video games you own?

SUPERFOX5

SNES - Mortal Kombat 2

Game Boy Color - Pokemon Pinball.

That is pretty much all I've got. Pokemon Pinball is pretty cool. But Mortal Kombat 2 isn't as fun as the new Mortal Kombat.

• Brohoof 1

What I have is Zelda's Collector's Edition for Gamecube and a GameBoy with it's carrying case!

It's not the greatest things in the world but very good to have...Because it's so fun rubbing it in people's faces.

SNES - Mortal Kombat 2

Game Boy Color - Pokemon Pinball.

That is pretty much all I've got. Pokemon Pinball is pretty cool. But Mortal Kombat 2 isn't as fun as the new Mortal Kombat.

The Mortal Kombat games are actually quite common, none of them are higher than a 1 on DG and vaule of $2 aside from the SMS verisons.

• 1 month later...

Super Smash Brothers, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Paper Mario (with box), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GameGear), Toy Story (N64), Pokemon Snap, Star Wars Racing (or something like that for N64), Desert Assault (SNES), Donkey Kong 64, Mortal Kombat 2 (GameGear), Sonic Drift 2 (GameGear), I dunno I have a lot.

• Brohoof 1

Dragons Breath / Dragon Lord - this game existed for a couple of months back in the 90's - the company that wrote it (Palace Software) went bankrupt very shortly after - so you could not buy it! (of course the Internet was not really suited to sharing it back then either!)

There has never been a game like it before or since, it was available on the Atari ST and Amiga and it was FANTASTIC! 

Basically there are three magic alchemists who own and bread dragons - incubate their eggs, train them, cast magic spells, have them rescue princesses on a mission, conquer regions of the map, build cities, use them to demand tax from people and extend your control of the world!

In this sense it was really an early forerunner to something like Pokemon or some sort of virtual pet - the dragons got sick, fought each other for control of territory and often died in battle!  I cried more than once as a kid!! Lol You could have up to three players (human if you wished) which added a whole new dimension.

This montage I put together myself, and I believe it is one of the only videos of it's kind on YouTube.

TL:DR ... just take a look ;)

Edited by CyberFlash

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2.I only saw them in stock,like,once.After that,never saw any other copies ever again.

I think my bro still has the disc of the original Marvel vs. Capcom for PS1.It skips on the songs though. :(

• Brohoof 1

not all that rare, but i have Illusion of Gaia for the SNES w/ box and everything that came with it. at one time i was the owner of all the good snes rpgs, but ended up selling most of them on eBay. 

Rarest game I've got is Equinox for the SNES. I tried playing it once, and I instantly despised it. I have absolutely no idea how you're supposed to control the game, and frankly, I don't care.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of rare things, do you think these special edition The Hobbit RealD 3D glasses (sealed in original packaging) will be worth something someday?

2012-12-15225545_zpsd527bc58.jpg

Probably not.

Im not the biggest game collector but i do have quite a collection some of my more rarer games are.

NES: BattleToads Ninja Gaiden 1-3 Castlevania 1

SNES: Metal Warriors Mechwarrior Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Biker Mice from Mars

PS1: Persona Innocent Sin (Jap) Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure Tactics Ogre Battle Arena Toshinden 1-2 Digimon World 1-3 Monster Rancher 2 And my personal Favorite Threads of Fate.

Well that about covers all my Rare games that i can think of off the top of my head. 

Edited by Luna'sChosen
  • Brohoof 1

I have the Original Pokemon Yellow Version still in my possesion. I haven't played it in awhile but it is still one of my treasured possesions becasue it was my first video game and it came with a purple see through Gameboy Color. I have massive nostalgia feelings just thinking about it.

Well, I have little knowledge of how rare many games are, but I do have a Japanese copy of Mother 3 that cost me something like, £53.00. I also have Mother 2 which cost me about £38.00.

Then I have something called 'Nintendo world championships' that's encased in a gold cartridge... I wonder how much that's worth.

Well, I have little knowledge of how rare many games are, but I do have a Japanese copy of Mother 3 that cost me something like, £53.00. I also have Mother 2 which cost me about £38.00.

Then I have something called 'Nintendo world championships' that's encased in a gold cartridge... I wonder how much that's worth.

I don't know about that, anybody could post that kind of blasphamy.

There are only a few copies in the world, it is the holy grail of gamers everywhere!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I don't know about that, anybody could post that kind of blasphamy.

There are only a few copies in the world, it is the holy grail of gamers everywhere!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Lol, jkjk... Man, I wish : P 

I did buy a game called Nintendo world championships from a jumble sale once, but it turned out to be a pirate :/

While I do collect video games, I don't have many rare ones. In fact, I think my rarest games are my Virtual Boy games. blink.png Red Alarm, Mario Tennis and Nester's Funky Bowling.

img-860298-1-virtualboi.jpg

YES!! Virtual Bow FTW! I dont know why Nintendo scrapped it, thought it was awesome! (at the time) Brings back so many memories from my youth.

• Brohoof 1

Lol, jkjk... Man, I wish : P 

I did buy a game called Nintendo world championships from a jumble sale once, but it turned out to be a pirate :/

Is it the reproduction by RetroUSB?

I guess it would be better than nothing. Besides, the real ones are crazy expensive, so I would be alright with a repro.

Zelda Ocarina of Time special edition gold cartridge

Zelda NES special edition gold cartridge

I could probably come up with more but those are the ones that come to mind

Little Nemo - The Dream Master (NES)

Tales of Phantasia (SNES Japanese)

Omega Boost (PS1)

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete  (PS1)

Lunar Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)

Alundra - PS1 

Guilty Gear XX The Midnight Carnival Slash (PS2 Japanese)

Okami (PS2)

Ikaruga (GCN)

Gun Valkyrie (Xbox)

Phantom Dust (Xbox)

Im looking for a PS1 Einhänder so if anypony wants to makes business tell me XD

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

YES!! Virtual Bow FTW! I dont know why Nintendo scrapped it, thought it was awesome! (at the time) Brings back so many memories from my youth.

Honestly, I agree with you. Once you adjust the system for your eyes, you really don't get these infamous headaches people say you do.  Mario Clash is a great classic that not a lot of people get to experience because the platform gets a bad rap. :(

I've kept a Rare game from the N64. It's Banjo-Kazooie (see what I did there?)

But I also still have my copy of Road Trip Adventure. I know that it got added to the PS2 collection on the Playstation Store, but the physical game was actually pretty hard to find (or at least in the UK).

• Brohoof 3

the rarest game that I own is Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars for the SNES. Man that game was apain in the butt to beat but the gameplay was awsome, great storyline, and wicked music. Now if only they would do that style with more moddern RPG games.

• Brohoof 1

I have a copy of Earthbound and the stupid pizza air freshener that's coveted by most Earthbound fans. I got both of these a few years back when some mom was throwing out all of her son's crap while he was away at college.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I though of more stuff:

I think the most surprising thing I got was a Atari Jaguar lot for $15(talked the woman down from $35):

System, Power Cord, Controller

Doom(Boxed, Complete)

Wolfenstein 3D(Boxed, Complete)

Bubsy's Fractured Furry Tales(Boxed, Complete)

A couple boxed sports games, and the cart to the pack-in game. 

Also, I have a working Sega 32X, and I've heard from some sources is kinda uncommon in the wild. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Video games? None. Even my Atari and NES games I have are common.

I suppose my Nintendo Time Out - Fireman Fireman could be counted if we want to talk handhelds. I also have a very early Merlin unit (the exact one to the right when you click basically).